OtherGround Forums RIP Tough RBG! Republicans Must Fill The Seat!

9/18/20 9:05 PM
4/24/07
The Adversary - 

They won’t.

Republicants will play by the rules and lose again, as usual. 

Say what you will about the Left, but they’re serious about winning. The Right is content just to not lose, sometimes. They don’t understand offense. 

Serious about winning? They ran Hillary Clinton and if that wasn't bad enough they ran Joe Biden who doesn't even know where he is or who he is half the time. They backed rioters and looters and supported the destruction of others property. Where in there do you see "Seriousness"?
Edited: 9/18/20 9:06 PM
9/19/13
Jack Carter -

The people did have a say, Schumer. This is the Trump presidency and we elected him to to fill all SC vacancies.

Have a nice day

9/18/20 9:06 PM
12/18/07

Tough old fighter broad champ...
9/18/20 9:06 PM
9/20/19
onepunchJD -
Thelonious - 

I would fucking love for the republicans to try and push through a conservative judge. Please do it.

Conservativism is good for every American -- including you.

Go fuck yourself, pussy. 

9/18/20 9:09 PM
6/13/03
HillboFrateTrane -
onepunchJD -
Thelonious - 

I would fucking love for the republicans to try and push through a conservative judge. Please do it.

Go fuck yourself, pussy. 

9/18/20 9:11 PM
1/17/03
gtownhoya -
Erik Apple -
gtownhoya -

I bet Trump doesn't regret a single shot he took at Mitt Romney. But he should.

Romney, Murkowski, Collins...

He could lose all 3 and be ok

Not If Grassley keeps his word

I Wasnt aware of this info, sorry

9/18/20 9:12 PM
5/10/04
HillboFrateTrane - 
onepunchJD -
Thelonious - 

Go fuck yourself, pussy. 

Oh look, an idiot!

LOL

You mad?
9/18/20 9:13 PM
1/1/01

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing trump try to put in a moderate now with the threat of appointing someone far more conservative after the election if they block it. 

9/18/20 9:16 PM
12/5/17
Spider Rico -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
camicom -
The Adversary -

They won’t.

Republicants will play by the rules and lose again, as usual. 

Say what you will about the Left, but they’re serious about winning. The Right is content just to not lose, sometimes. They don’t understand offense. 

McConnell has already said he is going to fill the seat

McConnell is among the most cut-throat, unapologetic politicians in the history of this nation. The Adversary is absolutely delusional in his claims.

Dont hate on cocaine mitch. That guy snorted lines off your moms butthole while your dad was in the closet jacking off and watching. 

No hate. No value judgment applied. It's simply objective reality and The Adversary is not aware of it. 

9/18/20 9:18 PM
2/4/07
Soup and Beer -

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing trump try to put in a moderate now with the threat of appointing someone far more conservative after the election if they block it. 

Nope, Trump's base didn't vote for moderates.  I want another Scalia/Thomas

9/18/20 9:21 PM
12/5/17

In fact... McConnell and all but three or four Rs have shown repeatedly that they play cutthroat, win-at-all-costs politics over, and over, and over again. 

No hate. No judgment. That's just observed reality. 

Just as we saw in the Kavanaugh confirmation process and the impeachment trial: there will be a few Republicans who will be "swing votes". Even that isn't typically done via some sort of principle, reasoning, or even genuine consideration. The Rs who don't follow the party on important matters do so typically for their own political calculus (like re-election).

Edited: 9/18/20 9:22 PM
4/7/10

I doubt they vote before the election but I think they will try in the lame duck sesssession. However I'm not sure if Mcconnel will be able to get someone confirmed.

This could be huge for the 2nd amendment

9/18/20 9:26 PM
9/18/13

Rip. Now fill the seat.

Edited: 9/18/20 9:28 PM
5/10/04
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 

In fact... McConnell and all but three or four Rs have shown repeatedly that they play cutthroat, win-at-all-costs politics over, and over, and over again. 

Just as we saw in the Kavanaugh confirmation process and the impeachment trial: there will be a few Republicans who will be "swing votes". Even that isn't typically done via some sort of principle, reasoning, or even genuine consideration. The Rs who don't follow the party on important matters do so typically for their own political calculus (like re-election).

There was no reason for any Republican to vote against Kavanaugh.

I'm not saying the right isn't politically "cut-throat".
But the Kavanaugh nomination was a no-brainer.

That said... as far as current events-- the left has been more relentless in general than the right.
The right somtimes makes the mistake to try and find common ground and appease the left.
Then the left DEMANDS more.

The right clearly and inarguably has the moral high-ground...
.. but they could learn something from the consistant political terrorism of the left.

... and yes, I realize the irony of that statement.
Edited: 9/18/20 9:30 PM
9/20/07

Bring in Barrett. She should of been the pick last time. Irish Catholic. Like 6 kids. I believe an extremely conservative voting record!?!?. No way the left can tear her apart. She a strong. Educated successful mother. 

put a male in there and someone is coming out of the wood works for the smear. Investigation. Stall etc. run out the clock type antics. They will assassinate his character. I just don’t think they can play that card with a woman justice. 

9/18/20 9:30 PM
5/10/04
Marion Cobretti - 

Bring in Barrett. She should of been the pick last time. Irish Catholic. Like 6 kids. I believe an extremely conservative voting record!?!?. No way the left can tear her apart. She a strong. Educated successful mother. 

put a male in there and someone is coming out of the wood works for the smear. Investigation. Stall etc. 

Agreed.

Is there a black woman on Trump's list?
9/18/20 9:31 PM
9/20/07
Marion Cobretti -

put a male in there and someone is coming out of the wood works for the smear. Investigation. Stall etc. run out the clock type antics. They will assassinate his character. I just don’t think they can play that card with a woman justice. 

Already vetted too. 

9/18/20 9:31 PM
8/1/13

9/18/20 9:32 PM
12/5/17
onepunchJD -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 

That said... as far as current events-- the left has been more relentless in general than the right.
The right somtimes makes the mistake to try and find common ground and appease the left.

.. but they could learn something from the consistant political terrorism of the left.

First part re: Kavanaugh, of course.

Second part: pure partisan delusion. 

9/18/20 9:35 PM
8/31/12

Hopefully Pelosi the drunken whore is next

9/18/20 9:42 PM
12/17/09

9/18/20 9:43 PM
5/10/04
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 
onepunchJD -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 

First part re: Kavanaugh, of course.

Second part: pure partisan delusion. 

"""""""Second part: pure partisan delusion."""""""

Wrong.
The left refuse to give Trump any credit for anything.
The right is, indeed, partisan.
But the left has taken that word to a new level.

BTW -
I just accidentally voted you down.
Although we disagree politically -- I didn't mean to do that -- and will get you back tomorrow.

9/18/20 9:43 PM
12/5/17

^ I have my kids watch clips on Scalia & RBG's friendship. Great example that when you are a step above Facebook comments, what we see among elected representatives, the culture wars -- the level that Scalia and RBG were operating on as intellectual, judicial giants is a different ball game. 

9/18/20 9:44 PM
5/10/04
AngryGerbil - 

I would like to see this.

But under the circumstances, it should probably be a woman or a minority.
9/18/20 9:51 PM
3/17/03
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 

^ I have my kids watch clips on Scalia & RBG's friendship. Great example that when you are a step above Facebook comments, what we see among elected representatives, the culture wars -- the level that Scalia and RBG were operating on as intellectual, judicial giants is a different ball game. 

Not trying to add to the negativity here, but it's hard to not see RBG as being destructively partisan. She held an incredibly important chair as she was on death's door - probably for quite a while.

I'm capable of doing a shitty job at work if I have a headache. I can't imagine DYING while serving on the SCOTUS. Irresponsible to not retire imo.