OtherGround Forums Purchased a new gun today.

13 days ago
6/3/03

My local shop was having a blow out sale to make room for inventory. Went down to see if they had something in 308 but by the time I got down there they had a run on basically everything in the shop, so unless I wanted a Mossberg Shockwave I was basically shit out of luck and I was there early. 

So I asked what they had as far as revolvers. Showed me a few that I didn’t like and I was like meh. Dude says to me “You know, I have something in the safe, it’s quirky but has some history to it”. Made me intrigued. 

Dude comes back with a service revolver. Says the guy just passed and the wife brought it in. He said he showed it to a few people but they didn’t like it because of the custom grip with the saint Michael pendant in it. I thought it looked badass. Original price $370 but Dude gave it to me for $250, which was a fucking steal. 

God damn I love America.

13 days ago
6/13/03

Fuck yeah. I love old S&W. Any idea what year it is?

Congrats

Edited: 13 days ago
1/1/01

Cool.

"Michael the Archangel is the patron saint of grocers, mariners, paratroopers, police officers, and military personnel."

How did grocers make that list?^

13 days ago
6/3/03
Sogsteel -

Fuck yeah. I love old S&W. Any idea what year it is?

Congrats

According to the info on this page between 63-65. 

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/common-s-w-identifying-features.356710/

13 days ago
2/22/13

Very nice

12 days ago
6/23/12

12 days ago
6/23/12
RockTheVote -

Nice! See if you can contact the seller. She might have cool stories?

Just built my AR10 ??

12 days ago
1/1/01
FatChrist Magic -

Cool.

"Michael the Archangel is the patron saint of grocers, mariners, paratroopers, police officers, and military personnel."

Well they were essential personnel during the pandemic. 

Nice find OP, I like it 

12 days ago
12/29/09

Love old S&W and Ruger revolvers. 

12 days ago
4/17/15
FatChrist Magic -

Cool.

You been to a grocery store and watched these idiots fight over toilet paper. It's war. 

12 days ago
1/1/01

Sounds like a good deal on a cool old revolver. Good for you.

I do find that pendant kind of off putting though.

Personally I would find a way to replace the grips even if I had to make them from scratch. But it is yours not mine, so my opinion means fuck-all.

Enjoy your new toy! A nice piece of history.

12 days ago
11/15/04

I’m not a fan of revolvers but the St Michael pendant would be a good enough reason for me to buy it

12 days ago
6/3/03
LiveWire -

I’m not a fan of revolvers but the St Michael pendant would be a good enough reason for me to buy it

It’s my first revolver. 

Im still gonna get a 686, and would have gotten it today if they had one as I’m sure I could have scored one at a ridiculous discount, however I’m really happy with the purchase. The pendant made it a very unique pistol and I’m definitely going to keep the grips as is. 

Only thing I might do is restore the bluing but other than that I’m not changing a thing. 

12 days ago
11/15/04

686? I’ll have to look it up. 

Actually the Rhino is pretty badass looking come to think of it.