OtherGround Forums RIP Tough RBG! Republicans Must Fill The Seat!

9/20/20 3:20 AM
6/8/08
The Adversary -

They won’t.

Republicants will play by the rules and lose again, as usual. 

Say what you will about the Left, but they’re serious about winning. The Right is content just to not lose, sometimes. They don’t understand offense. 

Have you met Republicans? Lmfao@playing by the rules.

According to the rules, Obama should have appointed his, and Trump should appoint this one. 

According to Republican's rules, they should cheat. 

And they will. LMFAO@thinking otherwise. Hillarious. 

9/20/20 9:04 AM
3/13/08

If you are so sure Trump is going to win, why the need to rush the appointment?

9/20/20 9:10 AM
1/1/01
leifdawg -

Because based on Democrat’s’ plans to tie up and contest the election result for months in court based off fake and fraudulent mail-in ballots, a good and fair S.C. justice will be needed to ensure the proper verdict. 

9/20/20 9:20 AM
4/24/07
Average - 
The Adversary -

They won’t.

Say what you will about the Left, but they’re serious about winning. The Right is content just to not lose, sometimes. They don’t understand offense. 

According to the rules, Obama should have appointed his, and Trump should appoint this one. 

And I have a GIANT smile on my face that they aren't playing by whatever rules you think they should and your upset about it. You're all about letting your side cheat. You will make excuses for each and everyone of them and now republicans are fighting as dirty as the democrats are.

Had you been a more honest person and helped call out your party's lies and bullshit, we wouldnt be here right now. But no you kept making excuses for them and you continue to do so this very day.

A great example is mail in voting. Democrats not only want mail in voting but they want to remove the safety protocols like signature matching, voter ID ect. The only reason you would want to remove safety protocols is to cheat. There is no other reason you can give that would explain why you support removing the tiny little bit of integrity that mail in voting has.

I have a big bowl of popcorn next to me laughing at how the chickens have come home to roost. You leftists are getting exactly what you deserve now and I can say that honestly as I am a former lefty
9/20/20 9:24 AM
11/9/10
burk -

bad idea.  it will push away independents and cost trump the election.  better to wait and win

Lose and you do it during the lame duck session. Fuck them. You know damn well the dems would do it if the roles were reversed. 

9/20/20 9:26 AM
3/18/02
Average - 
The Adversary -

They won’t.

LMFAO @ someone on the left crying about the rules

are you guys for real hahahaha 

retarded idiots

9/20/20 9:26 AM
4/24/07
leifdawg - 

Ummm because that's how our government is supposed to work. You're supposed to replace the justice as quickly as possible. Just because it normally takes 70 days to do it doesn't mean it shouldn't be done quicker.

9/20/20 9:28 AM
3/12/14
David@accu -
Average - 
The Adversary -

They won’t.

And I have a GIANT smile on my face that they aren't playing by whatever rules you think they should and your upset about it. You're all about letting your side cheat. You will make excuses for each and everyone of them and now republicans are fighting as dirty as the democrats are.

Had you been a more honest person and helped call out your party's lies and bullshit, we wouldnt be here right now. But no you kept making excuses for them and you continue to do so this very day.

A great example is mail in voting. Democrats not only want mail in voting but they want to remove the safety protocols like signature matching, voter ID ect. The only reason you would want to remove safety protocols is to cheat. There is no other reason you can give that would explain why you support removing the tiny little bit of integrity that mail in voting has.

I have a big bowl of popcorn next to me laughing at how the chickens have come home to roost. You leftists are getting exactly what you deserve now and I can say that honestly as I am a former lefty

You guys sure are concerned about a thing that's never happened before. I'm stunned people bought Trumps mail in voting boogeyman stuff. 

(Now here's where you show me 6 cases and a youtube video of the devil that is mail) 

9/20/20 9:30 AM
3/18/02
leifdawg - 

because fuck the democrats thats why 

9/20/20 9:52 AM
10/16/10
VinegarStrokes - 
burk -

bad idea.  it will push away independents and cost trump the election.  better to wait and win

Lose and you do it during the lame duck session. Fuck them. You know damn well the dems would do it if the roles were reversed. 

Save America while you can. Losing moderates for an election or two doesn't compare to the long term benefits of preserving your constitutional rights for a generation.
9/20/20 10:43 AM
9/20/07
Average -
The Adversary -

They won’t.

The president appoints. Which is within the power of the office.  The senate confirms. They are in no obligation to confirm a judge they don’t want. Its basic civics. 

9/20/20 11:00 AM
1/1/01
The Adversary -

They won’t.

Obama left a seat open until after the election, which the Dems lost.  

if Trump tries to ram a nomination through the Dems will filibuster 

9/20/20 11:04 AM
1/1/01
Stache - 
VinegarStrokes - 
burk -

Save America while you can. Losing moderates for an election or two doesn't compare to the long term benefits of preserving your constitutional rights for a generation.

Can you remeber this post when dems win house, Senate, president and there is 52 states and 15 supreme court judges in 4 years?

Edited: 9/20/20 11:15 AM
11/30/11

9/20/20 11:24 AM
6/13/03
Josh -
Stache - 
VinegarStrokes - 
burk -

Can you remeber this post when dems win house, Senate, president and there is 52 states and 15 supreme court judges in 4 years?

yawn

9/20/20 11:27 AM
5/28/02

These clips of obama on filling scotus vacancy aged well

FLASHBACK 2016: Obama On Filling Scotus Vacancy

Flashback - Obama 2016: ‘There’s No Unwritten Law’ that Says Filling Vacant SCOTUS Seats Can Only Be Done on Off-Years

Posted by Sean Hannity on Sunday, September 20, 2020

Edited: 9/20/20 1:26 PM
4/17/13

Trump needs to nominate a woman, not only to retain the balance of RBGs place as a champion of women's rights on the bench, but also so that Democrats will be dumbfounded when they try to release the rape accusers already being lined up to come out of the woodwork.

9/20/20 1:28 PM
6/13/03

Democrats are talking about impeaching Trump or Barr to try and stop the nomination from going forward

9/20/20 1:33 PM
10/6/17
David@accu -
Average - 
The Adversary -

They won’t.

Republicans still don’t play half as cutthroat as Democrats. 

9/20/20 1:34 PM
1/25/04
leifdawg -

Because there’s no reason not to. A vacancy needs to be filled ASAP. This isn’t a game. There are cases that need ruling on. 

9/20/20 1:49 PM
3/18/02
Jack Carter - 
leifdawg -

Because there’s no reason not to. A vacancy needs to be filled ASAP. This isn’t a game. There are cases that need ruling on. 

democrats literally have no idea how things work

yeah lets stop the SCOTUS until we are more comfortable with the nomination process

lets close every business and hide from a virus 

9/20/20 1:50 PM
1/1/01
onepunchJD - 
burk - 
onepunchJD -
burk - 

Why would it push away independents?

Aren't they largely slightly right of center?

independents want to see the court divided and not overly controlled by one side.  Especially those that want Roe to remain law.

Agree about Roe.

Beyond that -- I would think that current events would swing almost anyone on the fence to the right.

Undoing Roe would be a shit show. Setting aside how Roe came about (activist judges ignoring the law and making shit up out of thin air), we've got close to 50 years of legal decisions citing Roe as precedent. Undo Roe and all of those decisions are up for grabs.

I'm as far right as they come, and hugely anti-abortion in my personal beliefs, but IMO you can't go after Roe. Not doable.

9/20/20 2:01 PM
3/23/07
leifdawg - 

They're not so sure.

9/20/20 2:10 PM
3/16/11
saglv -
leifdawg - 

They're not so sure.

Of course they’re not sure, nothing is sure in politics (see: 2016). But given the quality of the candidate, the campaign, and the context surrounding the modern left (riots, original sin racial doctrine, anti-1A, anti-2A, etc, etc, etc) I think Trump wins easily. 

Screen name bet? I’m not American and I’m not a trumper, but I see him winning easily in the electoral college but losing the popular vote.  

9/20/20 2:23 PM
3/23/07
Pilgor the goat - 
saglv -
leifdawg - 

They're not so sure.

Of course they’re not sure, nothing is sure in politics (see: 2016). But given the quality of the candidate, the campaign, and the context surrounding the modern left (riots, original sin racial doctrine, anti-1A, anti-2A, etc, etc, etc) I think Trump wins easily. 

Screen name bet? I’m not American and I’m not a trumper, but I see him winning easily in the electoral college but losing the popular vote.  

I think it's going to be a very close, and that neither candidate will win easily.