OtherGround Forums RESERVE 3 CHARACTERS FOR CLASSIC WoW NOWWWWW

Edited: 8/18/19 11:21 AM
5/13/02

LOL, Squatdog, that's funny. That'll definitely do it.

What are you thinking about rolling, and are you picking a US server?

8/18/19 11:26 AM
5/13/02
Dutchemperor86 - 

Must resist..  i threw a full year of my life away with WOW. Did absolutely nothing else other then playing that shit.

...and on the 8th day, god created calendars with reminders. Verily I say unto you, if thou wilst set thy alarmestnest for thy bosom, be thy ready, for the day is nigh when the call will be made, and ye shall respond. For if thou not respondeth, a curse upon thee and thy kin; for one is sloth, the other common. 

8/18/19 1:44 PM
11/11/14

Everquest had a much better community than WoW when WoW was released. WoW was mostly kids coming in from other Blizzard games. That being said, I probably wasted just as many hours playing WoW as EQ

8/18/19 1:47 PM
10/21/14
Gonna roll a druid to gank with Homie style. Either going Horde on Grobbulus or Alliance on Whitemane. Depends where my boy Billyzane goes.
8/18/19 1:48 PM
10/21/14
TFK_TempestPrime15 - 

Horde-Herod Server. 

OP, you know you picked an RP server right?

Herod is gonna be a disaster. Most populated realm so far. Long queues.

RP/PvP are the best world PvP servers.
8/18/19 1:51 PM
10/21/14
WikiTheWalrus - 

Everyone excited about classic WoW either never played it or forgot how bad it was. 

WoW Classic was awesome. More about being an actual RPG and MMO then just a gear grind. World PvP was actually a thing. Old school PvP ranks. Prime ganking. Classic is gonna be the shit.
8/18/19 2:08 PM
1/23/06
Stea1th - 

There would be no way for me to play this game as an adult, classic wow required sooooo much time in front of the PC. 

WoW was a fun game, but it was way to much time to actually progress. Thinking back, spending 5 hours doing a raid with 40+ people is pretty insane.....

Even if you just did PVP battlegrounds it still requires a crazy amount of time to progress and get those rank level gear rewards weekly. 

I will say; I don’t think any game has given me that same feeling of size for a world game that wow did..

i remeber loading up for the first time and just being amazed how big the levels were and the frustration of getting ganked by a level 60.

100 percent thia. I was a known PVP player for one season and that was fun. Raiding Lich King and all these hard mode raids Ulduar etc good memories.
Edited: 8/18/19 2:41 PM
5/13/02
JuevosConSal - This thread has peaked my interest.

Can we all roll on the same server, same side? I vote all Horde, pick a server, just make sure its PVP (or RPPVP lol).

OK, so obviously same faction would be cool but I think it's likely not to happen. So, I'm not so much against us all different factions, but same server would be awesome. I think it would lead to some cool rivalry, as well as the possiblity for some cartel type shit across factions, which I'm not sure is against the TOS or not. But I'd be happy to do favors like killing some annoying asshole on your side in return for same on mine.  Likewise, I'd be happy to sit in Redridge, for example, and capture screen shots for Tumbleweed so he can see the delicious tears in Alliance general cat for his murder spree.

So I'm 100% going Alliance on Whitemane because I just have too much of a good thing going on to leave. I already did the Tard Charger "I don't wanna raid, takes too long, I just wanna gank" thing in vanilla and it just turned into me getting bored w/ having shit gear, wanting better gear, and a guild full of rogues and hunters trying to run 5s. Not interested, especially when a guild can clear the first set of raids in 1 afternoon which is less time than the Tard Chargers spent trying to clear LBRS for fucks sakes. Certainly less time than I spent grinding Rank 10, which the gear isn't not even worth the time. Hunter for example, you can get T1 clearing first set of raids in a few months spending an afternoon a week on it, versus grinding nonstop for ranks. Anyway,  I get the love for the Horde too, so I'm not talking shit even though I talk shit...lol

I reserved a name on Grobbulus for an alt on the horde, but I seriously doubt I'm going to get on that a lot. I just really want 1 toon instead of wasting time on 1000 alts like I did when I didn't know better. Less time spent on it too for weeks I just have to raid log.

It looks like Horde is going to be the majority on every PvP server, which I'm not terrbly interested in making tip the balance even worse. Yeah, it will feel good to push Alliance back into their cities, but after that they won't engage and you'll be bored as fuck.  If you doubt what I'm saying, look at the streamers who were BEGGING people to play alliance because they were so fucking bored. Even though I got the shit beat out of me by an overpopulated Alliance back in 2005-6 on my Horde toons, it always felt better being the underdog in a target rich environment.

Not saying you should agree with me, but at least consider what I'm saying.

8/18/19 5:44 PM
1/1/01
theseanster - 

LOL, Squatdog, that's funny. That'll definitely do it.

What are you thinking about rolling, and are you picking a US server?

Oceania PVP server.

Can't bring myself to roll gimp druid. Looking at Taurean shaman or orc lock.

The name 'Skill Coil' was already taken.
8/18/19 5:54 PM
5/13/02

Solid.  Hard not to go Orc for anything. Base 5% stun resist plus 25%.   Warstomp saved me a few times as tauren but Orc stun resistance is just plain retarded.

8/18/19 6:16 PM
5/23/12

Can I play with you guys?

8/18/19 6:27 PM
2/22/11
CloudStrife -

If they released a BC version I would prob give it a shot again. Classic WoW is just way too much of a time sink unfortunately. 

Yes! 

8/18/19 9:31 PM
2/14/08

I'm torn if I should try.  Lost so much time off my life last time.  Hell of a drug

8/18/19 9:35 PM
12/6/14
JiuJitsuHeyZeus -

Is it free if I've bought the game and all the expansions? If not they can suck my dickkkkk

I rescind this. You apparently just need a sub according to pcgamer.. Im in god fucking dammit!!! Gladiator Celdagram is fucking in! 

8/18/19 9:46 PM
12/2/11

So excited for this. These new age hand holding mmos where everyone is max level just don't do it for me. Wow classic has my needle moving. 

8/18/19 10:58 PM
9/18/13

No way I'll ever get back into it, wasted too many years of my life already on it. But enjoy! Wish I had that kind of time.

Edited: 8/19/19 12:05 AM
2/6/15

Any mention of Ultima Online in this thread?

8/19/19 1:00 AM
10/21/14
ChokeHisAss - 

No way I'll ever get back into it, wasted too many years of my life already on it. But enjoy! Wish I had that kind of time.

i don't have much time myself with work and family. i think a lot of folks are thinking they have more time then they have. i'm looking forward to leveling mostly. it was a pure leveling experience. took time. felt like an accomplishment. lots of random stuff happening on the journey in world pvp. something to work away at for a few hours here and there when you can.

but i know i won't have any time to raid or stuff like that at 60. my gear will be meh and that's cool. i'd like to think i could get rank 10 when honor and BG's come in later on, but I got a busy year coming up and know i won't be able to put in a solid effort.

but shit am i excited to start leveling and working on profs and ganking and getting ganked. that's WoW Classic for me.
8/19/19 1:17 AM
1/1/01
Logged into main WoW for the first time in ten years. Seeing my old characters in their meticulously min-maxed gear was like attending a highschool reunion.

Holy shit, everything is dumbed down to the absolute nth degree. Most of the stats have been removed from the game
8/19/19 7:04 AM
5/19/17
theseanster -
Dutchemperor86 - 

Must resist..  i threw a full year of my life away with WOW. Did absolutely nothing else other then playing that shit.

...and on the 8th day, god created calendars with reminders. Verily I say unto you, if thou wilst set thy alarmestnest for thy bosom, be thy ready, for the day is nigh when the call will be made, and ye shall respond. For if thou not respondeth, a curse upon thee and thy kin; for one is sloth, the other common. 

Lol. I don't even have a computer so im good. 

8/19/19 8:00 AM
11/23/07
FETT_Loadin76_TFK -

Gimme classic Everquest wanna storm castle mistmoore again 

that's also available

8/19/19 8:07 AM
5/23/12

I am going to make the same toon I used for my first pvp character,  a warlock. My fondest memories of the game are casting that summon spell that randomly killed a party member but summoned a gigantic kick ass demon. We would creep up on a low level town and send it in to fuck shit up, then we would kill the players who ran out of town to avoid it. 

That and having the whole guild camp those docks where you could jump on and off of the docked ships and the guards would not go on the ships, so eveyone would hide in the ship until a boat docked bringing players in from somewhere else and then we would swarm them, kill them all, and hop back on the docked boat to avoid the guards. 

8/19/19 8:25 AM
2/22/11

I have a feeling this community for the game won’t last long. It’s like that new exciting WoW expansion and then the nostalgia fades after a few weeks.

So what’s next I guess, a revised BC edition and then eventually do the rest of the expansion packs lol? Easy win for blizzard 

I would play but don’t have time 

8/19/19 8:26 AM
2/22/11
Passive Jay -

I am going to make the same toon I used for my first pvp character,  a warlock. My fondest memories of the game are casting that summon spell that randomly killed a party member but summoned a gigantic kick ass demon. We would creep up on a low level town and send it in to fuck shit up, then we would kill the players who ran out of town to avoid it. 

That and having the whole guild camp those docks where you could jump on and off of the docked ships and the guards would not go on the ships, so eveyone would hide in the ship until a boat docked bringing players in from somewhere else and then we would swarm them, kill them all, and hop back on the docked boat to avoid the guards. 

MC people off the boat via shadow priest lol 

8/19/19 9:05 AM
5/23/12
HernanCortes -
Passive Jay -

MC people off the boat via shadow priest lol 

most of us had that mask that made you look like a pirate for added hilarity.