1/19/12

App can kiss my ass

11 days ago
4/22/03

“Please, stop..no...”

wtf??

11 days ago
1/1/01

The proof is in the pudding... Agree that one doesn't translate well to our culture

11 days ago
1/1/01
"jumped the shark" makes absolutely no sense unless you know the origin of how the phrase came to be.
11 days ago
2/15/18

For FUCKS sake!

11 days ago
1/14/07
Liyon - "jumped the shark" makes absolutely no sense unless you know the origin of how the phrase came to be.

I didn't even know until a few years ago when someone posted the video here. 

11 days ago
8/6/06
Liyon - "jumped the shark" makes absolutely no sense unless you know the origin of how the phrase came to be.

I don't know the origin, but I take it to mean that something has exhaused interest in itself. Like, once you jump the sharks on a motorcycle, where do you have to go after that? It's over after you've jumped the shark, because you can only go down from there. 

11 days ago
4/13/12
kevsh -

Not really a saying, but it's used repeatedly by news anchors/guests, business people, sportscasters ... Take "going forward" out of any sentence it's ever been used in and the meaning is still the same. I.e. It's a completely useless pyschological addon to imply positivity and direction.

Example:

"The Bills will have to address their QB situation going forward."

"The Bills will have to address their QB situation."

Means the same thing.

"We'd like to see more sales from your department going forward."

"We'd like to see more sales from your department."

Again.

Of course the non-corporate b.s. way of saying that would be "Get your team to meet your quota or your ass is fired."

Has anyone ever told you to work on your communication style?

Edited: 11 days ago
4/13/12
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -

I don't know the origin, but I take it to mean that something has exhaused interest in itself. Like, once you jump the sharks on a motorcycle, where do you have to go after that? It's over after you've jumped the shark, because you can only go down from there. 

Its a reference from Happy Days.  In one of the later episodes, Fonzi water ski jumps over a shark.  It was such a ridiculous plot concept for the show it served to note the point in any story or situation where it just becomes absurd, ridiculous and silly.  A point where people usually walk away from it (or stop watching).

11 days ago
7/21/14

"Sorry not sorry" hurts my head

10 days ago
10/24/19

It's a coin flip

MIT proved tails lands at a higher rate than heads 

10 days ago
1/1/01

Hot as fuck or hot as buttfuck...

Sounds just stoopid and unoriginal

10 days ago
8/6/06
Alienware -

"Sorry not sorry" hurts my head

I think it's just short hand for "I'm sorry that I'm not sorry."

Edited: 10 days ago
3/4/10

"It's neither here nor there" 

I don't get it but I use it during times when I know I'm not using it correctly to not make sense...on purpose.

10 days ago
7/30/14
kingofpancakes80 -

You stand on her hair, and I'll fuck her. 

Fuck’s sake haha VU