OtherGround Forums Pretty Woman what a classic

10 days ago
8/26/18

I love the sadness in her eyes. This frailty makes me want to hurt.
10 days ago
2/3/10

I didnt knownwhat hookers were when this movie came out

10 days ago
11/17/10

bullybull, jesus.....lol

10 days ago
8/26/18
In Limbo -

bullybull, jesus.....lol

I spent half a lifetime in the darkness running from shadow to shadow in hopes of 
going undetected, I'm done hiding. Be well. 

10 days ago
8/26/18

10 days ago
4/27/15

That bish has 2 bottom lips....

9 days ago
8/26/18
Black Dougie -

That bish has 2 bottom lips....

Black Dougie of the South. She wasn't perfect but to me that added to the viewing experience. Julia Roberts on her own separated from the role is still very pretty imo but simply isn't my type. She maintains a certain sadness throughout that I really enjoyed. It's funny I think I enjoyed the ending for a likely different reason then most. 

9 days ago
8/26/18

9 days ago
8/26/18

9 days ago
11/23/12

She’s a god damn HOO AH

9 days ago
2/28/03

Costanza was the best part of that movie 

9 days ago
8/26/18

9 days ago
8/26/18

9 days ago
8/26/18

8 days ago
2/8/09

You’d think a business man like Gere was wouldn’t hook up with a street hooker. Fuck her yeah for the night but taking her out of dinner and Polo what the hell was he thinking. 

8 days ago
8/26/18
BRZ -

You’d think a business man like Gere was wouldn’t hook up with a street hooker. Fuck her yeah for the night but taking her out of dinner and Polo what the hell was he thinking. 

Great question. Throughout the movie he shows classic signs of an abuser. He looks to dominate and control. He likely finds it easier to be free of such women when the darker side begins to shine through. Furthermore I'd venture a guess that he simply doesn't get the same satisfaction from a "cleaner" woman. Often this stems from childhood and the persons mother. The pleasure he gets from punishing and abusing the souls of the dammed is unlike that he may find from being with a woman who's untainted and pure. 

As for him bringing her around the polo club and various other seemingly important venues it probably falls under his need for control and domination in all aspects of his life. I'd also like to think it's a tactic to gain control and punish. You must give to someone first in order to truly enjoy taking it from them. The pleasure a predator gets from emotionally abusing someone can often be more rewarding then the physical.

8 days ago
11/17/10

lol bullybull how many prostitutes have you tortured and killed in your life?

8 days ago
2/8/09
bullybull -
BRZ -

Great question. Throughout the movie he shows classic signs of an abuser. He looks to dominate and control. He likely finds it easier to be free of such women when the darker side begins to shine through. Furthermore I'd venture a guess that he simply doesn't get the same satisfaction from a "cleaner" woman. Often this stems from childhood and the persons mother. The pleasure he gets from punishing and abusing the souls of the dammed is unlike that he may find from being with a woman who's untainted and pure. 

As for him bringing her around the polo club and various other seemingly important venues it probably falls under his need for control and domination in all aspects of his life. I'd also like to think it's a tactic to gain control and punish. You must give to someone first in order to truly enjoy taking it from them. The pleasure a predator gets from emotionally abusing someone can often be more rewarding then the physical.

Patrick Bateman is that you?

8 days ago
9/22/16
bullybull - 
BRZ -

I think he also does it to insult all the other trophy wives at those events. Those other broads know the score, and he's rubbing it in their faces.
8 days ago
8/26/18

It's all fun and games till the bullying starts. Now I know how orcus feels. You feel great, good, sharp and then you realize, they aren't laughing with you, they never were. At least a clown has his makeup. Bullies. 

8 days ago
8/26/18
AnthonyWeiner -
bullybull - 
BRZ -

I think he also does it to insult all the other trophy wives at those events. Those other broads know the score, and he's rubbing it in their faces.

It's an absolute power play. Likely he lacked control early on. Possibly a controlling abusive father and the shadow they often cast on the son. The movie really has some cool layers to it. I think people missed the obvious about Mr Gere's character. It's like David Chase said of the sopranos ending "it's all there".

8 days ago
8/26/18

8 days ago
8/26/18

8 days ago
8/26/18

8 days ago
8/26/18