OtherGround Forums Restricted License Came In...

7 days ago
5/6/15

...yesterday. Looking to buy a restricted rifle as my first purchase.

The Colt Canada Diemaco Sa15.7 looks like a great rifle because its a civilian version of the C8, but she aint cheap.

any recommendations?

7 days ago
11/8/09

Most people on here aren't going to know what you're talking about by the title of your thread. Mostly.only Canadians and a few other people. You'd do better to have something about guns in the title. 

7 days ago
2/2/15

Been thinking about getting my restricted, but I think I'm gonna wait until after the election. It seems the libs got some shit planned if they get in again, and I don't wanna waste my time and possibly money on a restricted until I see what those cunts will do if they get in.

7 days ago
1/1/01

Im saving for an AR before the election.   

7 days ago
12/17/06

Special what? Special license? Yeah, I got all that shit! I work on race cars! For EIGHTEEN YEARS!

7 days ago
12/17/06

For real though, enjoy.

7 days ago
9/26/11
Bilge Water -

Been thinking about getting my restricted, but I think I'm gonna wait until after the election. It seems the libs got some shit planned if they get in again, and I don't wanna waste my time and possibly money on a restricted until I see what those cunts will do if they get in.

Do you even grandfather bro?

Sorry. I've been looking for an opportunity to use the whole do you even line but clearly this didn't work.

7 days ago
3/20/12

explain this riddle

7 days ago
11/14/11

7 days ago
2/2/15
sourandmouldy -
Bilge Water -

Sorry. I've been looking for an opportunity to use the whole do you even line but clearly this didn't work.

Best case scenario, but who the fuck knows? Maybe it'll just be in the form of so many restrictions it becomes a massive pain in the cunt to use your restricted. 

7 days ago
11/8/09
Rambo John J -

explain this riddle

In Canada we need a possession and acquisition licence (PAL) to buy regular long rifles and shotguns. We have to take a course for that. Then there’s another course for handguns and some rifles like the AR platform called a restricted PAL or R-PAL. 

Even then to go out and shoot restricted firearms is quite...restrictive. You can only drive to the range from your house then back again. No stopping for gas or coffee. It has to be locked in a box separate from the ammo with a trigger lock during storage in your home and for transport. 

We resently had a case where a car load of criminal adults (the media played it like they were kids out for a swim) drove into a farmers yard in the middle of the day and started to terrorize him and his family. He ran to his shop and grabbed the farm gun...yadda yadda yadda, some scumbag got killed. The farmer ended up catching a firearms storage charge because it was an old handgun. 

7 days ago
5/6/15
Bilge Water -
sourandmouldy -
Bilge Water -

Best case scenario, but who the fuck knows? Maybe it'll just be in the form of so many restrictions it becomes a massive pain in the cunt to use your restricted. 

This is a legitimate concern, my hope is for it to be grandfathered in but further restrictions may taint the idea of owning a restricted rifle and it might not be worth it.

6 days ago
9/26/11

The way I look at it is if you're on the side of gun ownership, you should have your license and own guns. The silver spoon drama teacher doesn't actually have any moral compass. He only cares about what will make him popular and get him elected. If the majority of people had guns he would be sucking us off to get our vote. Go get your license and let your voice be heard.