OtherGround Forums RESERVE 3 CHARACTERS FOR CLASSIC WoW NOWWWWW

8/19/19 9:09 AM
5/23/12
Jinton Quackson -
FETT_Loadin76_TFK -

Gimme classic Everquest wanna storm castle mistmoore again 

that's also available

I think my favorite pre planes of power raid was the Avatar of War raid in Kael.. um drac something? The frost giant/storm giant city.

8/19/19 9:12 AM
2/22/11
Passive Jay -
HernanCortes -
Passive Jay -

I am going to make the same toon I used for my first pvp character,  a warlock. My fondest memories of the game are casting that summon spell that randomly killed a party member but summoned a gigantic kick ass demon. We would creep up on a low level town and send it in to fuck shit up, then we would kill the players who ran out of town to avoid it. 

That and having the whole guild camp those docks where you could jump on and off of the docked ships and the guards would not go on the ships, so eveyone would hide in the ship until a boat docked bringing players in from somewhere else and then we would swarm them, kill them all, and hop back on the docked boat to avoid the guards. 

MC people off the boat via shadow priest lol 

most of us had that mask that made you look like a pirate for added hilarity. 

The one from STV or wherever that pirate place is lol. I never had the time to grind for that much rep, but it is funny to see people do that 

8/19/19 9:13 AM
5/23/12

is there one server picked yet for us to congregate on yet?

8/19/19 9:17 AM
1/2/15
Stea1th -

There would be no way for me to play this game as an adult, classic wow required sooooo much time in front of the PC. 

WoW was a fun game, but it was way to much time to actually progress. Thinking back, spending 5 hours doing a raid with 40+ people is pretty insane.....

Even if you just did PVP battlegrounds it still requires a crazy amount of time to progress and get those rank level gear rewards weekly. 

I will say; I don’t think any game has given me that same feeling of size for a world game that wow did..

i remeber loading up for the first time and just being amazed how big the levels were and the frustration of getting ganked by a level 60.

you must have played after molten core then. 

world PvP was the shit. 

8/19/19 9:53 AM
5/13/02
Squatdog - Logged into main WoW for the first time in ten years. Seeing my old characters in their meticulously min-maxed gear was like attending a highschool reunion.

Holy shit, everything is dumbed down to the absolute nth degree. Most of the stats have been removed from the game

It's UNPLAYABLE. I log in and log right back out. It's a tardfest.

8/19/19 11:01 AM
12/4/06
Roll Horde on Grobbulus its officially the official OG server...
8/19/19 11:59 AM
2/17/11

I'm tempted to try it again.  I think like someone else said, the nostalgia will wear off (for me) fairly quickly.  As much as I miss the older days of WoW compaired to what it is now, I don't really want to go back and replay stuff I already did.

8/19/19 12:19 PM
5/23/12
Aiderbooze -

I'm tempted to try it again.  I think like someone else said, the nostalgia will wear off (for me) fairly quickly.  As much as I miss the older days of WoW compaired to what it is now, I don't really want to go back and replay stuff I already did.

the attraction for me would be playing with other OGers. If we can not get a group together I would lose interest.

8/19/19 12:23 PM
12/4/06
Aiderbooze - 

Ya i wouldn't comeback for the raiding...you comeback for the pvp
8/19/19 2:09 PM
5/23/12
billyzane - Roll Horde on Grobbulus its officially the official OG server...

i dont want to be on a RP server. anyone have issues with going with Atiesh? pvp medium pop?

8/19/19 2:32 PM
5/13/02

Anyone who’s played WoW with me knows I’ll still be here in during all of the phases, so if you want a consistent track record of having someone to group with - roll Alliance on Whitemane. Be the underdog in a target rich environment. We have Paladins!

* cough cough Danjerboy cough cough *

Edited: 8/19/19 2:35 PM
5/13/02
billyzane -
Aiderbooze - 

You raid for the PvP gear or you get wrecked.

Ranking to 10 is FAR more hours than getting your T1 ....by far boys. Trust me, done both

NO BGs UNTIL PHASE 3

8/19/19 2:40 PM
10/21/14
Passive Jay - 

i dont want to be on a RP server. anyone have issues with going with Atiesh? pvp medium pop?

Atiesh is a PvE realm.
8/19/19 2:43 PM
12/4/06
theseanster - 
billyzane -
Aiderbooze - 

You raid for the PvP gear or you get wrecked.

Ranking to 10 is FAR more hours than getting your T1 ....by far boys. Trust me, done both

NO BGs UNTIL PHASE 3

I meant from what ive read most people arent coming back to classic wow for the PVE content...most are doing it for the leveling exp and the world pvp. Not saying people wont run end game raids but its not whats drawing most people back to play the game.
8/19/19 2:54 PM
5/13/02

Yeah. PvP is raw and beautiful in Classic for sure

8/19/19 3:18 PM
5/23/12
tumbleweed -
Passive Jay - 

Atiesh is a PvE realm.

I thought it said pvp whatever medium population PVP server it was

8/19/19 3:26 PM
1/1/01
My son was excited. One of the names he got was "Holy Paladin" or something of the sort.
8/19/19 4:11 PM
10/21/14
Passive Jay - 
tumbleweed -
Passive Jay - 

Atiesh is a PvE realm.

It's PvE. Gonna stick with Grobbulus. Got another pal going there and southcraw is playing there. Plus RP/PvP realms have good World PvP, which will be important early on.
8/19/19 4:14 PM
8/14/15
Uh oh, I am on Grobbulus but for the Alliance.
Edited: 8/19/19 4:24 PM
1/18/06
Passive Jay - 
Jinton Quackson -
FETT_Loadin76_TFK -

that's also available

I think my favorite pre planes of power raid was the Avatar of War raid in Kael.. um drac something? The frost giant/storm giant city.

Avatar of War in Kael Drakkel was released with the 2nd expansion, Scars of Velious which was 2 years prior to Planes of Power.

(I was a dev on EQ and EQ2)

8/19/19 4:25 PM
5/23/12
TheVandalz -
Passive Jay - 
Jinton Quackson -
FETT_Loadin76_TFK -

that's also available

Avatar of War in Kael Drakkel was released with the 2nd expansion, Scars of Velious which was 2 years prior to Planes of Power.

(I was a dev on EQ and EQ2)

yes sir, but wasnt it the 3rd expansion? Kunark was the second I believe.

8/19/19 4:27 PM
5/23/12
tumbleweed -
Passive Jay - 
tumbleweed -
Passive Jay - 

Atiesh is a PvE realm.

It's PvE. Gonna stick with Grobbulus. Got another pal going there and southcraw is playing there. Plus RP/PvP realms have good World PvP, which will be important early on.

well if there are two confirmed OGers there I will join. can always switch if a bunch of OGers do a different realm. 

8/19/19 5:38 PM
5/19/10

I Can make an alliance on Grob too... had a horde on Herod but thats gonna be MAXED out with people...

Edited: 8/19/19 5:58 PM
11/30/07

Fix, your fucking app. Jesus. 

Rixtyminutes and mortyniterun on whitemane. Come get some, bitch. 

8/19/19 5:40 PM
1/1/01
theseanster -

Anyone who’s played WoW with me knows I’ll still be here in during all of the phases, so if you want a consistent track record of having someone to group with - roll Alliance on Whitemane. Be the underdog in a target rich environment. We have Paladins!

* cough cough Danjerboy cough cough *

Ill be there. Do i need to go ahead and resubscribe?