OtherGround Forums Pres Trump Signs EO Extending Covid Benefits MAGA!

8/8/20 5:20 PM
8/1/13

Pres Trump just signed 4 EO for Covid relief!

1. $400.00 extra per week for unemployment benefits

2. No payroll taxes starting Aug 1 till the end of the year

3. Suspension of Student Loan payments until end of year

4. Suspension of all evictions until the end of the year

Once again the President takes it upon himself to do what useless COngress is unable to do...HELP THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!

MAGA!

8/8/20 5:24 PM
4/22/20
I don't know how legal this is but I am curious how congress responds to this esp democratic side
8/8/20 5:25 PM
9/22/16
Ooof. Man of the people.
8/8/20 5:26 PM
1/1/01

MAGA

8/8/20 5:27 PM
1/1/01

REEEEEEEeeeeeeeEeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEE. (big breath). rRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee

-the left

8/8/20 5:27 PM
9/3/12
Colby Covid19ington - I don't know how legal this is but I am curious how congress responds to this esp democratic side

The Democrats will hold out on the stimulus bill which will only affect their base because most of their base never had a job to collect unemployment anyways so they actually need that stimulus check. Another W for Trump 

8/8/20 5:29 PM
3/17/14

Could be maga but I'm not completely sold.

1. is hurting businesses. I'm looking for workers and I'm having a very hard time. I legit have people apply, walk in for their first day of work, look at the camera and wave and then go ghost for the rest of the shift to never be seen again. They are gaming the system. They the claim they are looking for work/trying to find work but cant find any.

4. Is really bad. What about the people who own houses they rent out? Are their mortgage payments to the banks also suspended? If not then fuck #4. 

Edited: 8/8/20 5:32 PM
3/1/10

Few thoughts:

1) Definitely not constitutional

2) Gonna be shitty for everyone when there is litigation against it, delaying aid

3) Trump betting big on winning the optics war

4) Gonna make negotiations in Congress that much harder

5) Eviction freezes are good for tenants, but there is an entire system in-place which depends on tenants paying rent. If tenants don't/can't pay, what about landlords and their overhead?

#5 is asking for a major Domino effect if you don't take care of the landlords and property owners and their own bills and financial obligations.

8/8/20 5:30 PM
12/17/09

Pelosi, Schumer and the dems should be thrown in Gitmo. 

8/8/20 5:32 PM
12/17/09
VTCO -

Few thoughts:

2) Gonna be shitty for everyone when there is litigation against it, delaying aid

5) Eviction freezes are good for tenants, but there is an entire system in-place which depends on tenants paying rent. If tenants don't/can't pay, what about landlords and their overhead?

#5 is asking for a major Domino effect if you don't take care of the landlords and property owners and their own bills and financial obligations.

Few thoughts:

1)Reeeeeeeeee

2) You are a faggot 

8/8/20 5:32 PM
12/26/19
VTCO -

Few thoughts:

Reeeeeeeeeeeee

Edited: 8/8/20 5:34 PM
8/1/13
BruteDion -

1. is hurting businesses. I'm looking for workers and I'm having a very hard time. I legit have people apply, walk in for their first day of work, look at the camera and wave and then go ghost for the rest of the shift to never be seen again. They are gaming the system. They the claim they are looking for work/trying to find work but cant find any.

4. Is really bad. What about the people who own houses they rent out? Are their mortgage payments to the banks also suspended? If not then fuck #4. 

Yes, it will be mortgages that are also suspended.

8/8/20 5:36 PM
3/1/10
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
VTCO -

Few thoughts:

Reeeeeeeeeeeee

Explain how an eviction freeze will help landlords who have mortgages to pay.

8/8/20 5:37 PM
1/25/04

8/8/20 5:37 PM
3/17/14
camicom -
BruteDion -

Yes, it will be mortgages that are also suspended.

Ok then it's not so bad for #4. What about the banks though? I'm sure they will be wanting another bailout for that lost revenue for now.

8/8/20 5:41 PM
3/1/10

Will you guys want President Biden to sign sweeping executive orders on gun control and illegal immigration?

8/8/20 5:43 PM
9/19/13

PELOSI IS IMPLODING RIGHT NOW

8/8/20 5:46 PM
1/13/04
VTCO - 

Will you guys want President Biden to sign sweeping executive orders on gun control and illegal immigration?

You can't eat bullets nor immigrants. Trump is putting food (via $$) on people's tables. Dem's have to tread lightly regarding how they respond..

8/8/20 5:46 PM
2/9/12

I’m all for the payroll tax being taking away. 

8/8/20 5:50 PM
3/1/10
Graduate1 -
VTCO - 

You can't eat bullets nor immigrants. Trump is putting food (via $$) on people's tables. Dem's have to tread lightly regarding how they respond..

Dems will sue and there will be an injunction preventing this from happening, so nobody is going to get food (via $$) on their tables with this EO, either.

This.Is.Not.Legal.

8/8/20 5:56 PM
10/16/16
camicom -

Once again the President takes it upon himself to do what useless COngress is unable to do...HELP THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!

MAGA!

The payroll tax is only deferred until the end of the year. People still,owe it. Also, its only for people making less than 100k, which excludes everyone on the OG.

8/8/20 5:57 PM
1/12/07

8/8/20 5:58 PM
6/10/03
Dems have been bitching and moaning about how the GOP is trying to kill Americans by not signing the stimulus bill but now that the PRES signs an EO doing what they want but without all of the other non covid related BS tied to it, the whole thing is illegal and not a good thing. What the Fucking Fuck is wrong with the democratic party?
8/8/20 6:01 PM
1/1/01
VTCO -

Just shut up you fucking clown. Funny how patriots like you are freaking out about Trump doing something that benefits Americans. 

8/8/20 6:06 PM
11/15/04
FG_Gall -
camicom -

MAGA!

The payroll tax is only deferred until the end of the year. People still,owe it. Also, its only for people making less than 100k, which excludes everyone on the OG.

Deferred? As in, people will get hit with the bill all at once when the deferral period ends?

I sure as hell hope that it’s an elective, because I’d much rather make my payroll tax payments as I go. I could see this being a major disaster for people who don’t set aside the tax.