OtherGround Forums Pres Trump Hints Ending Quarantine After 15 Days!

10 days ago
8/1/13

I hope its true.

Trump is the president the country needs right now.

MAGA!

10 days ago
1/1/01

I appreciate the optimism but the left just runs with this shit.

10 days ago
11/8/19

badass motherfucker

10 days ago
8/1/13
Mit -

I appreciate the optimism but the left just runs with this shit.

He has the balls to do it, and I dont think he gives a flying fuck what the left thinks:)

10 days ago
3/21/12
He's trying to manage the market, he would be better off being quiet until he pulls the state of emergency by surprise.
10 days ago
1/1/01

Yes hints and innuendo, that's real leadership.

10 days ago
1/1/01
He is a fucking imbecile and he is making the market worse with this shit.
10 days ago
9/14/19

MMMMMAAAAAAAGGGGGGAAAAAA!!!!!!!

10 days ago
9/26/10

it is good to hear postive thinking, but the states will make their own decisions. I am not optimistic about New York lifting any time soon

10 days ago
8/1/13
Whambo -

He has been a fantastic leader through this and the American people see it. Thats why his approval rating for him and handling of the crisis is well over 50%.

10 days ago
9/14/19
Whambo -

The man has charisma!!!!!

C'mon admit it !!!!!

10 days ago
12/26/05

If we are lucky 15-25 days will be pretty close to the peak of infection.  

If we are gonna do all this shit and then end it during the peak of infection, that would be an absolute disaster.

Worst of both worlds

10 days ago
1/1/01
Whambo -

Of all the shit going on right now you think Trump’s tweets are having a significant impact on the market!?

10 days ago
1/1/01

What is he going to do? Mandate that schools open and remote employees return to work, Disney World opening? Good luck with that. The economy is fucked until this is over no matter how much bs he tweets. No one feels better from some random all caps tweet from Trump's midnight shit.

10 days ago
10/20/07

Not sure how that can work.  Maybe it will, but if everything goes back to normal and then cases start multiplying again, we are right back where we started...if not worse.

That said, how long can the country stay in quarantine and not go into chaos?

Oh, but didndithering task force say Saturday that this could go into the summer months of July/August?

10 days ago
4/13/12

It will be against the task force's recommendation and if the public finds that out, it might actually be his undoing.

He may be able to get away with killing someone in broad daylight, but not tens of thousands.

10 days ago
4/20/08

15 days from what date? 

10 days ago
8/1/13
Non N00B -

15 days from what date? 

From about a week ago when they went with the 15 day plan.

10 days ago
8/1/13
BZtown10 -

Now look what's happening, hospitals are buying twice as much hydoxycloroquine

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-20/hospitals-stockpile-malaria-drug-trump-says-could-treat-covid-19

Lol trump right again

But but Nigerians are overdosing on it. Trump is giving false hope, people are going to die....REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

10 days ago
3/1/10
CavemanDave -

If we are lucky 15-25 days will be pretty close to the peak of infection.  

If we are gonna do all this shit and then end it during the peak of infection, that would be an absolute disaster.

Worst of both worlds

This.

The whole slow the spread campaign is to keep people the fuck away from crowds because the peak is coming.

It would be unfathomable to try and tell people it is safe to go about their business in another week or so.

This would go against his own task force's advice and considering Fauci has become a national hero for basically every American, it would be a disastrous decision to go against his advice.

Trump is just panicking right now. Because the market is going to completely tank tomorrow morning. 

10 days ago
12/26/05
BZtown10 -

Now look what's happening, hospitals are buying twice as much hydoxycloroquine

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-20/hospitals-stockpile-malaria-drug-trump-says-could-treat-covid-19

Lol trump right again

I hope hes right.  I hope it gets shipped and used quickly.   

I have very little faith that the FDA will act quickly enough on this however.

Either way, this will not allow the world to go back to normal from where we are now on the upswing of infection.

10 days ago
1/1/01

Hopefully hydroxycholroquine will be the game changer that allows for shorter quarantines.  If not, two weeks would be ridiculously optimistic.  I always assumed the two week quarantine was to just introduce it slowly to the public.  People would lose their minds if they announced it as a 4 month quarantine.   Then, we have the likely possibility of a second wave.

10 days ago
9/26/10

It's not like a re-evaluation after 15 days has to mean going back to the way things were. Maybe they just loosen the belt a little.

Who the hell knows. lets just wait and see, and hope for any kind of good news. 

Edited: 10 days ago
6/28/13

Ending what quarantine? He hasn't implemented a nationwide quarantine. He can do whatever he wants but if California says we are still shelter in place for the next 2 months,  then as a resident of California, I'm still quarantined.

10 days ago
2/24/19

I sure hope and pray it works. My son, who is an anesthesiologist told me their hospital in TN is still doubling in confirmed cases every day and for every one confirmed there are many that most like have it but the tests are not back yet. The N95 masks are under lock and key and physicians and nurses only get one when their patient is confirmed positive. When the docs and nurses all get sick then we are in big trouble. Plus, since all elective surgeries are cancelled OR nurses, CRNA’s, anesthesiologists and surgeons are pretty much out of work right now except for intubation procedures. He is worried about his student loans, mortgage, etc. as well as the stress of not having proper PPE’s. We are far from being out of the woods.