OtherGround Forums Pres Trump Wants To Purchase Greenland! MGGA!

8/15/19 9:45 PM
10/1/16
cheech - 
johnsonbarr - My goodness the Trump hate is so over the top. lol Buy more land? They don't make any more of it so I say yes. I'd rather spend money on this than immigrants or welfare anchors.

The Tea Party must furious over all this debt!

It's not debt. It's liberal tears.

MAGA?
8/15/19 9:48 PM
8/23/11

I wo

8/15/19 9:48 PM
8/9/16

See the source image

8/15/19 9:50 PM
7/10/02
pendejopresident - 

With his love of destroying national parks and general disregard for the environment I don't see how this could go wrong

I certainly lean "right" in politics, and hate the mainstream media for their unrelenting Trump bashing, bias, lies, identity politics and on and on, but THIS is spot on. He has been awful when it comes to the environment. Who cares about more profits for a few if it destroys everything for the rest of us? à

That's the problem with the stupid constant Trump bashing, you can't criticize him for some legit specific points.

8/15/19 9:50 PM
4/24/12

Well we'll have an instant deportation plan. Take them straight from the border to 'new americia' until they want to go home. lol

8/15/19 9:51 PM
8/23/11

I wonder if the people who are against this purchase would also be against the purchase of Alaska way back when?

(or if they even knew or thought about it)

i wonder if Russia would have a do-over on that one lol

alaska only accounts for 20% of the USA gdp. 

I wonder how much oil / gas / metals are under Greenland. 

Alaska's oil and gas industry has produced more than 17 billion barrels of oiland six billion cubic feet of natural gas, accounting for an average of 20 percent of the entire nation's domestic production (1980 - 2000).

8/15/19 9:53 PM
4/22/17
banco -

He is ghadaffi with hair.

Yeah, buying land from a county willing to sell it is how dictators operate. There are some really dumb people on this site, but you're probably top 5. 

8/15/19 9:56 PM
5/10/08
banco - 

He is ghadaffi with hair.

Dude... that ain't his real hair:

8/15/19 9:57 PM
1/11/06
Sprawl'n'Stall -
pendejopresident - 

With his love of destroying national parks and general disregard for the environment I don't see how this could go wrong

I certainly lean "right" in politics, and hate the mainstream media for their unrelenting Trump bashing, bias, lies, identity politics and on and on, but THIS is spot on. He has been awful when it comes to the environment. Who cares about more profits for a few if it destroys everything for the rest of us? à

That's the problem with the stupid constant Trump bashing, you can't criticize him for some legit specific points.

Not sure what you mean by that. The EPA rules and enforcement at the regional level are still the same. EPA size is about the same. The clean air act is still in place. Superfund clean ups are still cleaning up. He’s just made EPA act more efficiently.

8/15/19 9:59 PM
5/10/08
androb - 

I wonder if the people who are against this purchase would also be against the purchase of Alaska way back when?

(or if they even knew or thought about it)

i wonder if Russia would have a do-over on that one lol

alaska only accounts for 20% of the USA gdp. 

I wonder how much oil / gas / metals are under Greenland. 

Alaska's oil and gas industry has produced more than 17 billion barrels of oiland six billion cubic feet of natural gas, accounting for an average of 20 percent of the entire nation's domestic production (1980 - 2000).

This is a fair point...

Everybody thought the Louisiana Purchase and the Alaska purchase were retarded.

The Alaska Purchase was called "Seward's Folly"

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/sewards-folly

https://www.history.com/news/why-the-purchase-of-alaska-was-far-from-folly

8/15/19 9:59 PM
8/23/11
Sprawl'n'Stall -
pendejopresident - 

Can you point to specific policies that trump has signed that would be “awful” for the environment. 

Or is this just what you believe because the msm and social media tell you to

8/15/19 10:02 PM
12/2/05

You guys would be calling out Seward for Alaska too. Totally didn't work out right. 

8/15/19 10:02 PM
12/29/18

It’s probably more of a national security issue regarding Russia 

8/15/19 10:10 PM
3/24/02

I wonder how trump fanatics would react to this

"We should look into purchasing greenland" - Barack Obama

8/15/19 10:13 PM
11/9/05

Alaska isn’t a comparable situation. It was largely unexplored at the time, and adjusted to inflation still only cost around 100mil in today’s money. The value turned out to be fucking absurd.

We wouldn’t sniff that kind of price tag purchasing Greenland, and the island isn’t some treasured mystery. 80% is covered under the second largest ice sheet on Earth, with the majority of the remaining land consisting of permafrost.

But yeah, I guess the trillions it would cost could provide some excellent Walrus hunting.

8/15/19 10:28 PM
4/24/12

hahaha

8/15/19 10:32 PM
7/15/11

Buy that bitch and send all these liberal pussies there. They’re away from Trump and we’re rid of them.

WIN/WIN

8/15/19 10:33 PM
11/28/09
Pratty -

That’s senility 

It’s actually not that far fetched of an idea.

8/15/19 10:36 PM
8/23/11
itskrisdude -

Alaska isn’t a comparable situation. It was largely unexplored at the time, and adjusted to inflation still only cost around 100mil in today’s money. The value turned out to be fucking absurd.

We wouldn’t sniff that kind of price tag purchasing Greenland, and the island isn’t some treasured mystery. 80% is covered under the second largest ice sheet on Earth, with the majority of the remaining land consisting of permafrost.

But yeah, I guess the trillions it would cost could provide some excellent Walrus hunting.

Greenland—the world's largest island—could contain as much as 17.53 billion barrels of crude as well as 148.21 trillion cu ft of natural gas.Oct 30, 2018

8/15/19 10:47 PM
11/9/05
androb -
itskrisdude -

Greenland—the world's largest island—could contain as much as 17.53 billion barrels of crude as well as 148.21 trillion cu ft of natural gas.Oct 30, 2018

*could

And the crude oil/gas is believed to be offshore, where Scottish drillers have been working for years now, and oil companies all over the globe have speculated its potential.

This is another reason why it’s not comparable to Alaska. The entire world is aware of the offshore possibilities. You’re not going to stumble across unrealized resources like we did in 1867, and even potential oil/gas control will be incorporated in the price tag. 

8/15/19 10:47 PM
4/24/12
androb -
itskrisdude -

dude i have a great bridge for sale!

never mind this nonsence let's talk business. now the bridge connects brooklyn to the city. It was left to me in a will. I can get it to you dirt cheap!

8/15/19 11:05 PM
5/18/11
Renoslovakia -

Barry would rather just gift 400 mil to terrorists. 

8/15/19 11:07 PM
4/29/09

Will never happen but would be an amazing acquisition, and would cement his legacy.  The democrats would never let him get the win, the idea is already being chastised in the media as if land won’t be priceless one day.  Brilliant idea imo I doubt he came up with it.

8/15/19 11:14 PM
10/17/08
Renoslovakia - 

I would have applauded him for that. You give credit where credit is due.
8/16/19 12:05 AM
1/1/01

Mods, please move to political ground.