OtherGround Forums Private Investigator asks about ex-GF...

13 days ago
8/20/03

So this week I got a visit at my house from a Private Investigatoir.

As my Wife is medically compromised I told him I was not going to have him in but did speak with him on my back deck physically distanced for a bit,

It seems a girl I dated while in University and saw on and off again after who went into a media job on TV is now running for some political office and was also appointed to another position.

I didn't know this until yesterday though as the guy told me he was doing a background check for someone whom was going to be doing a "biographical write up," he said.

First I asked how he knew me. He said he was informed about our relationship by a person we went to school with he already interviewed.

When I asked him how he found me he said he was a P.I. and he does this for a living. 

Not knowing this guy I didn't say anything but told him that I'd be contacting this person to ask if they were comfortable with me divulging details of our relationship and perhaps she could even zoom or teleconnect with me to ensure any questions asked were details she wouldn't have an issue with me talking about.

This guy was pretty persistant saying that he could only do this now as he had a deadline and that his employer had already cleared this etc etc.

I stuck to my guns and after a good 15 mins of him pushing I finally said it was time for him to go and he tried to get a little authorative about her being a public figure with the public having a right to know about her.

I  asked him why would the public need to know about her for a biographical book?

Then we went all buddy-buddy and he brought up some info that other people who knew about us obviously gave him and tried to say that he knew all sorts of things about our relationship already and just needed confirmation.

It was at that point I said he and I were not friends and again said it was time to go and offered to help him to his car if he needed it.

So I Facebooked my ex and she got back to me yesterday. There is no book, article, etc and it appears someone is trying to dig up dirt on her. 

I gave her the guy's name and contact and left it at that.

13 days ago
3/10/11

Is she gonna fuck your now or was it a waste?

13 days ago
8/20/03
badpvtdan -

Is she gonna fuck your now or was it a waste?

My Wife?

Sure.

I got action this morning!

13 days ago
11/28/09

Weird.

13 days ago
8/11/12

You handled it perfectly, gossiping little bitches can go kick rocks. 

13 days ago
10/13/09

It could be people of her own crew trying to know if they are betting on the right horse. I'm sure they do this kind of investigation all the time on their own people, to make sure there's nothing to sink them when they are in the spotlight.

13 days ago
8/20/03
BonedByPicograms* -

Weird.

It certainly was.

I got a weird feeling the moment this guy started talking because he was smooth and really tried to push for info.

He made it sound like I should be excited to be interviewed for an article the press was writing and wanted as much as I could tell him.

When I declined as I didn't know if she would want it he tried to get all in my face about it as if he had some legal authority and I made it clear that he didn't.

Then he tried to be my best friend and I knew something was up for sure.

My Wife said she was watching from inside the house and that she said I got looking kind of angry for a minute and wasn't sure if something was about to go down.

Tales from the darkside!

13 days ago
1/1/01

You handled that well

13 days ago
8/20/03
Balls Mahoney -

You handled it perfectly, gossiping little bitches can go kick rocks. 

Yeah, I know she's in TV/media and sometimes people doing that sort of thing need privacy.

If she said she wanted me to talk about our previous relationship I would say things I felt comfotable with and she was ok with too.

I didn't know she was making/has made a forray into politics until yesterday.

I don't know why some people love to talk to the media but this guy was sure playing on that.

13 days ago
8/20/03
petzi -

It could be people of her own crew trying to know if they are betting on the right horse. I'm sure they do this kind of investigation all the time on their own people, to make sure there's nothing to sink them when they are in the spotlight.

It's possible.

We had a conversation about it last night.

If it is her own people though, she isn't aware of it.

She was surprised though and thankful that I can keep my mouth shut.

13 days ago
8/20/03
jimmy23 -

You handled that well

I'm an OGer.

We know how to handle our bidness...

13 days ago
5/28/03

thats nuts

13 days ago
10/11/18

So when you say you went buddy buddy...

13 days ago
8/20/03
HELWIG -

thats nuts

I know a lot of stuff and what I know WOULD torpedo her career in politics and would be devestating to her media career too.

But we were kids. It was close to 30 years ago. It was a great relationship and I would not be a decent person to do that to someone.

What consenting adults do is their own business.

13 days ago
6/23/12

Can you tell us the details of your relationship with her? Is she a racist? Any fetishes? I'm also writing an article... 

13 days ago
7/4/09

Good on you man. Sounds like he was using real interrogation techniques discussed on this YouTube channel.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCYwVxWpjeKFWwu8TML-Te9A

Glad you told him to fuck off.

13 days ago
8/20/03
mysteryman -

So when you say you went buddy buddy...

He tried to pretend we were friends and that as friends we should talk because it would help him out and help out my ex for the article/book/whatever.

good cop/bad cop stuff.

13 days ago
8/20/03
RockTheVote -

Can you tell us the details of your relationship with her? Is she a racist? Any fetishes? I'm also writing an article... 

I told you to get off my property!

13 days ago
3/19/04

I would have started by asking you if it’s true that many people think you look like George Clooney and then followed that up by asking you about some of your favorite sailing experiences. You’d have been putty in my hands after that.

13 days ago
8/20/03
Argonaut -

Good on you man. Sounds like he was using real interrogation techniques discussed on this YouTube channel.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCYwVxWpjeKFWwu8TML-Te9A

Glad you told him to fuck off.

He was pretty smooth but my OG skillz were too much for him.

13 days ago
8/20/03
Canooke -

I would have started by asking you if it’s true that many people think you look like George Clooney and then followed that up by asking you about some of your favorite sailing experiences. You’d have been putty in my hands after that.

D@MN!

...you're evil!

13 days ago
3/13/18

Handled very well. Much better than most would. 

see- things like this are why you used to be such a big deal on fb. If you really had the looks of clooney, you’d be a supa star!

13 days ago
1/1/01

This dude sounds like he'd move to Miami to work for Rice-a-Roni after they decided to change their image.

13 days ago
6/30/07
Captain Canuck -
HELWIG -

thats nuts

I know a lot of stuff and what I know WOULD torpedo her career in politics and would be devestating to her media career too.

But we were kids. It was close to 30 years ago. It was a great relationship and I would not be a decent person to do that to someone.

What consenting adults do is their own business.

So, butt stuff?

13 days ago
8/20/03
The_Pundits_Ghost -

Handled very well. Much better than most would. 

see- things like this are why you used to be such a big deal on fb. If you really had the looks of clooney, you’d be a supa star!

Well, I am a big deal on teh Facebook.

She and I have spoke in the past and I have said that I will not talk about "us" from the past because of her media career.

So I am always sort of on guard with this kind of stuff but this was the most serious inquest into our previous relationship.