OtherGround Forums Pres Trump Wants To Purchase Greenland! MGGA!

8/16/19 12:10 AM
4/15/06

An excellent place to park a missle defense system, baby. Russia will love it

8/16/19 12:23 AM
10/2/12
effertime -

An excellent place to park a missle defense system, baby. Russia will love it

Putin must have told trump to do it. The only reason for it 

8/16/19 12:26 AM
4/11/14

Just like Hitler wanted Lebensraum!

Reeeeeeee

8/16/19 12:35 AM
5/1/16
lionsoul -
androb - 

I wonder if the people who are against this purchase would also be against the purchase of Alaska way back when?

(or if they even knew or thought about it)

i wonder if Russia would have a do-over on that one lol

alaska only accounts for 20% of the USA gdp. 

I wonder how much oil / gas / metals are under Greenland. 

Alaska's oil and gas industry has produced more than 17 billion barrels of oiland six billion cubic feet of natural gas, accounting for an average of 20 percent of the entire nation's domestic production (1980 - 2000).

This is a fair point...

Everybody thought the Louisiana Purchase and the Alaska purchase were retarded.

The Alaska Purchase was called "Seward's Folly"

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/sewards-folly

https://www.history.com/news/why-the-purchase-of-alaska-was-far-from-folly

I seriously just learned a lot . Thank you 

8/16/19 1:08 AM
12/2/05
itskrisdude -
androb -
itskrisdude -

Alaska isn’t a comparable situation. It was largely unexplored at the time, and adjusted to inflation still only cost around 100mil in today’s money. The value turned out to be fucking absurd.

We wouldn’t sniff that kind of price tag purchasing Greenland, and the island isn’t some treasured mystery. 80% is covered under the second largest ice sheet on Earth, with the majority of the remaining land consisting of permafrost.

But yeah, I guess the trillions it would cost could provide some excellent Walrus hunting.

Greenland—the world's largest island—could contain as much as 17.53 billion barrels of crude as well as 148.21 trillion cu ft of natural gas.Oct 30, 2018

*could

And the crude oil/gas is believed to be offshore, where Scottish drillers have been working for years now, and oil companies all over the globe have speculated its potential.

This is another reason why it’s not comparable to Alaska. The entire world is aware of the offshore possibilities. You’re not going to stumble across unrealized resources like we did in 1867, and even potential oil/gas control will be incorporated in the price tag. 

Well it's modern day and people know what's everywhere so I guess there's no more good real estate deals to be made. Time to give it up. 

8/16/19 1:12 AM
11/9/05
Fake Pie -
itskrisdude -
androb -
itskrisdude -

Alaska isn’t a comparable situation. It was largely unexplored at the time, and adjusted to inflation still only cost around 100mil in today’s money. The value turned out to be fucking absurd.

We wouldn’t sniff that kind of price tag purchasing Greenland, and the island isn’t some treasured mystery. 80% is covered under the second largest ice sheet on Earth, with the majority of the remaining land consisting of permafrost.

But yeah, I guess the trillions it would cost could provide some excellent Walrus hunting.

Greenland—the world's largest island—could contain as much as 17.53 billion barrels of crude as well as 148.21 trillion cu ft of natural gas.Oct 30, 2018

*could

And the crude oil/gas is believed to be offshore, where Scottish drillers have been working for years now, and oil companies all over the globe have speculated its potential.

This is another reason why it’s not comparable to Alaska. The entire world is aware of the offshore possibilities. You’re not going to stumble across unrealized resources like we did in 1867, and even potential oil/gas control will be incorporated in the price tag. 

Well it's modern day and people know what's everywhere so I guess there's no more good real estate deals to be made. Time to give it up. 

Saying Alaska is a silly comparison definitely implies all this.

Edited: 8/16/19 1:24 AM
12/2/05
itskrisdude -
Fake Pie -
itskrisdude -
androb -
itskrisdude -

*could

Saying Alaska is a silly comparison definitely implies all this.

Alaska is being used as an example of people being so sure that a deal was stupid. Those folks were just as sure as you too. 

8/16/19 1:27 AM
6/3/09
saglv -

Step 1) Buy large swaths of mostly uninhabited, mostly useless arctic land.

Step 2) Ensure global warning continues unchecked, possibly even accelerate it so that the land you just bought becomes super valuable

Step 3) profit

It's like the '78 Superman plot but with less nukes. Still some nukes, just, less.

Otisburg?  Otisburg?!

Edited: 8/16/19 1:33 AM
11/9/05

Yeah, I’m aware of why it was used.

I wouldn’t call the purchase stupid when we haven’t seen a single detail of a potential deal, and I’ll suspend any long term judgement under the possibility we find an ancient resource buried under a 10,000 foot tall ice sheet that solves the worlds energy problems. 

We’d be rich as fuck if that happens.

8/16/19 1:38 AM
12/2/05
itskrisdude -

I wouldn’t call the purchase stupid when we haven’t seen a single detail of a potential deal, and I’ll suspend any long term judgement under the possibility we find an ancient resource buried under a 10,000 foot tall ice sheet that solves the worlds energy problems. 

Is finding something unexpected the only way real estate deals work out in the positive? 

Edited: 8/16/19 1:40 AM
4/13/12
androb -
vincan469 -

100mill in 1946 couldn't do it.  so maybe 3trillion would make them blink.

Greenland is 23 trillion sq ft. 

So even at a buck a foot it’s $23T

Way cheaper to just invade Denmark.  Might as well take all of Scandinavia and secure a nothern foothold in Europe while were at it 

8/16/19 1:58 AM
11/9/05
Fake Pie -
itskrisdude -

Is finding something unexpected the only way real estate deals work out in the positive? 

lol, Jesus

I’m being a smart-ass because yes, on the surface shelling out trillions and trillions of dollars for a massive ice sheet with a population that couldn’t fill a football stadium and a complex offshore oil/gas dynamic seems silly.

But like I just said, without knowing the details of a deal I wouldn’t pass judgment on a complete hypothetical. Whether or not the purchase seemed financially viable would depend on a ton of variables.

But the unexpected is basically what made the Alaska deal so amazing. Whether it was the Klondike Gold Rush, or oil/gas resources, a lot of the payoff had nothing to do with the original motivations for acquisition. 

So yeah, that unknown ancient resource could definitely prove all doubters fools, and no one should be certain of anything.

8/16/19 1:59 AM
11/9/05
EFM -
androb -
vincan469 -

100mill in 1946 couldn't do it.  so maybe 3trillion would make them blink.

Greenland is 23 trillion sq ft. 

So even at a buck a foot it’s $23T

Way cheaper to just invade Denmark.  Might as well take all of Scandinavia and secure a nothern foothold in Europe while were at it 

lol...

8/16/19 2:09 AM
1/1/01
Sprawl'n'Stall -
pendejopresident - 

With his love of destroying national parks and general disregard for the environment I don't see how this could go wrong

I certainly lean "right" in politics, and hate the mainstream media for their unrelenting Trump bashing, bias, lies, identity politics and on and on, but THIS is spot on. He has been awful when it comes to the environment. Who cares about more profits for a few if it destroys everything for the rest of us? à

That's the problem with the stupid constant Trump bashing, you can't criticize him for some legit specific points.

Here is Trump working on a major environmental problem previous presidents would not address nor did the media.   I am sure it would have changed a few who thinks that Trump hates the environment.  

Trump Signs Legislation To Clean Up Millions Of Tons Of Garbage From The World’s Oceans

U.S. President Donald Trump speaks during signing ceremony at the White House in Washington

REUTERS/Kevvin Lamarque

Daily Caller News Foundation logo

JASON HOPKINSIMMIGRATION AND POLITICS REPORTER

October 11, 20182:52 PM ET

President Donald Trump added his signature to the “Save Our Seas Act” on Thursday, green-lighting an initiative to clean up eight million tons of debris from the planet’s oceans.

“As president I will continue to do everything I can to stop other nations from making our oceans into their landfills. That’s why I’m pleased – very pleased, I must say – to put my signature on this important legislation,” Trump said as he signed the Save Our Seas Act into law at the Oval Office.

8/16/19 2:16 AM
7/27/04
emu67 -
Sprawl'n'Stall -
pendejopresident - 

With his love of destroying national parks and general disregard for the environment I don't see how this could go wrong

I certainly lean "right" in politics, and hate the mainstream media for their unrelenting Trump bashing, bias, lies, identity politics and on and on, but THIS is spot on. He has been awful when it comes to the environment. Who cares about more profits for a few if it destroys everything for the rest of us? à

That's the problem with the stupid constant Trump bashing, you can't criticize him for some legit specific points.

Not sure what you mean by that. The EPA rules and enforcement at the regional level are still the same. EPA size is about the same. The clean air act is still in place. Superfund clean ups are still cleaning up. He’s just made EPA act more efficiently.

I believe you,but if you don't mind,explain how he made the EPA act more efficiently.in detail if possible.this thread has been educational imo.

8/16/19 5:03 AM
1/17/03

People just assume the dumbest negative shit about trump

8/16/19 7:41 AM
6/13/07
pendejopresident - 

Care to back up this bullshit statement?
Edited: 8/16/19 7:47 AM
10/2/12
Ill Portents -
androb - 

I wonder if the people who are against this purchase would also be against the purchase of Alaska way back when?

(or if they even knew or thought about it)

i wonder if Russia would have a do-over on that one lol

alaska only accounts for 20% of the USA gdp. 

I wonder how much oil / gas / metals are under Greenland. 

Alaska's oil and gas industry has produced more than 17 billion barrels of oiland six billion cubic feet of natural gas, accounting for an average of 20 percent of the entire nation's domestic production (1980 - 2000).

This is where Androb suggests that the knowledge widely available then and now are the same, and that Donald Trump personally has more knowledge on how valuable Greenland is than everybody else in the world does in 2019. Because he's always so well-informed. 

Shut up dorcus. 

Edited: 8/16/19 7:54 AM
1/1/01

"It must be an April Fool’s Day joke,” Lars Lokke Rasmussen, who was Denmark’s prime minister until June, said in a tweet. Aaja Larsen, one of Greenland’s two MPs in the Danish parliament, told the Financial Times: “I don’t think it’s a good idea. I say no thank you to Trump.”

There was no official comment on Friday from Denmark’s centre-left government, just as there was no indication from the US as to how serious was Mr Trump’s thinking, which was first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

Soren Espersen, foreign affairs spokesman of the right-wing Danish People’s party, told state broadcaster DR: “If it’s true that he is working on these thoughts, then it’s definite proof that he’s gone crazy. I must say it as it is: the idea that Denmark should sell 50,000 citizens to the US is completely insane.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/donald-trump-s-interest-in-buying-greenland-stuns-danish-1.3988197%3fmode=amp

8/16/19 8:00 AM
2/4/07
Renoslovakia - 

I wonder how trump fanatics would react to this

"We should look into purchasing greenland" - Barack Obama

I'd have thought it was great. I would also approved of him laying claim to Antarctica and the Moon.
8/16/19 8:30 AM
8/23/11
itskrisdude -
androb -
itskrisdude -

*could

Lol - it was not even 20 years ago that oil was running out. Yet here we are 2019 and they are still finding oil and gas reserves in the USA that will keep pumping for 100 years. 

But ya. They have it all figured out 

Edited: 8/16/19 8:47 AM
4/24/12
androb -
itskrisdude -
androb -
itskrisdude -

*could

Lol - it was not even 20 years ago that oil was running out. Yet here we are 2019 and they are still finding oil and gas reserves in the USA that will keep pumping for 100 years. 

But ya. They have it all figured out 

It's true nothing is figured out with that 10/10. This is identified as "speculation". It would be better to release the zero point energy that has been suppressed for decades so the golbalists can stay in power........

So let Trump do what Eisenhower did instead please, threaten to invade the secret military bases! Or do you really think we're no further along with energy than we were 80 years ago ffs?

Eisenhower threatened to invade Area 51 former US Congress members hear testimony

"We called the people in from MJ-12, from Area 51 and S-4, but they told us that the government had no jurisdiction over what they were doing…. I want you and your boss to fly out there. I want you to give them a personal message…. I want you to tell them, whoever is in charge, I want you to tell them that they have this coming week to get into Washington and to report to me. And if they don’t, I’m going to get the First Army from Colorado. we are going to go over and take the base over. I don’t care what kind of classified material you got. We are going to rip this thing apart.”

https://www.exopolitics.org/eisenhower-threatened-to-invade-area-51-former-us-congress-members-hear-testimony/

Greenland fixed? I can't man.

OK I was BSing only, look guys I got this bridge, it's a fuckin nice bridge, you all can't get bid together to buy it? It's in greenland!

8/16/19 8:58 AM
12/1/05

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-arctic-greenland/greenlands-courting-of-china-for-airport-projects-worries-denmark-idUSKBN1GY25Y

Greenland's courting of China for airport projects worries Denmark

COPENHAGEN/BEIJING (Reuters) - Greenland is courting Chinese investors and construction companies to help expand three airports, raising concern in the Danish government that Chinese involvement could upset its ally, the United States.

Chinese interest in Greenland, a self-ruling part of the Kingdom of Denmark, comes after Beijing in January laid out ambitions to form a “Polar Silk Road” by developing shipping lanes opened up by global warming and encouraging enterprises to build infrastructure in the Arctic. 

During a visit headed by Greenland’s Premier Kim Kielsen to Beijing late last year, the delegation met representatives of engineering and construction company China Communications Construction Co (CCCC) and Beijing Construction Engineering Group (BCEG). 

Now, Chinese construction companies have appeared on a list of 11 companies or consortia that have shown interest in the projects with an estimated cost of 3.6 billion Danish crowns ($595 million), according to Kalaallit Airports, a state-owned company set up to build, own and operate the airports. 

8/16/19 9:10 AM
3/3/07
Erik Apple - 

Hmmm....wonder why...
8/16/19 9:12 AM
3/18/02
Esox - 
Erik Apple - 

Hmmm....wonder why...

its because theyre brainwashed and tribal