OtherGround Forums Recommend ammo site

10/21/20 7:03 PM
1/1/01
joesonshuevos -

I got lucky yesterday and found 1,000 of 9 for $325.00 yesterday. 

I call dibs on half! 

10/21/20 7:13 PM
1/23/14

Finally got a win also, LOL, won a box of Silvertips while watching Youtube videos about ammo.

10/21/20 7:27 PM
1/1/01
FatChrist Magic -
tjmitch - 
FatChrist Magic -
tjmitch - 

Anyone seeing .38 or .357 anywhere? 

I found these as well. Great defensive ammo. Basically the equivalent of Magnum +.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021550166?pid=569909

Midway won’t ship to ny without bs paperwork 

I am glad Bud's will ship to you! That .38 special ammo is pre-Covid cheap. I bought another 1500 rounds and would buy more if I could find a place to store it without my wife contacting the ATF.

Sold out - couldn’t fill my order 

10/21/20 7:29 PM
1/1/01
tjmitch - 
FatChrist Magic -
tjmitch - 
FatChrist Magic -
tjmitch - 

I found these as well. Great defensive ammo. Basically the equivalent of Magnum +.

I am glad Bud's will ship to you! That .38 special ammo is pre-Covid cheap. I bought another 1500 rounds and would buy more if I could find a place to store it without my wife contacting the ATF.

Wow. Bummer. When did you try to get it?

10/21/20 7:40 PM
4/1/10

I'm just pumped that I made a thread that lasted more than 2 pages!! Lol

Edited: 10/21/20 7:45 PM
4/1/10

Guy that works for me just built this.  He explained to me but I'll mess it up..  here goes nothing lol

He said it's an 80% upper. He milled it out himself, so no paperwork.   Said it's technically a pistol??  Hes pretty knowledgeable when it comes to this kind of stuff. Built it for like $600.  

10/21/20 7:59 PM
1/1/01
FatChrist Magic -
tjmitch - 
FatChrist Magic -
tjmitch - 
FatChrist Magic -
tjmitch - 

As soon as I saw it posted. It still showed available, but then I got an email saying no go 

10/21/20 10:37 PM
1/1/01
tjmitch - 
FatChrist Magic -
tjmitch - 
FatChrist Magic -
tjmitch - 
FatChrist Magic -
tjmitch - 

As soon as I saw it posted. It still showed available, but then I got an email saying no go 

I feel bad. I think I might have got the last of it. I wish I could split some off for you.

10/22/20 10:52 AM
1/1/01
FatChrist Magic - 
tjmitch - 
FatChrist Magic -
tjmitch - 
FatChrist Magic -
tjmitch - 
FatChrist Magic -
tjmitch - 

I feel bad. I think I might have got the last of it. I wish I could split some off for you.

Bud's fucked up.

I knew those prices were too good to be true.  Sure enough, I also got an email this morning saying they couldn't fulfill the order.

10/22/20 11:00 AM
1/1/01
Mutant - 
joesonshuevos -

I call dibs on half! 

I thought about asking you about some, but I remembered you saying you got some. 

10/22/20 11:33 AM
8/26/05
www.everest.com
10/22/20 4:02 PM
1/1/01
Not a site but locally: Bi-Mart and Coastal Farms. Both have been getting regular weekly or every other week shipments. Their prices have been pretty consistent; no price gouging. However, you have to stay on top of checking their availability and they limit you to 2 boxes of 50 rounds per caliber at Bi-Mart and 3 at Coastal.

Both places are about $12-$13 for a box of 9mm. .22lr has been extremely hard to get but I suspect that is the case everywhere. I read that ammo companies don't turn much of a profit on .22lr and with the demand so high on other calibers, they're focusing on churning out other calibers since their profit margins are higher.
10/22/20 5:10 PM
1/1/01

Lol I just bought 100 rds of the worst looking wad cutters I’ve ever seen. At least they were cheap? 

10/22/20 5:14 PM
1/1/01
joesonshuevos -
Mutant - 
joesonshuevos -

I call dibs on half! 

I thought about asking you about some, but I remembered you saying you got some. 

Just 5 overpriced boxes of 9mm and 6 box of 7.62x39 

10/22/20 6:56 PM
3/17/14

So is Blackline 115g 9mm by Ammo Inc. any good? 

I was in Dicks Sporting Goods to try my luck to see if they had any 9mm. I asked the kid behind the counter who looked like he was some young college student if he had any 9mm and he responded with "sign...yeah everyone is asking but I dont". I say "shame, just wanted to test my luck" and as I turn to walk away he says "Yeah sorry about that, all we got is Self Defense ammo...". I stop in my tracks, turn around and say "ahhh well that exacly what im looking for...so let me see what yah got".

He opens up his cabnet and it see maybe 15 or so boxes. He then says "Yeah this is all I got, we have been waiting on them to bring us Target rounds forever now but no luck" like im somehow out of luck. Part of me was thinking he was fucking with me but I guess he was not. There was only a 2 box per person limit but ill be back tomorrow if its decent stuff. 

10/22/20 7:06 PM
1/23/14
BruteDion - 

I was in Dicks Sporting Goods to try my luck to see if they had any 9mm. I asked the kid behind the counter who looked like he was some young college student if he had any 9mm and he responded with "sign...yeah everyone is asking but I dont". I say "shame, just wanted to test my luck" and as I turn to walk away he says "Yeah sorry about that, all we got is Self Defense ammo...". I stop in my tracks, turn around and say "ahhh well that exacly what im looking for...so let me see what yah got".

He opens up his cabnet and it see maybe 15 or so boxes. He then says "Yeah this is all I got, we have been waiting on them to bring us Target rounds forever now but no luck" like im somehow out of luck. Part of me was thinking he was fucking with me but I guess he was not. There was only a 2 box per person limit but ill be back tomorrow if its decent stuff. 

Going to guess that everyone wants the cheap stuff and don't want to pay for hollow points. Same thing happened earlier this year with people stockpiling stuff -- all the cheap shit was gone first.

10/22/20 7:34 PM
3/17/14

Also is anyone else having trouble with this thread being in their sub list? I see where is ment to be in my line up but its just an blank box. Gotta go through google search every time.

10/22/20 8:02 PM
8/7/07
BruteDion -

Very hit or miss commercial reloads. I've had some that was fine, some that was terrible.

Had a batch of .45 acp that wouldn't feed worth a shit and ever 4-5 rounds I had bullet set back to the point of unusability. 

I would say its a roll of the dice.

10/22/20 8:03 PM
8/7/07
Teamprimal1 -

Guy that works for me just built this.  He explained to me but I'll mess it up..  here goes nothing lol

He said it's an 80% upper. He milled it out himself, so no paperwork.   Said it's technically a pistol??  Hes pretty knowledgeable when it comes to this kind of stuff. Built it for like $600.  

80 percent lower lol. 

10/23/20 5:16 PM
3/17/14
theken206 -
BruteDion -

Very hit or miss commercial reloads. I've had some that was fine, some that was terrible.

Had a batch of .45 acp that wouldn't feed worth a shit and ever 4-5 rounds I had bullet set back to the point of unusability. 

I would say its a roll of the dice.

Thanks for the info

10/28/20 11:43 AM
1/23/14

Will probably go quick

Hornady American Gunner Ammunition 9mm Luger +P 124 Grain XTP Jacketed Hollow Point Box of 25

10/28/20 5:25 PM
3/17/14
fiznadd -

Will probably go quick

Hornady American Gunner Ammunition 9mm Luger +P 124 Grain XTP Jacketed Hollow Point Box of 25

Idk what's going on but they maybe out already. Will not let me add it to my cart

10/28/20 5:45 PM
1/23/14
BruteDion - 
fiznadd -

Will probably go quick

Idk what's going on but they maybe out already. Will not let me add it to my cart

Still working for me -- maybe try incognito mode.

10/28/20 7:07 PM
3/17/14
fiznadd -
BruteDion - 
fiznadd -

Will probably go quick

Still working for me -- maybe try incognito mode.

Got it to work. Thanks for looking out.

29 days ago
2/25/20

Long shot.. Anyone know where to get any .30-.30 ammo right now?