OtherGround Forums RIP Tough RBG! Republicans Must Fill The Seat!

9/20/20 2:23 PM
4/24/07
Conor McGazelle - 
David@accu -
Average - 
The Adversary -

They won’t.

Republicants will play by the rules and lose again, as usual. 

Say what you will about the Left, but they’re serious about winning. The Right is content just to not lose, sometimes. They don’t understand offense. 

Have you met Republicans? Lmfao@playing by the rules.

According to the rules, Obama should have appointed his, and Trump should appoint this one. 

According to Republican's rules, they should cheat. 

And they will. LMFAO@thinking otherwise. Hillarious. 

And I have a GIANT smile on my face that they aren't playing by whatever rules you think they should and your upset about it. You're all about letting your side cheat. You will make excuses for each and everyone of them and now republicans are fighting as dirty as the democrats are.

Had you been a more honest person and helped call out your party's lies and bullshit, we wouldnt be here right now. But no you kept making excuses for them and you continue to do so this very day.

A great example is mail in voting. Democrats not only want mail in voting but they want to remove the safety protocols like signature matching, voter ID ect. The only reason you would want to remove safety protocols is to cheat. There is no other reason you can give that would explain why you support removing the tiny little bit of integrity that mail in voting has.

I have a big bowl of popcorn next to me laughing at how the chickens have come home to roost. You leftists are getting exactly what you deserve now and I can say that honestly as I am a former lefty

You guys sure are concerned about a thing that's never happened before. I'm stunned people bought Trumps mail in voting boogeyman stuff. 

(Now here's where you show me 6 cases and a youtube video of the devil that is mail) 

So the Democrats haven't been advocating for mass mail in voting? Trump is just making that up and Trump is the only person I heard this from? Democrats haven't tried to pass a bill to force mail in voting that removes safeguards like Voter ID and signature verification?

You sure you know what your talking about?
Edited: 9/20/20 2:44 PM
9/2/10
BigEyedFish -
leifdawg - 

If you are so sure Trump is going to win, why the need to rush the appointment?

because fuck the democrats thats why 

^Pure tribalism.

9/20/20 2:49 PM
10/6/17
Precise_Improvement -
BigEyedFish -
leifdawg - 

^Pure tribalism.

That’s kind of the reason why we have to say, “fuck them”. The Democrats have abandoned the country. To them it’s all about power. Republicans actually elected a major centrist. Someone that has done things that many Democrats said they cared about. But he doesn’t have a “D” by his name, so the tribalism sets in and they try to destroy him using every dirty trick they can.

It’s pretty sick.

9/20/20 2:51 PM
3/18/02
Precise_Improvement - 
BigEyedFish -
leifdawg - 

^Pure tribalism.

it has absolutely nothing to do with tribalism.  I was vocal against the clinton impeachment because it was political BS.  I align with dems on a ton of issues, especially social.  

The party is outright destructive and fascist (in the real sense of the word).  

They are disgusting creatures and should never get any power again.  

Not sure how anyone who looks at dem run states and big cities can think anything different

open your eyes

9/20/20 2:57 PM
11/20/13

Trumpism has ruined the country. Thanks a lot guys.

9/20/20 3:02 PM
3/18/02

no, the reaction by people who cant accept an election result ruined it

the same imbeciles behind cancel culture and PC culture gone crazy.  The same babies who never learned how to lose or to hear "no"

9/20/20 3:05 PM
1/1/01
BigEyedFish - 
Precise_Improvement - 
BigEyedFish -
leifdawg - 

^Pure tribalism.

it has absolutely nothing to do with tribalism.  I was vocal against the clinton impeachment because it was political BS.  I align with dems on a ton of issues, especially social.  

Not sure how anyone who looks at dem run states and big cities can think anything different

open your eyes

Why are you vocal about American politics at all?

9/20/20 4:29 PM
1/1/01
ksacs revenge -

No, the Left’s refusal to accept an election result has. 

9/20/20 4:49 PM
11/30/11
Josh -
BigEyedFish - 
Precise_Improvement - 
BigEyedFish -
leifdawg - 

^Pure tribalism.

open your eyes

Why are you vocal about American politics at all?

I believe he has business relations here, but his obsession with American politics is I’d say over the top considering he’s Canadian.

9/20/20 4:52 PM
11/20/13
Fast Pitch -
ksacs revenge -

No, the Left’s refusal to accept an election result has. 

We had 8 years of that from the right. It will be a while before the left can even catch up.

9/20/20 4:53 PM
1/17/03
ksacs revenge -

Then leave

9/20/20 4:54 PM
8/1/13
ksacs revenge -

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! 6-3 SC coming....HAHAHAHA

9/20/20 5:00 PM
11/20/13
camicom -
ksacs revenge -

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! 6-3 SC coming....HAHAHAHA

*yawn*

9/20/20 5:01 PM
11/20/13
Erik Apple -
ksacs revenge -

Then leave

I'd rather you leave.

Edited: 9/21/20 1:36 AM
1/26/08
Sandy Pantz -
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -

Right now there is a very real chance that D win the senate and presidency this year, if that happens and Republicans push through a SC Justice, you can bet Democrats will add 2-4 democrat justices next year expanding the supreme court. 

If Republicans push someone through before the election, it only increases the chances of D winning the Senate so I wouldn't expect a vote on the appointee until after the election. If D have the numbers then, it would be better for Republicans stick with tradition and not put one up as it wont matter due to the democrats strategy. To recap:

If Republicans push one through before election, and D get complete control, they wll get rid of fillbuster and add addtional SC justices

If Republicans wait they can see If D have numbers to do that and if they don't, push one through and if they do, better not or it will end up costing them the supreme court also whiich they have right now.

Highly unlikely D add justices if R don't push one through.

IMO that Is the best stratefy for the republicans

You really think the Democrats aren't going to push the limits of what they can get if the Republicans roll over on the Supreme Court pick?  It's honestly adorable the childlike view you have of the situation. 

LMFAO, you have no clue who I am, what I know and who I spend time with in regards to the political space but its cute that you think you have a clue of what is really going on. 

P.S. They can also make DC and PR states, adding 4 more D Senators and expand the house if they so choose. In closing I am not saying I am for any of this but I find it funny how so many on here who want to push this justice through don't realize what is right arouund the corner if they do.

9/21/20 6:28 AM
4/10/14

You guys all Ned to watch the social Delima. At least the Chinese know their givernment is feeding them propaganda here in the us people defend filthy rich pigs there all fucking horrible Obama and trump they are all in it for the money so get off your hi horses no matter what side you are on. 

9/21/20 6:44 AM
8/22/08
camicom -

The MSM already making things up

Who gives a shit what she “supposedly”said in her death bed. Has no legal standing whatsoever. 

9/21/20 10:52 AM
1/1/01
I agree as a matter of game theory, better to wait on election then vote in lame duck. Can use the court to motivate voters who are conservative, but soured on trump to come out to vote. Rile up the repub base. Abortion rights. Better chance to hold senate and trump can still have his candidate nominated for the vote prior to election. Little cost to voting after election but before seating new Congress members. Instead a positive campaign issue.

If they hold the Senate, they can block dem attempts to enlarge and pack the court.

If they don't hold the Senate it is moot regardless, but they can run on the court in midterms
9/21/20 3:20 PM
1/25/04

https://www.marquette.edu/news-center/2020/public-views-of-justice-ginsburg-and-appointments-to-the-supreme-court.php

Most Americans, regardless of whether they are Republican or Democrat, believe the Senate should move forward with confirmation hearings for a Supreme Court Justice this year, a new poll says.The Marquette University Law School poll found 67% of respondents believed confirmation should proceed in 2020 while just 32% said the chamber should hold off.The survey was conducted between Sept. 8 to Sept. 15 -- just days before the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg from cancer Friday evening.The poll did not suggest a strong partisan divide over the issue, with 68% of Republicans and 63% of Democrats holding that a nomination vote should take place. Independents supported going forward by a 71% margin.

9/21/20 5:43 PM
12/15/09
Precise_Improvement -
BigEyedFish -
leifdawg - 

^Pure tribalism.

We got a deep thinker here! He must listen to the joe rogan podcast

9/21/20 5:46 PM
12/15/09
Josh -
Stache - 
VinegarStrokes - 
burk -

bad idea.  it will push away independents and cost trump the election.  better to wait and win

Lose and you do it during the lame duck session. Fuck them. You know damn well the dems would do it if the roles were reversed. 

Save America while you can. Losing moderates for an election or two doesn't compare to the long term benefits of preserving your constitutional rights for a generation.

Can you remeber this post when dems win house, Senate, president and there is 52 states and 15 supreme court judges in 4 years?

Once again showing you are the most consistent dumbass on this forum year in and year out 

9/21/20 5:56 PM
11/9/10
The Jentleman -
Precise_Improvement -
BigEyedFish -
leifdawg - 

^Pure tribalism.

That’s kind of the reason why we have to say, “fuck them”. The Democrats have abandoned the country. To them it’s all about power. Republicans actually elected a major centrist. Someone that has done things that many Democrats said they cared about. But he doesn’t have a “D” by his name, so the tribalism sets in and they try to destroy him using every dirty trick they can.

It’s pretty sick.

Trump is closer to a 90s Clinton democrat than he is a conservative or Reagan republican. 

9/21/20 6:29 PM
1/25/04

9/21/20 8:55 PM
11/21/15

9/23/20 3:05 AM
6/8/08
David@accu -
Average - 
The Adversary -

They won’t.

Republicants will play by the rules and lose again, as usual. 

Say what you will about the Left, but they’re serious about winning. The Right is content just to not lose, sometimes. They don’t understand offense. 

Have you met Republicans? Lmfao@playing by the rules.

According to the rules, Obama should have appointed his, and Trump should appoint this one. 

According to Republican's rules, they should cheat. 

And they will. LMFAO@thinking otherwise. Hillarious. 

And I have a GIANT smile on my face that they aren't playing by whatever rules you think they should and your upset about it. You're all about letting your side cheat. You will make excuses for each and everyone of them and now republicans are fighting as dirty as the democrats are.

Had you been a more honest person and helped call out your party's lies and bullshit, we wouldnt be here right now. But no you kept making excuses for them and you continue to do so this very day.

A great example is mail in voting. Democrats not only want mail in voting but they want to remove the safety protocols like signature matching, voter ID ect. The only reason you would want to remove safety protocols is to cheat. There is no other reason you can give that would explain why you support removing the tiny little bit of integrity that mail in voting has.

I have a big bowl of popcorn next to me laughing at how the chickens have come home to roost. You leftists are getting exactly what you deserve now and I can say that honestly as I am a former lefty

Nobody is crying, but your snowflake who was afraid. 
I calmed him down. 

You Trumptards are so extremely sensitive, you overreact to literally anything.