OtherGround Forums Positive Reinforcement Thread

27 days ago
10/2/06

Write a little something about yourself in here (one or two lines, nothing frat). I'll do my best to cheer ya up.

I'm going to make the OG love again! 8==)--

27 days ago
12/29/14

You usually try your hardest at whatever you're doing, and if you don't, you don't say that you did.

27 days ago
3/25/19

I blew out my knee a couple months back and miss training really badly. I don't feel like myself without mma and bjj.

27 days ago
11/19/06

I’m 37. Knee and shoulder issues continue to bother me. Can I still trane? Is it too late. Am I an old loser?

27 days ago
6/6/02

I can't get the dream job that I want. 

27 days ago
8/9/16

Image result for dracula van helsing gif

Image result for dracula van helsing gif

27 days ago
3/25/19
Throwin’Knuckles -

I’m 37. Knee and shoulder issues continue to bother me. Can I still trane? Is it too late. Am I an old loser?

You are an old loser for sure, but should definitely keep traneing. 

What weight class you near fella? 

27 days ago
11/19/06
HighInsideLegKick -
Throwin’Knuckles -

Hahaha. True. I ballooned to 227 about 4 months ago. I’ve been boxing and doing cardio eating really good. Down to 205! 

27 days ago
8/9/16
Throwin’Knuckles -

i just turned 37 today...   :(

27 days ago
11/19/06
ABCTT_Disco Dracula -
Throwin’Knuckles -

It’s not too late! Look at straydog.. He’s like 56 and still in shape. We can do it!

27 days ago
3/25/19
Throwin’Knuckles -
HighInsideLegKick -
Throwin’Knuckles -

Hahaha. True. I ballooned to 227 about 4 months ago. I’ve been boxing and doing cardio eating really good. Down to 205! 

Nice! We'll keep up the good work man. I'm up around 185 since I hurt my knee. I've just started doing some long walks and light jogs. 

Hoping to be back down around 165-170 in the next couple months. The few fights I had were all at 145. 

Think my fighting days are behind me because I'm not willing to give it all the time it needs foe me to do my best. Thinking about doing a bjj tournament or something when I heal.

27 days ago
11/19/06
HighInsideLegKick -
Throwin’Knuckles -
HighInsideLegKick -
Throwin’Knuckles -

Nice! We'll keep up the good work man. I'm up around 185 since I hurt my knee. I've just started doing some long walks and light jogs. 

Hoping to be back down around 165-170 in the next couple months. The few fights I had were all at 145. 

Think my fighting days are behind me because I'm not willing to give it all the time it needs foe me to do my best. Thinking about doing a bjj tournament or something when I heal.

So the knee.. Did you get an MRI? I had them look at mine. They were going to send me for an MRI. Told them I was paying cash. They wanted 4K just for the MRI. F that. I can’t afford it right now. So when I train I put a narly brace on it tight AF. 

27 days ago
11/19/06

It’s very easy to gain weight when you are injured. Got to be on a strict diet my man. Sounds like you are on the right track.

27 days ago
10/2/06
HighInsideLegKick -

I blew out my knee a couple months back and miss training really badly. I don't feel like myself without mma and bjj.

In this day and age with medicine and surgery,  take time to heal...you will be back on the mats enjoying your training in no time!

27 days ago
10/2/06
Throwin’Knuckles -

Age doesn't mean a thing. There have been people fighting mma in their 50s and 60s.

Exercise and eat healthy....you can still do it.

27 days ago
10/2/06
fanat -

You are still alive, and as long as you are, you can push and get the dream job you want....or at least for the time being, reassess your current job, and see if it was under your nose all along.

27 days ago
10/2/06
ABCTT_Disco Dracula -
Throwin’Knuckles -

Happy birthday!

I turn 38 in a few days. We got our best years still ahead of us. Let's fn do this!

27 days ago
10/2/06

I was chasing a keto diet again....did it on and off for 5 years. 

Saw my blood pressure was high (see previous thread), been eating pure foods...fruits and veggies...no preservatives or caffeine.

Blood pressure is at a much better place (averaging 132 / 72....versus 155 / 85)...also lost 6 pounds and significantly trimmed around my stomach area.

Cut the preservatives and caffeine. Eat fruits and veggies. 

27 days ago
3/25/19
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -
HighInsideLegKick -

In this day and age with medicine and surgery,  take time to heal...you will be back on the mats enjoying your training in no time!

Thanks sir! I really gotta say, you positively reinforce with the best of them! 

Happy early bday and keep on rockin the free world!

27 days ago
6/6/02
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -
fanat -

You are still alive, and as long as you are, you can push and get the dream job you want....or at least for the time being, reassess your current job, and see if it was under your nose all along.

Thanks. That makes me feel a little better! 

27 days ago
7/24/16

The OG would be a much better place with more threads like this. All of you guys are good dudes in my book.

26 days ago
8/9/16
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -
ABCTT_Disco Dracula -
Throwin’Knuckles -

Happy birthday!

I turn 38 in a few days. We got our best years still ahead of us. Let's fn do this!

Thanks brother...  :) 

Happy pre-birthday to you...! 

26 days ago
11/19/06
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -
Throwin’Knuckles -

Age doesn't mean a thing. There have been people fighting mma in their 50s and 60s.

Exercise and eat healthy....you can still do it.

26 days ago
10/2/06

Hope you all have a great weekend. 

Every day you have the opportunity to wake up and breathe, is a blessing. 

I gotta work tonight...would rather be home with family, but I'm gonna grind hard and make sure some lives are saved through organ transplant.