OtherGround Forums Pres Trump Wants To Purchase Greenland! MGGA!

Edited: 8/21/19 2:07 PM
11/28/08
MattyECB -
camicom -
Pratty -
Scythrop -
Dirtywhiteboy - 

A: We're not buying Greenland. (It would be pretty great though)

B: China is trying to invest billions in it. You might wanna look into that.

C: Trump might be smart, he just put that issue on the map, if anyone can see past their own noses

Reporter: Mr President, what is your view of the Irish backstop issue in Brexit negotiations? Do you think it will affect US-UK trade relations?

Trump: I think we should wear our underwear on the outside of our pants

The world: lol

The OG: Of course we're not going to do that, but Trump might have a point here. Underwear would get less dirty that way, or if it did get dirty, it would be an easier kind of stain to wash. If you could get past your TDS, you might notice that Trump looks at the big picture.

Good summary of the OG these days

I guess Truman was crazy too right?

I love the fact that Trump torments you clowns on a daily basis.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/its-not-the-first-time-us-has-tried-to-buy-greenland-2019-08-16

It’s not the first time U.S. has tried to buy Greenland

$100 million in gold in 1946 was the Truman administration offer that never came to pass

Yes, because geopolitical considerations, the US' and Denmark's respective economies, and the pricing situation has remained static over the past 80 years. Truman's offer was actually met with consideration, Trump is simply being laughed at, and he looks like a temper tantrum throwing moron to push back a diplomatic visit over what amounts to an economically unrealistic and completely pointless pipe dream. I mean do you jackasses even realize Truman made the offer immediately after WWII when the US had supreme bargaining power in terms of military, economy, and general clout.

Although I don't think Trump is stupid, he knows his base, and he knows the unrealistic and retarded shit that will get them excited. Such as empty offers to purchase gigantic tracts of land that have no feasability or grounding in the either the US' budget or Denmark's interests.

Jerk off to this all you want, but it's not going anywhere.

The Truman era was also a time when a lot of borders were changing very rapidly. Greenland also had a recent history of US administration as the Danish government handed it over to the US to run after being occupied by the Nazis. In the time since then, Greenland has been given more and more self-rule. Greenlanders go back and forth over whether or not they would like to be independent, joining another country would just be odd.

Now we have Republicans falling over each other like idiots to try and drum up a feud with a very friendly NATO ally.

8/21/19 2:46 PM
10/13/09
banco -
camicom -

So Trump floats the idea for military and natural resources acquisition. The PM of Denamrk calls it "absurd" in the media instead of being diplomatic or waiting to talk to Trump. Trump cancels their meeting for the PM being a cunt, and Trump is the bad guy?

More TDS!

It's enjoyable to watch members of the cult defend the cult leader. Have a think about what you are saying: you are outraged on trumps behalf that another leader supposedly wasn't diplomatic enough. 

This x1000.

What if camion has been trolling from the start?my guess is he's a leftist. 

8/21/19 2:52 PM
2/11/03
petzi - 
banco -
camicom -

So Trump floats the idea for military and natural resources acquisition. The PM of Denamrk calls it "absurd" in the media instead of being diplomatic or waiting to talk to Trump. Trump cancels their meeting for the PM being a cunt, and Trump is the bad guy?

More TDS!

It's enjoyable to watch members of the cult defend the cult leader. Have a think about what you are saying: you are outraged on trumps behalf that another leader supposedly wasn't diplomatic enough. 

This x1000.

What if camion has been trolling from the start?my guess is he's a leftist. 

He's the pedro/Ill potents bizarro personality
8/21/19 3:36 PM
6/10/02
camicom -

More TDS!

Sorry, my friend, but even if it would strategically advantageous for the US of A to acquire Greenland, it's not TDS to criticize the way Pres Trump handled this. If he was serious there should have been private communications between our government and Denmark's to determine the feasibility of a deal instead of dropping a public tweet that the Danish leadership can't take seriously and has to respond to with derision lest they be seen as being pushed around by America. Now Trump looks like a petulant child canceling a diplomatic meeting over this and chills the relationship with yet another ally.

You can't criticize the Danish PM for not waiting to privately discuss the matter with Trump and publicly calling the idea absurd when Trump, himself, was the one who first publicly floated the idea without privately discussing it with the Danes.

8/21/19 3:38 PM
1/1/01
oldnslow - 
camicom -

More TDS!

Sorry, my friend, but even if it would strategically advantageous for the US of A to acquire Greenland, it's not TDS to criticize the way Pres Trump handled this. If he was serious there should have been private communications between our government and Denmark's to determine the feasibility of a deal instead of dropping a public tweet that the Danish leadership can't take seriously and has to respond to with derision lest they be seen as being pushed around by America. Now Trump looks like a petulant child canceling a diplomatic meeting over this and chills the relationship with yet another ally.

You can't criticize the Danish PM for not waiting to privately discuss the matter with Trump and publicly calling the idea absurd when Trump, himself, was the one who first publicly floated the idea without privately discussing it with the Danes.

That's a pretty good assessment of the situation.

8/21/19 3:43 PM
1/1/01
oldnslow -
camicom -

More TDS!

Ding!

8/21/19 3:56 PM
1/1/01

8/21/19 4:02 PM
2/13/16

MGGA?

in my head I went MMMMMGAW!

8/21/19 5:41 PM
5/22/05

No doubt Denmark's leader being a woman triggered Trump's misogyny and partly accounts for his reacton.