11/28/03

good boys 7.5/10

30 days ago
12/28/13
ferox -
PeteyWheatstraw -
ferox - 
PeteyWheatstraw - Lawless (2012), 7.5

Never watched this until now for some reason. Pretty cool movie, basic plot but well acted and never boring.

Great soundtrack too. 

The music must have integrated well with the movie cause I didn't notice it much. Probably cause I was too focused on trying to understand Hardy's weird accent, lol.

Directed by Nick Cave, don't know much about him or his music. Seems like he has a following and is an interesting guy.

Actually he was the writer on it not. Director  

Nick Cave has written some great movies, one in particular that very few people know about. Its hard to find, but if you can get your hands on a copy of Ghosts of the Civil dead, I highly reccomend you do. I've never seen anything quite like it. 

He also wrote The Proposition, which also came in under the radar, but is also well worth a watch. 

30 days ago
2/20/09

The Karate Kid (1984)

As good as I remembered.

Crazy that a 22 yr old Maccio headlined the credits on that and killed it.  So oddly charismatic.

Movie holds up well.

9/10

29 days ago
2/1/08
donkypunch55 -

The Karate Kid (1984)

As good as I remembered.

Crazy that a 22 yr old Maccio headlined the credits on that and killed it.  So oddly charismatic.

Movie holds up well.

9/10

I agree that Maccio had great screen presence.  Even his stupid, cringey jokes when he's trying to flirt end up coming off as kind of charming.

It's also easy to forget that he spends most of the movie pissed off and frustrated.  It's hard to channel that kind of teen angst without coming across as petulant and irritating.

27 days ago
3/26/13

Desperado (1995)  w/ Salma Hayek, Antonio Banderas, Steve Buscemi, Danny Trejo, Cheech

"A gunslinger's embroiled in a war with a local drug runner."

Hadn't seen this in probably 20 years. What a great movie. Fun action and some really funny scenes. Young Salma Hayek was a total smokeshow. There's also a hilarious scene with Quentin Tarrantino. If you haven't seen it, you should definitely check it out. Directed by Robert Rodriguez. There's another movie called El Mariachi (1992) which was also directed by Rodriguez and it is a prequel to Desperado. It's really good also.

8/10

27 days ago
3/26/13

Once Upon a Time...In Hollywood (2019)

Went and saw this for a second time in the theater. I enjoyed it even more on the second viewing. Brad Pitt and Di Caprio are amazing in it and there some absolute hilarious scenes. Definitely one of my favorite Tarrantino movies.

9/10

27 days ago
2/23/12

Once upon a time in Hollywood, I thought the pacing was kind of odd and slow but I wasn’t bored at any point. It didn’t really have the long, memorable dialog scenes you expect from a Tarantino film and I thought the soundtrack was more meh than I expected. This was probably the most I’ve enjoyed leonardo dicaprio in something, he was great in it. To me this has the most shocking violence of any of his films, I usually don’t cringe at film violence but this made me wince

7/10

Also what is it with Tarantino and his foot fetish?

27 days ago
12/1/12

Creed II - 7/10 watched on a light last night and actually enjoyed it. Predicable, but still a good movie. 

27 days ago
2/20/09
notsobigmike -
donkypunch55 -

The Karate Kid (1984)

As good as I remembered.

Movie holds up well.

9/10

I agree that Maccio had great screen presence.  Even his stupid, cringey jokes when he's trying to flirt end up coming off as kind of charming.

It's also easy to forget that he spends most of the movie pissed off and frustrated.  It's hard to channel that kind of teen angst without coming across as petulant and irritating.

Yes sir.  I don’t know that I’ve seen such an odd, skinny little gomer command scenes like that and carry an entire movie.

Of course I loved it as a kid but I’m old enough now where I can appreciate it even more.

27 days ago
2/20/09

Even odder is how Cobra Kai is carried largely by Johnny Lawrence’s character.

27 days ago
8/8/09
Once Upon a Time...In Hollywood

Very watchable film. Kept me for the two and a half hours. Wasn't a masterpiece like Pulp Fiction, but still a solid watch. DiCaprio's acting is a cut above anyone else in the film. He may get an oscar nod again. Pitt exuded cool, and Robbie, despite her average acting in parts, is always a pleasure to look at. Some great womenz throughout the film to look at, actually. Worth the trip to the cinema, which is a rarity these days.

7.5/10
27 days ago
1/13/11

Just watched The Secret Life of Walter Mitty-  8.79/10 

what a great movie, hit me right in the feels, I have been enjoying some of the Devils lettuce all day,  it I stand by my rating.  Very well thought out and executed film. 

27 days ago
1/5/07
Mortal Engines 2/10. Wow this sucked, no wonder it was a flop. Don't waste your time.
27 days ago
1/1/01
ranier wolfcastle -

good boys 7.5/10

I saw Ghosts on a double bill in the cinema with A Short Film about Killing... Jesus , I was devastated afterwards ... Talk about bleak. 

27 days ago
4/21/10

Free solo.  8/10

His gf is smoking fucking hot god damn

27 days ago
11/30/07

Angel has fallen 8/10. Great flick and so much fun. Great follow up to London Has fallen. 

26 days ago
1/1/01

Serenity with Mathew Mcconaughey. Love him but jeez this movie is bad. Diane Lane is looking fine in it but it's bad. 

26 days ago
7/12/03

A Walk To Remember 11/10

26 days ago
7/31/19

Once upon a time in Hollywood. 6 out of 10. 

Overall , the movie was boring at times but watchable. Liked the twist at the end though. It literally had an hour of filler that didnt need to be filmed which I found annoying .I understand he was trying to build characters but at times it was overkill

Edited: 26 days ago
7/31/19

Making babies 4 out of 10

WAtched this with the wife,...Watchable but nothing memorable. stars Kevin from shameless so I thought I'd give it a shot. not something I'd reccomend 

26 days ago
7/31/19

Murder mystery . 3 out of 10

Watchable I guess. Adam Sandler has been making a lot of terrible movies. Clearly he is making them for a paycheck

26 days ago
3/26/13
Coil3623 -

Murder mystery . 3 out of 10

Watchable I guess. Adam Sandler has been making a lot of terrible movies. Clearly he is making them for a paycheck

His movies are so bad. I remember when I was younger I would go see his movies the day they came out in theaters. I was so excited anytime he had a movie coming out. Slowly that excitement disappeared. It all went downhill starting with Little Nicky.

26 days ago
11/28/09

Live action lion king. 7

26 days ago
1/12/05

Teacher (2019) 7/10 It's a thriller about bullying. Tense and depressing 

26 days ago
1/1/01

Ready or not 7/10

same story line concept that has been done a few times this was one of the better ones