OtherGround Forums Pres Trump Hints Ending Quarantine After 15 Days!

5 days ago
7/22/09
Jack Carter -

BACK TO WORK: Ford Motors Announces They Intend to Begin Reopening Plants on Apr. 6

ECONOMICS

BACK TO WORK: Ford Motors Announces They Intend to Begin Reopening Plants on Apr. 6

Ford Motor Co. announced on Thursday that they intend to begin reopening some of their plants on Apr. 6, as the iconic automaker hopes that the coronavirus pandemic will not sideline their business for long.

GM and Chrysler have not issued any possible schedule for resuming operations at the present time. If all goes according to plan, Ford will re-open the Hermosillo Assembly Plant on Apr. 6 for one shift. It would then open many more facilities across the country on Apr. 14.

I thought that Ford was already producing ventilators?

5 days ago
5/14/10
jcblass - 
Tomato Can - 
jcblass - Trump is smart, he is trying to inject a bit of confidence into the markets in conjunction with the stimulus and it has made massive difference in the market over the last three days. Everyone is in the moment, it has to be a day at a time, we can't have the bottom fall out from underneath the market. Trump's language has propped it up a bit, he is getting generally high marks on his handling of the crisis....he will probably get to the Easter and push the quarantine a bit further...although, I do think there are multiple counties across the USA that could open.

He's not smart and he has zero credibility with anyone who matters. His random ravings may impress rubes but anyone with half a brain (i.e. the people who move markets) sees him as a huckster who is way out of his depth.

Gee, you're not partisan at all. I guess you will be voting for Biden/Kamala then hahahah, that's the sign of real intelligence.

Just imagine that something or someone in this world could get that kind of reaction from you so easily. TDS will be studied in psychiatric fields for centuries after Trump is out of office
5 days ago
9/8/02
Freaky_Hibiki - 
jcblass - 
Tomato Can - 
jcblass - Trump is smart, he is trying to inject a bit of confidence into the markets in conjunction with the stimulus and it has made massive difference in the market over the last three days. Everyone is in the moment, it has to be a day at a time, we can't have the bottom fall out from underneath the market. Trump's language has propped it up a bit, he is getting generally high marks on his handling of the crisis....he will probably get to the Easter and push the quarantine a bit further...although, I do think there are multiple counties across the USA that could open.

He's not smart and he has zero credibility with anyone who matters. His random ravings may impress rubes but anyone with half a brain (i.e. the people who move markets) sees him as a huckster who is way out of his depth.

Gee, you're not partisan at all. I guess you will be voting for Biden/Kamala then hahahah, that's the sign of real intelligence.

Just imagine that something or someone in this world could get that kind of reaction from you so easily. TDS will be studied in psychiatric fields for centuries after Trump is out of office

What reaction. Trump is our current President, he will be up for re-election in 2020...is this correct so far? OK good, So Trump is the Republican incumbent and Joe Biden (and probably Harris) will be his opponent. Is this wrong? Are we not largely a two-party system?

OK, Great...so according to you, Trump is a huckster moron, so it seems safe to assume you won't be voting for him. Right? Or are you voting for Trump?

Got it...so your choice is going to be Trump or Biden.

How am I deranged? You will be voting for Joe Biden, a guy who can't even manage a streaming video session from his living, something teenagers all over america do each minute. Yet, you think he is the "intelligent" choice this election.
5 days ago
1/1/01
jcblass - 
Freaky_Hibiki - 
jcblass - 
Tomato Can - 

What reaction. Trump is our current President, he will be up for re-election in 2020...is this correct so far? OK good, So Trump is the Republican incumbent and Joe Biden (and probably Harris) will be his opponent. Is this wrong? Are we not largely a two-party system?

OK, Great...so according to you, Trump is a huckster moron, so it seems safe to assume you won't be voting for him. Right? Or are you voting for Trump?

Got it...so your choice is going to be Trump or Biden.

How am I deranged? You will be voting for Joe Biden, a guy who can't even manage a streaming video session from his living, something teenagers all over america do each minute. Yet, you think he is the "intelligent" choice this election.

Oh yeah, Trump's a veritable tech wiz - lol!

Trump's extent of technology management is sending tweets on his phone. He doesn't even use all that newfangled Email stuff.

5 days ago
7/6/14
VTCO -
CavemanDave -

If we are lucky 15-25 days will be pretty close to the peak of infection.  

If we are gonna do all this shit and then end it during the peak of infection, that would be an absolute disaster.

Worst of both worlds

This.

The whole slow the spread campaign is to keep people the fuck away from crowds because the peak is coming.

It would be unfathomable to try and tell people it is safe to go about their business in another week or so.

This would go against his own task force's advice and considering Fauci has become a national hero for basically every American, it would be a disastrous decision to go against his advice.

Trump is just panicking right now. Because the market is going to completely tank tomorrow morning. 

This... Ending it right now or 2 weeks from now would be a disaster. We would probably be getting close to flattening the curve then if he lifted the quarantine we would be fucked as a nation and this would be 100 percent on him. 

5 days ago
4/17/15

We now have more cases than China. MAGA

5 days ago
1/1/01

Boris Johnson might disagree

5 days ago
5/13/11
androb -
camicom -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
camicom -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
camicom -
Jack Carter -

https://nypost.com/2020/03/26/trump-to-rank-us-counties-by-coronavirus-risk-may-relax-social-distancing/

Trump to rank US counties by coronavirus risk, may ‘relax’ social distancing

Looks like Fauci and Dr Birk are on board with it. Of course Lockhart hates it.

Source for Fauci being on board? 

He said it during the latest briefing.

So you claim he supports this move by Trump, but then post a tweet where the person says Fauci states "at some point" (not necessarily as quickly as Trump wants), and also points out that the virus will possibly rebound? 

I'll just go try and find the briefing you're talking about instead of going of a tweeters synopsis. 

Watch the briefing dummy.

Cami... it doesn’t matter 

fett wants the USA to burn so he can finally be right about something 

but you know this already 

it’s usually kind of fun watching him fuck himself on here but it’s different this time 

but what a great press conference. They all seemed to be feeling more confident that this virus isn’t going to be a population ender and things are getting under control 

not sure if you caught it all but the lady said there were 2000 ventilators not used in nyc and 1000’s more all over the country in places where there is no outbreaks yet 

and the talks of do no resuscitate orders are all fake news 

Oh look, you came back to make up massive lies about me while pretending it's "different this time" to you. A Canadian stalking a poster to make up lies about him because his ego is so damaged and frail from past smack downs. 

So butthurt you'll pretend I am happy about a pandemic that's killing people rapidly. 

That's about as pathetic as you can be. Congrats?

5 days ago
2/24/11
Co3 -

America first at everything !

5 days ago
1/25/04
Co3 -

No we don’t. 

We simply don’t lie about our numbers 

5 days ago
7/2/15

A tiny part of me wants him to end it early just to see how low he can go 

5 days ago
5/13/11
Jack Carter -
Co3 -

No we don’t. 

Interesting as I've seen you use information from the Chinese government to support your stance on COVID19 things in the past couple weeks. But when it hurts your stance they are lying. 

If we remove China from all data because you feel they are liars, then how are we stacking up? 

5 days ago
6/29/09
Co3 -

Obvioualy COVID-19 is a major problem here in the States, but it is incredibly unlikely China is being honest about their numbers.

5 days ago
4/3/08
Co3 -

I’m sure you believe the numbers coming out of NK too

5 days ago
1/1/01
jcblass - 
Tomato Can - 

You could describe it as partisan, but everything I said is flatly true. The man has zero command of the facts, his continued ignorance and dishonesty in the midst of a crisis are shocking.

I'm baffled how diehard Trumpers can watch the President spend the first 6-8 weeks of a national crisis repeatedly lying to their faces, and still show some modicum of support for him. The resilience his cult of personality has shown is utterly amazing.
5 days ago
8/14/10
Murderer
5 days ago
7/22/09
GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT -
Jack Carter -

ECONOMICS

Ford Motor Co. announced on Thursday that they intend to begin reopening some of their plants on Apr. 6, as the iconic automaker hopes that the coronavirus pandemic will not sideline their business for long.

GM and Chrysler have not issued any possible schedule for resuming operations at the present time. If all goes according to plan, Ford will re-open the Hermosillo Assembly Plant on Apr. 6 for one shift. It would then open many more facilities across the country on Apr. 14.

Trump to GM and Ford: 'START MAKING VENTILATORS, NOW!!!!!'

President Trump tore into General Motors and the Ford Motor Company on Twitter Friday for what he described as foot-dragging on the production of much-needed ventilators for coronavirus patients.

Trump, who has resisted putting into action the Defense Production Act that would mandate companies to assist in the government's response, called for its invocation in a tweet.

5 days ago
9/26/10
GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT -
GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT -
Jack Carter -

ECONOMICS

Trump to GM and Ford: 'START MAKING VENTILATORS, NOW!!!!!'

President Trump tore into General Motors and the Ford Motor Company on Twitter Friday for what he described as foot-dragging on the production of much-needed ventilators for coronavirus patients.

Trump, who has resisted putting into action the Defense Production Act that would mandate companies to assist in the government's response, called for its invocation in a tweet.

lol at this horribly written, fake news article. saying they don't need 30k or 40k is not him saying we don't need them at all. 

clearly, he knows they are needed. he's talked about ford and gm producing them before. apparently they are dragging their feet on something they already committed to, so now he's getting pissed. 

5 days ago
3/28/02
thebehemoth73 -
VTCO -
CavemanDave -

If we are lucky 15-25 days will be pretty close to the peak of infection.  

If we are gonna do all this shit and then end it during the peak of infection, that would be an absolute disaster.

Worst of both worlds

This.

The whole slow the spread campaign is to keep people the fuck away from crowds because the peak is coming.

It would be unfathomable to try and tell people it is safe to go about their business in another week or so.

This would go against his own task force's advice and considering Fauci has become a national hero for basically every American, it would be a disastrous decision to go against his advice.

Trump is just panicking right now. Because the market is going to completely tank tomorrow morning. 

This... Ending it right now or 2 weeks from now would be a disaster. We would probably be getting close to flattening the curve then if he lifted the quarantine we would be fucked as a nation and this would be 100 percent on him. 

You mean Trump is giving shitty/dangerous advice?

That is blasphemy around here

Edited: 5 days ago
12/26/05
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Jack Carter -
Co3 -

No we don’t. 

Interesting as I've seen you use information from the Chinese government to support your stance on COVID19 things in the past couple weeks. But when it hurts your stance they are lying. 

If we remove China from all data because you feel they are liars, then how are we stacking up? 

Per capita?  Pretty good.

The US is bigger than spain, germany, france, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, and the Scandinavian countries combined.

Hopefully things go better both here, and over there.  At this point I'd say north America is failing far better than the EU though.  That could be a matter of time however.

5 days ago
3/28/02
Tomato Can -
jcblass - 
Tomato Can - 

You could describe it as partisan, but everything I said is flatly true. The man has zero command of the facts, his continued ignorance and dishonesty in the midst of a crisis are shocking.

I'm baffled how diehard Trumpers can watch the President spend the first 6-8 weeks of a national crisis repeatedly lying to their faces, and still show some modicum of support for him. The resilience his cult of personality has shown is utterly amazing.

Trump is incompetent to manage national crises such as this

Anyone who disagrees worships at the Church Of Trump

Faith based arguments