OtherGround Forums Rent’s due in 2 days

12 days ago
9/20/19

What happens? Stimulus is long gone. Unemployment is ending for a lot of people.  Shit’s likely going to shut down again in a lot of places. 

Why isnt this a major talking point? 

12 days ago
1/1/01

Your problems do not fit their agenda

12 days ago
10/15/13

Are you white? Then i am not supposed to care you over privelaged asshole!

12 days ago
11/4/10

Try looting. I don’t think that’s a crime anymore. 

Edited: 12 days ago
9/20/19

I’m fine. I meant big picture. What’s going to happen next month? A lot of people have been stretched to the brink and likely won’t be able to afford it. There’s no help or talk of help. 

12 days ago
11/19/19
KZTT_MMAfan55 -

Try looting. I don’t think that’s a crime anymore. 

Hasn't been in California for a minute.

California $950 theft law

California law defines petty theft as the theft of any property with a value of $950 or less. ... A misdemeanor conviction for petty theft in California carries a sentence of up to six months in county jail, a fine of no more than $1,000, or both.

12 days ago
1/14/07

Mass eviction mostly...

Which will only further hurt the economy.

50-60k evictions are expected to be filed in NYC alone.

12 days ago
11/19/19
HillboFrateTrane -

I’m fine. I meant big picture. What’s going to happen next month? A lot of people have been stretched to the brink and likely won’t be able to afford it. There’s no help or talk of help. 

What do you mean? They have been talking about a second stimulus.

12 days ago
1/1/01

100 days to prepare.

12 days ago
7/31/09

Sorry op, you're not black. Maybe get on your knees and wash some black feet.. show them how guilty you are. Maybe they'll accept you.

12 days ago
4/1/10

There are no evictions in New York or NJ. So you can squat for hoever long that lasts.

Afterwards it is really difficult to get rid of a squatter in NY and NJ, so you have a lot if time if you just stop paying your rent.

12 days ago
1/14/07
Zned - 

There are no evictions in New York or NJ. So you can squat for hoever long that lasts.

Afterwards it is really difficult to get rid of a squatter in NY and NJ, so you have a lot if time if you just stop paying your rent.

NY protections end July 6. (originally were ended 6/20)

4/1/10
RdotC - 
Zned - 

NY protections end July 6. (originally were ended 6/20)

Eveiction court proceedings resume on 7/6. They are trying to prevent a multi month backlog. Then there are the formal court proceedings. From the perspective of the landlords, NYC has awful squatters laws. Squatters are very protected.

If you stop paying your rent tomorrow it could be over a year or more before you need to find alternate arrangements. Especially if you are on the lower end of the income spectrum.

1/9/19

for a long time the Paycheck-to-Paycheck American ConsumerSLAVE has been walking the edge of the cliff as they "life is short live for today" spend all their capital on excessive FlimFlam addiction like GUN$, Travel, BigTrucks and Sport/Luxury Autos, and so on INSTEAD of living responsibly and saving/investing for Future Uncertainty and/or Old Age they SPEND, SPEND, SPEND......  

we see the tremmors observed in the occasional Economic-Downturn but most people always return to their old habits, just look how most people learned NOTHING from 2008 and just went back to their old "life is short" ways.

BIG GOV is always doing what it can to manage the danger but it's been there for a long time and it's not easy to manage and so eventually what goes up must come down and one day THE BIG ONE is going to happen again!   Maybe BIG GOV can save us again this time or maybe we see another 2008 or worse?

12 days ago
4/13/12
HillboFrateTrane -

What happens? Stimulus is long gone. Unemployment is ending for a lot of people.  Shit’s likely going to shut down again in a lot of places. 

The $600 bonus ends but not unemployment.  And they'll likely extend something.

12 days ago
1/1/01

I’m not worried about that.  But I am definitely worried about Black Trans Lives for some reason.  Evidently, they are being rounded up and slaughtered, based on the attention they are getting.  Slaughtered by racist cops, I bet.  

Mark

12 days ago
1/1/01
Just tell mom to be cool. You'll be fine, OP.
12 days ago
10/21/10

Wanna tell you a story,
About the house rent blues
I come home one Friday,
Had to tell the landlady I done lost my job
She said that don't befront me,
Long as I get my money next Friday
Now next Friday come I didn't get the rent,
And out the door I went

12 days ago
1/13/04
Mark1 - 

I’m not worried about that.  But I am definitely worried about Black Trans Lives for some reason.  Evidently, they are being rounded up and slaughtered, based on the attention they are getting.  Slaughtered by racist cops, I bet.  

Mark

Jesus, not again. Hasn't history taught us anything??

12 days ago
11/5/03
lol@ "excessive FlimFlam addiction like GUN$"

Love IT!

BIG WIN!!
12 days ago
1/1/01
iFish - 

Wanna tell you a story,
About the house rent blues
I come home one Friday,
Had to tell the landlady I done lost my job
She said that don't befront me,
Long as I get my money next Friday
Now next Friday come I didn't get the rent,
And out the door I went

my man

12 days ago
5/8/10

Time to get a job? Plenty of places still working and hiring. 

12 days ago
7/15/04

Learn to live out of your car OP.

12 days ago
5/8/11

it's not going to shut down again...give it a couple weeks, death rates will be much lower, even in surging states and people will calm down.  no money for rent?  why?  where do you live?  what jobs have you applied for?  are you waiting to be rescued or are you going to go out there and be a man?

12 days ago
4/24/07
HillboFrateTrane - 

Don't worry. The government will always take care of you! Just keep waiting by the phone. They will be calling any minute now with a plan to save you.