OtherGround Forums Pres Trump Hints Ending Quarantine After 15 Days!

10 days ago
3/1/10
BZtown10 -

Now look what's happening, hospitals are buying twice as much hydoxycloroquine

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-20/hospitals-stockpile-malaria-drug-trump-says-could-treat-covid-19

Lol trump right again

NY is beginning clinical trials this week.

Fingers crossed.

10 days ago
12/26/05
VTCO -
CavemanDave -

If we are lucky 15-25 days will be pretty close to the peak of infection.  

If we are gonna do all this shit and then end it during the peak of infection, that would be an absolute disaster.

Worst of both worlds

This.

The whole slow the spread campaign is to keep people the fuck away from crowds because the peak is coming.

It would be unfathomable to try and tell people it is safe to go about their business in another week or so.

This would go against his own task force's advice and considering Fauci has become a national hero for basically every American, it would be a disastrous decision to go against his advice.

Trump is just panicking right now. Because the market is going to completely tank tomorrow morning. 

Not sure it matters.

What's a 5k drop vs a 7k drop?  At this point Trump may be viewed like a wartime president.   

Edited: 10 days ago
10/13/07

Not sure why anyone would believe him at this point...

10 days ago
7/22/09
camicom -

I hope its true.

Trump is the president the country needs right now.

MAGA!

Nice troll thread title, captain idiot.

He hinted at ending the 15 day period as much as he hinted at extending it. 
I hope everyone can just chill the fuck out for 30 days.

10 days ago
8/17/08

Trump already found the Cure (hydoxycloroquine).  Why do we need to continue the Quarantine?  Let it come... our bodies are ready. 

9 days ago
4/12/11

This bad Trump. Unable to keep quiet, making unhelpful/stupid claims, talking out of his ass.

9 days ago
1/12/07

Gold standard.

9 days ago
3/13/18

He doesn’t seem to understand states rights 

9 days ago
9/16/02
daba -

He is just winging it, even Pence is doing a much better job. DJT is just staying in the way.

9 days ago
4/29/09

Trump is legitimately slow mentally, if you don’t see it well...

9 days ago
6/30/14
with it being so close to the end of the school year I think it would be best for schools to remain with online learning to finish the school year. I know that creates challenges for those with young kids, it sucks for HS and college seniors, but I think that would be a big help.

If a company can work remotely, like my company, they should remain that way. Those who are not working at all because they can't work remotely should be allowed to go back to work.

Should still work to limit/restrict large gatherings (festivals, sporting events, concerts, etc)

I certainly don't know what is best but it seems like that might give us a balance of the economy and slowing the spread
Edited: 9 days ago
7/31/09
camicom -

I hope its true.

MAGA!

Why the hell would he tweet this?  Just to give people hope so they can then get let down?  

This is ridiculous. 

9 days ago
8/1/13
GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT -
camicom -

I hope its true.

MAGA!

You might be one of the dumbest posters ever to grace the OG. The fact that you don't understand where he is going in that tweet shows me that your tiny mind is likely stunted, intelligent thought ended in your early teens.

Edited: 9 days ago
7/31/09
camicom -
GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT -
camicom -

I hope its true.

MAGA!

You might be one of the dumbest posters ever to grace the OG. The fact that you don't understand where he is going in that tweet shows me that your tiny mind is likely stunted, intelligent thought ended in your early teens.

And where is he going with that tweet?

9 days ago
2/24/11

See it this way: no isolation meand more conatamination means more dead old people meaning less conservative votes. 

Uou sure you want this for Nov?

9 days ago
1/1/01

Isn't he just saying that he'll consider options afte 15 days.  If he's smart, then he should let the epidemiological data drive his decision.

As much as everyone wants to get back to work and get back to normal, there are real benefits to flattening the curve below the anticipated maximal healthcare capacity.   It's whether you want to end up with an outcome like South Korea, or you want an outcome like Italy.  That's the choice.  

9 days ago
7/22/09
jbc -

Isn't he just saying that he'll consider options afte 15 days.  If he's smart, then he should let the epidemiological data drive his decision.

As much as everyone wants to get back to work and get back to normal, there are real benefits to flattening the curve below the anticipated maximal healthcare capacity.   It's whether you want to end up with an outcome like South Korea, or you want an outcome like Italy.  That's the choice.  

Yes, he’s just saying that he’ll consider options, not what was suggested in the thread title.

I’m guessing OP has something wrong with his exhaust/tailpipe, because his threads keep backfiring on him.

9 days ago
8/22/02
daba -

Whoa, whoa whoa. Easy there big fella. No one said we were allowing facts on this thread. Smh. 

9 days ago
4/17/15

So we tanked the economy to try to spread out the infections but in two weeks we just say never mind and go back to normal? Why the fuck did we shut down for three weeks then? This is a clown show 

9 days ago
8/22/02

And no I don't mean Trump's comments were accurate. Just the FACT that he said them. 

9 days ago
1/1/01
camicom -
Whambo -

Yes hints and innuendo, that's real leadership.

He has been a fantastic leader through this and the American people see it. Thats why his approval rating for him and handling of the crisis is well over 50%.

Whatever crack you're smoking has caused irreparable brain damage to you. But yeah keep spreading that nonsense about the imbecile you worship. 

9 days ago
5/13/11

I just don't get how thinking going back to life as normal at 15 days is in any way MAGA. Look at the difference in what a "quarantine in place" had.
9 days ago
5/13/11
camicom -
Mit -

I appreciate the optimism but the left just runs with this shit.

He has the balls to do it, and I dont think he gives a flying fuck what the left thinks:)

He had the "balls" to potentially end safety measures right at when we are projected to be at the absolute PEAK of the spread? 

That's "balls" to you? 

9 days ago
3/17/14

Yes. Great president. 

What should be noted is just how much of a mob mentality that most of the population has, including people in this forum. People are willing to lose their rights and let this kinda thing become normal.

Curfews-driving papers-businesses shutting down-jailed indefinitely-ban on gatherings-etc. Freedom loving Americans my ass.

9 days ago
11/18/15

As we have witnessed, lots changes in a week.  Circle back in two weeks, take a look at the situation and make the best decision given the avialable at that time.