OtherGround Forums Pres Trump Signs Historic China Trade Deal! MAGA!

1/15/20 4:23 PM
8/1/13

Amazing!

MAGA!

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/478396-trump-signs-first-phase-of-us-china-trade-deal

Trump signs first phase of US-China trade deal

President Trump and Chinese Vice Premier Liu He signed an initial "Phase One" trade agreement Wednesday, freezing a 20-month trade war between Washington and Beijing and opening the door to a more-substantial "Phase Two" deal.

The deal, text of which was not released ahead of the signing, is said to include commitments by China to buy $200 billion of U.S. goods, including as much as $50 billion in agricultural products over two years.

"Today we take a momentous step, one that has never been taken before with China, toward a future of fair and reciprocal trade as we sign Phase One of the historic trade deal between the United States and China," Trump said.

"Together we are righting the wrongs of the past and delivering a future of economic justice and security for American workers, farmers and families."

The deal will halve 15 percent tariffs on $120 billion of Chinese imports, but leave 25 percent tariffs on an additional $250 billion of imports in place. Agreement on the deal prevented a planned increase in the tariff rate in October and a new round of tariffs in December.

Businesses are eagerly awaiting the text of the agreement, with trade watchers raising concerns about enforceability and the extent of China's commitment.

Speaking to CNBC Wednesday morning, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said that Trump could reimpose tariffs in the event that China reneges on its commitments.

Mnuchin noted that the first part of the deal included provisions on intellectual property, forced technology transfer, agriculture, financial services and currency, but agreed that significant issues remain for future negotiations.

President Trump and Chinese Vice Premier Liu He signed an initial "Phase One" trade agreement Wednesday, freezing a 20-month trade war between Washington and Beijing and opening the door to a more-substantial "Phase Two" deal.

The deal, text of which was not released ahead of the signing, is said to include commitments by China to buy $200 billion of U.S. goods, including as much as $50 billion in agricultural products over two years.

"Today we take a momentous step, one that has never been taken before with China, toward a future of fair and reciprocal trade as we sign Phase One of the historic trade deal between the United States and China," Trump said.

"Together we are righting the wrongs of the past and delivering a future of economic justice and security for American workers, farmers and families."

The deal will halve 15 percent tariffs on $120 billion of Chinese imports, but leave 25 percent tariffs on an additional $250 billion of imports in place. Agreement on the deal prevented a planned increase in the tariff rate in October and a new round of tariffs in December.

Businesses are eagerly awaiting the text of the agreement, with trade watchers raising concerns about enforceability and the extent of China's commitment.

Speaking to CNBC Wednesday morning, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said that Trump could reimpose tariffs in the event that China reneges on its commitments.

Mnuchin noted that the first part of the deal included provisions on intellectual property, forced technology transfer, agriculture, financial services and currency, but agreed that significant issues remain for future negotiations.

"There are certain areas of other services away from financial services that will be in Phase Two. There's certain additional cybersecurity issues that will be in Phase Two. So, there are still more issues to deal with. And we'll address those," he said

Edited: 1/15/20 4:25 PM
12/8/12

ItS aLl a DiStRaCtIoN fRoM iMpEaChMeNt!!!

1/15/20 5:14 PM
6/3/03

#LiterallyHitler

1/15/20 6:10 PM
7/25/13

Hopefully now the 10s of billions of taxpayer money going out to farmers to subsidize the loss in income from China and the 50+ billion Americans are paying on tariffs on goods from China every year will cease. I'm tired of the US taxpayer/consumer getting screwed.

1/15/20 6:42 PM
12/17/06
Principal Andy - 

Hopefully now the 10s of billions of taxpayer money going out to farmers to subsidize the loss in income from China and the 50+ billion Americans are paying on tariffs on goods from China every year will cease. I'm tired of the US taxpayer/consumer getting screwed.

Dude..

Find a proper finance guy and invest with him. Him. Not her. Him. That's important lol.

I have been seeing NOTHING but green since 2017.

Can't wait to see how my portfolio does tomorrow.

I don't think I've ever actually typed these four letters but once before...

MAGA

Edited: 1/15/20 6:48 PM
8/1/13
Principal Andy -

Im sure you're quite alright with 10x that amount of money going to illegal alien food and housing, correct?

And guess what? We get to do this all over again on Thursday when the Senate passes the historic USMCA trade deal...

1/15/20 6:50 PM
7/25/13
Altofsky -
Principal Andy - 

Dude..

Find a proper finance guy and invest with him. Him. Not her. Him. That's important lol.

MAGA

I said the "US taxpayer & consumer", I didn't say "investor"..... I've been in the market long enough to understand the cycles, bubbles, etc., to not get a chub over a news story. 

1/15/20 6:53 PM
5/16/08

I'll wait for the text to release before giving him kudos, but if true, it's definitely something he should be given credit for.

1/15/20 6:53 PM
1/1/01

Edited: 1/15/20 6:54 PM
7/25/13
camicom -
Principal Andy -

Im sure you're quite alright with 10x that amount of money going to illegal alien food and housing, correct?

And guess what? We get to do this all over again on Thursday when the Senate passes the historic USMCA trade deal...

You're talking apples and oranges (maybe both literally and figuratively), but no, I don't like economic waste. Silly for you to make blanket assumptions because I'm not waiving the maga pom poms like you.

1/15/20 6:56 PM
10/1/16
Altofsky - 
Principal Andy - 

Dude..

MAGA

Did you only start investing in 2017? The stock market has been on this same trajectory since 2009. Look at the chart.

How were you losing money from 2009-2017?

1/15/20 7:15 PM
12/31/19
Principal Andy -
camicom -
Principal Andy -

You're talking apples and oranges (maybe both literally and figuratively), but no, I don't like economic waste. Silly for you to make blanket assumptions because I'm not waiving the maga pom poms like you.

You need to put yourself in detention!

1/15/20 7:16 PM
1/25/07

It's hilarious how they slammed the obama deal as unfair and then went on TV today to brag about all the parts of the deal that were already negotiated by obama. 

All the hard stuff is still not done.

They have essentially achieved nothing in two years of negotiations and it's good enough for trump supporters. 

Edited: 1/15/20 7:23 PM
5/9/10
Altofsky -
Principal Andy - 

Dude..

MAGA

Could you be a wee bit more specific there lad.  I don't think you mean some schmuck in a $3 suit in Hoboken Kansas when you say "proper."

Btw, whaen are you doing another auction for your knives, I want another one.

1/15/20 7:28 PM
8/1/13

Sweet Cobra.

Mine is a '99. N/A. It has full bolt-ons and a full Griggs Racing suspension.

Not the power of a terminator, but it corners like no other w/the tubular K-Member and coil-overs all around, bump-steer kit and huge camber plates.

You can see a pic of it in my profile.

1/15/20 7:35 PM
1/2/15
Thelonious -

It's hilarious how they slammed the obama deal as unfair and then went on TV today to brag about all the parts of the deal that were already negotiated by obama. 

All the hard stuff is still not done.

They have essentially achieved nothing in two years of negotiations and it's good enough for trump supporters. 

Exactly.

Useless Obama didn't even tackle the biggest issues 

At least someone is now 

1/15/20 7:36 PM
1/2/15
Flavorful -
Altofsky - 
Principal Andy - 

Dude..

MAGA

Did you only start investing in 2017? The stock market has been on this same trajectory since 2009. Look at the chart.

Yup the market bottomed in 08-09 and started to recover 

Edited: 1/15/20 7:40 PM
8/17/05
Altofsky -
Principal Andy - 

Dude..

MAGA

My rate of return in 2019 was 33% Maga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/15/20 7:46 PM
8/23/11

You can tell who the assholes are in this thread. 
1 type of poster is happy that market is up 29000, there is a deal In place with China that on paper holds them accountable for many of the bad practices they have getting away with in the past and this deal along with USMCA will create jobs and bolster the economy 

and the. Other posters are shitting on the news because they just can't stand trump... you fucktards want to find a reason for the deal to fail the market to fall and a recession to hit so you can be right, and trump be wrong. 

What is wrong with you people?

1/15/20 7:48 PM
9/29/10
Flavorful -
Altofsky - 
Principal Andy - 

Dude..

MAGA

Yes, depending on what chart you look at it's been going up since it all started.  There is a good climb in a shorter period of time since trump.

Its just not the market, people in general are doing better or at least people capable of doing better.  Disposable income seems to be crazy right now.  Just about everybody I know just didn't make more than last year but made way more.  I'm in HVAC and it's just be crazy, we have people wanting new systems instead of couple hundred dollar fixes. House renovations, pools going in.  Landscapers and house cleaners are busy as hell, they are usually the first to be cut back when money is tight.

I can't speak for Alphonso, but I bet his business is doing great, you can buy a knife anywhere, but you need some disposable income to invest in quality.

for most people the "market" going up might be helping their retirement accounts, but but does little for their bank accounts.  Big business and small business has great confidence in Trump.

1/15/20 7:50 PM
2/15/06
androb - 

You can tell who the assholes are in this thread. 
1 type of poster is happy that market is up 29000, there is a deal In place with China that on paper holds them accountable for many of the bad practices they have getting away with in the past and this deal along with USMCA will create jobs and bolster the economy 

and the. Other posters are shitting on the news because they just can't stand trump... you fucktards want to find a reason for the deal to fail the market to fall and a recession to hit so you can be right, and trump be wrong. 

What is wrong with you people?

Good post
Edited: 1/16/20 5:36 PM
10/13/02

The sky is falling.

Remember the same assholes saying the tariffs were going to inflate prices 35% and up? Nothing I purchased in the past 20 months went up from the tariffs. It was all over the news "Unintended consequences from tariffs will cause recession".., well nothing I mean NOTHING I bought went up. 

oh the sky is falling. Well it was all lies. Gotta give Trump credit on this one.

1/16/20 5:58 PM
12/17/06

Oooooohhhh today was a GOOD damn day. Holy shit. 

I meant to check immediately upon close but got busy with other shit and just checked now.

Goddamn. Good day.

1/16/20 7:24 PM
1/1/01

this one is my fav

"img src="http://31.media.tumblr.com/4aa29692ad85ee498631be113dd17ec2/tumblr_n5xvmo2Qwj1sisiu9o1_500.gif" Phone Post 3.0

1/16/20 8:00 PM
10/1/16
Altofsky - 

Oooooohhhh today was a GOOD damn day. Holy shit. 

I meant to check immediately upon close but got busy with other shit and just checked now.

Goddamn. Good day.

Imagine if you'd been investing since 2009. Woowoo!

When did you start? You seem like a new investor. Your joy reminds me of when I meet someone who hasn't seen one of my favorite movies and I almost envy them for getting to see it for the first time.

But be warned. There are always dips. So don't panic if you see a pullback.

Welcome to the world of investing, kid!