OtherGround Forums Portrait of Charles Mingus in One Single Line

3 days ago
1/1/01

Here's a drawing I did of Charles Mingus in one single continuous line. Ink on paper:

3 days ago
7/9/12

Niiiiiiiiiiice!

3 days ago
7/28/10

That is fantastic, damn wish I had that kind of talent. 

3 days ago
1/21/14

That is amazing. Do you have to really focus on what you're doing, or does it just flow?

3 days ago
1/13/11

MINGUS!!!!  Bad ass Mr Bentley!  

3 days ago
4/11/05

You did that on coke? 

Well done... I can never sit still. 

Edited: 3 days ago
1/25/19

i see a bunch that arent connected. the bottom right for instance. single line my azz.

3 days ago
5/23/07

Holy shit sir. That is badass

3 days ago
5/23/07
skad - 

i see a bunch that arent connected. the bottom right for instance. single line my azz.

Rong

3 days ago
1/1/01
skad - 

The bottom right is where the line starts. You'll find one more part of the drawing like that (where the line ends)

3 days ago
1/1/01
mistaaxman - 

That is amazing. Do you have to really focus on what you're doing, or does it just flow?

I have to really focus (and take my time) around the parts that outline the features directly because accuracy/likeness are imperative. But in the areas where it's just dark or blcoked-off I can move relatively quickly because the most important thing is to just ensure the lines don't cross over.

3 days ago
3/31/14
robert bentley -
skad - 

The bottom right is where the line starts. You'll find one more part of the drawing like that (where the line ends)

Oh snap! Haha

love your work as per usual 

3 days ago
1/1/01
JCMcGee - 

You did that on coke? 

Well done... I can never sit still. 

Thanks!

Nope - I think the only substance I've ever created on besides caffeine or alcohol would be microdosing LSD ;-) 

I don't find coke particularly great (I mean - the few times I tried it I felt AMAZING for a short period of time, and then I'd have to do more...and then the next day I'd feel burnt out and awful.) but trying to create on coke would be a nightmare I'd imagine.

I wanted to create on mushrooms before - but I found mushrooms are better to experience first and create based off of that. I didn't feel like focusing on a particular task.

(I know you were joking - but the whole subject of Artistic creation and drugs is an interesting one!)

3 days ago
1/1/01

WOW! That's tremendous

3 days ago
1/25/19
robert bentley -
skad - 

on further inspection i stand corrected. from farther away it forms some optical illusion that looks like shapes are connected

3 days ago
1/1/01

Superb!

2 days ago
1/1/01
deepu - 

Superb!

Thanks!

2 days ago
1/1/01
2 days ago
10/31/13

Beautiful work OP.

2 days ago
1/1/01
jman - 

I'm a married man so I'm always sure to redirect the deluge of pussy towards my friends. Chess nerds who can draw get ALL the chicks.

2 days ago
1/1/01
Haka Jawaka - 

Beautiful work OP.

Thank you my good man!