OtherGround Forums RIP Jesse- He was a good llama

9/18/20 4:24 PM
6/30/07
supersonic - Mountain, your story makes me want to get one someday. I've always liked them and would like to go on a long trek with one.

Gotta get 2. They are here animals and can go nuts solo.

9/18/20 4:34 PM
6/30/07
Barbasol -

Hope you have a back hoe

Uggh..... There's a ton of granite here. Just trying to run a straight fencline on my property is an exercise in being flexible. Big hole wasn't going to happen without tearing up the land 3-4 times.

My vet told me about a lady that has a pet composting operation. I'd never heard of such a thing but my other options were tossing his carcass into the landfill next to the beer cans and pampers or quartering him up so the vet would cremate him.

We strapped him to the bucket on my neighbors little tractor and put him in my truck and I took him out to the lady's property. She charged me $60.

WARNING, THIS IS GROSS-

Poor bastard..... I had to wait about 90 minutes after we put him down for my neighbor to be free to help me load up his body. We had taken the other llamas out and tied em up to the trees behind our house so they couldn't see what was going on. They are smart and have long memories.... Anyway, I had him covered with a tarp and was just waiting for my neighbor to get free. When I went back down to the pasture something had already eaten one of Jesse's ears off. That kind of fucked me up for a minute. Very rude.

9/18/20 4:37 PM
6/30/07
iclimb513 - He looks nice. What was his name again? Dolly?

RIP Dolly Llama

My buddy had Dolly Llama, Osama Bin Llama, and Obama Llama, lol. Osama is the llama that I ate some of.

9/18/20 4:40 PM
6/30/07
southcraw -

Never really knew llamas, like doggos, could be guhboiz. RIP

Looks like a red kettle bell in the first pic. Was he a liftin that shit and flexin’ on bishes? Do you only have male lammas?

That was a horse toy, yeah basically a 5lb rubber kettle bell. They'd toss it around sometimes. There's also a giant gray balance ball out there that they push around. They're smart and need stuff to do or they start planning a breakout.

9/18/20 4:43 PM
4/18/01

And now his Watch has ended.

RIP Jesse

9/18/20 4:44 PM
2/12/14

do yall have grizz? what is that matchup look like. do they band together and fight? 

can you leave them alone in camp? do black bears fuck with them?

always wanted some, that or pack goats. Im a lazy backpacker. 

9/18/20 5:08 PM
6/30/07
John Cable -

do yall have grizz? what is that matchup look like. do they band together and fight? 

Bears REALLY don't like llamas, will actively avoid.

We have bears (black and brown), mtn lion, and a wolf will stray through lately. I mostly worry about big cats, never bears.

You leave them in camp. Tie them out on one of those big metal corkscrew things people use for dogs. They will happily graze/browse all day. Just got to move them every 24 so they have fresh browse. They are camelids so they get alot of their water from their food and can go 3 days w/o water. It's nice for hunting because I don't have to camp on water for them and they can carry my water, so I can pretty much stay mobile and only have to worry about water every couple days. I carry some collapsible water jugs so I can high camp and just take one down to water and fill his pack bags with water jugs.

9/18/20 5:11 PM
1/1/01

RIP Jesse.  I lost a horse this year, it sucked, but at least the buzzards were happy.  

9/18/20 5:15 PM
6/30/07
Cire -

RIP Jesse.  I lost a horse this year, it sucked, but at least the buzzards were happy.  

Its alot to deal with, isn't it. No way to be "respectful" when you are trying to move that much dead meat.

Edited: 9/18/20 6:17 PM
1/1/01
Mountain Medic -
Cire -

Its alot to deal with, isn't it. No way to be "respectful" when you are trying to move that much dead meat.

I understand, it seriously sucked dragging him down to our back pasture.  

9/18/20 6:23 PM
6/3/03

Many years after the overthrow of Wilson, a rebel soldier crouching
High on a hilltop above the war torn forests of Gamehendge spots a
Group of loyalists approaching from their lakeside encampment below

His trusty llama stands beside him, loaded down with a canvas pack
That holds two large bazooka type guns to the animal's sides 
Near the man sits a cache of blastoplast, each capable of destroying the entire
Hillside in an instant)

Sunrise over the turquoise mountains
Messenger birds in sight
They came up through the valley
Both sides at a time
Through the cold steady rain
Raid!
I bend down
Poke a double decker on a llama
Taboot
Llama, Taboot Taboot
Trigger a blastoplast, ramshackle laker recedes
I start to run
It was the loudest thing I'd ever heard
And I knew my time had come
To enter the delta

Leave it on press
Leave it on press
Depress, Depress
Llama, Taboot Taboot
Leave it on press
Depress, Depress
Llama, Taboot Taboot

Llama, Taboot Taboot
Llama, Taboot Taboot
Taboot Taboot
Taboot Taboot
Taboot

9/18/20 6:27 PM
11/21/05

RIP JESSE!!! Immoralized in alcohol-based marker and india ink. ;)

9/18/20 6:33 PM
2/12/14
Mountain Medic -
John Cable -

Bears REALLY don't like llamas, will actively avoid.

We have bears (black and brown), mtn lion, and a wolf will stray through lately. I mostly worry about big cats, never bears.

You leave them in camp. Tie them out on one of those big metal corkscrew things people use for dogs. They will happily graze/browse all day. Just got to move them every 24 so they have fresh browse. They are camelids so they get alot of their water from their food and can go 3 days w/o water. It's nice for hunting because I don't have to camp on water for them and they can carry my water, so I can pretty much stay mobile and only have to worry about water every couple days. I carry some collapsible water jugs so I can high camp and just take one down to water and fill his pack bags with water jugs.

really nice. 

9/18/20 6:35 PM
3/19/04
Mountain Medic - 

See you soon buddy

He's a handsome fella. I bet he knew it too. RIP.

9/18/20 7:09 PM
2/13/16

I love Lammas.  

RIP Jesse.

9/18/20 7:25 PM
6/30/07
dhughes -

RIP JESSE!!! Immoralized in alcohol-based marker and india ink. ;)

Hangs proudly on my wall!

9/18/20 7:28 PM
6/30/07

By the way, all you guys are the best.

Thanks for making a weird day a little better.

Fuck the OG!

9/18/20 7:58 PM
6/3/03
Mountain Medic -

By the way, all you guys are the best.

Thanks for making a weird day a little better.

Fuck the OG!

Best wishes bro. 

9/18/20 8:25 PM
2/22/13

Sorry for your loss MM.  RIP Jesse.  I can’t help but hear Herbert every time Jesse is said.

9/18/20 8:34 PM
6/26/17

Im going to get absolutely wasted tonight in honor of Jesse

9/18/20 8:41 PM
1/1/01
BTW, MM do you have other llamas currently?
9/18/20 8:48 PM
1/1/01
Cool animal he looked like a character !

Rip
9/18/20 8:53 PM
6/30/07
shen - BTW, MM do you have other llamas currently?

Still have 3. One asshole, one pretty sweet boy, and one that just goes along to get along.

9/18/20 8:57 PM
6/30/07

9/18/20 9:09 PM
4/24/07
I'm sorry MM. You will find someone new. There is a special person.... err Llama for us all.