OtherGround Forums Reuters: Yep, Putin supervised the hack for Trump

12/15/16 8:04 PM
8/1/03

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-cyber-idUSKBN1441RS

Russian President Vladimir Putin supervised his intelligence agencies' hacking of the U.S. presidential election and turned it from a general attempt to discredit American democracy to an effort to help Donald Trump, three U.S. officials said on Thursday.

The U.S. officials - who have knowledge of intelligence information on the matter -- said on the condition of anonymity that the hacking of U.S. political groups and figures had a more general focus at first.

"This began merely as an effort to show that American democracy is no more credible than Putin's version is," one of the officials said.

"It gradually evolved from that to publicizing (Hillary) Clinton's shortcomings and ignoring the products of hacking Republican institutions, which the Russians also did," the official said.

By the fall, the official said, it became an effort to help Trump's campaign because "Putin believed he would be much friendlier to Russia, especially on the matter of economic sanctions" than Democratic rival Clinton.
12/15/16 8:05 PM
1/12/12
You must be collecting overtime pay today, attjack!
12/15/16 8:07 PM
11/9/10

They didn't hack the election. They allegedly hacked the DNC and released their emails potentially to influence voters. The way they keep saying they hacked the election makes it seem like it was a lot more than that.  

12/15/16 8:11 PM
8/1/03
VinegarStrokes - 

They didn't hack the election. They allegedly hacked the DNC and released their emails potentially to influence voters. The way they keep saying they hacked the election makes it seem like it was a lot more than that.  

I agree that it is an inaccurate choice of words. 

Edited: 12/15/16 8:12 PM
6/13/03
Assange says wikileaks 100% did not get anything from Russia. More liberal lies
12/15/16 8:13 PM
4/20/11
Good. Fuck the liberals for destroying our country. Bunch of weakling fucks.
12/15/16 8:14 PM
1/1/01
VinegarStrokes - 

Exactly, just like the MSM tried to influence voters with wall-to-wall negative stories about Trump.
12/15/16 8:15 PM
2/15/13

Who are the sources?

how did they get into their positions?

12/15/16 8:16 PM
4/11/10

Dumb libtard.  Fuck off OP. 

12/15/16 8:17 PM
10/17/08
The democrats are sickening.
12/15/16 8:19 PM
6/13/03

12/15/16 8:20 PM
1/25/04

I love how Putins intentions align with exactly what's been going on for the past 20 months.

All I'm hearing from these career politiicans and their "Iraq has WMDs!" intelligence sources is that Putin runs this country. We are his bitch and this means war according to the them.

What a bunch of idiots.

1/1/01
So if I get caught doing something aweful I can just blame somebody for hacking my data and take no responsibility for my shitty actions? Very millenial like
2/15/06
12/15/16 8:22 PM
12/3/14

So again the United States has interfered in government elections and has even imposed dictators ... so why the outrage ? Right . Nobody likes a taste of their own mutton . Oh ya and it was as democrat that supervised the bay of pigs invasion as I recall 

12/15/16 8:23 PM
6/27/09
VinegarStrokes -

So Russia did to Hillary what the DNC tried to do to Bernie, not actually mess with the votes but peoples opinions

12/15/16 8:28 PM
3/1/10
VinegarStrokes -

This.

The only "revelation" the past week is a change in the alleged motivations for Russia hacking unsecured email accounts using grade-school methods like phishing links.

Nonsense language about "hacking the election" is the epitome of fake news.

12/15/16 8:30 PM
8/21/13

Im no fan of Trump (or Hillary), but this is stupid. As mentioned above, they exposed the DNC as the shitbags they are... not really a hack. Had they not conspired and lied then this would not be an issue.

Still, I think it makes sense to investigate further, but by no means does this take away from Trump's win.

12/15/16 8:38 PM
6/23/09
Jack Carter -

I love how Putins intentions align with exactly what's been going on for the past 20 months.

All I'm hearing from these career politiicans and their "Iraq has WMDs!" intelligence sources is that Putin runs this country. We are his bitch and this means war according to the them.

What a bunch of idiots.

u sure about that?

so if 'they' are idiots, what is the 'wise' or 'smart' approach in your opinion?

12/15/16 8:59 PM
1/1/01
J-Tee - 
Jack Carter -

What a bunch of idiots.

u sure about that?

so if 'they' are idiots, what is the 'wise' or 'smart' approach in your opinion?

The wise and smart approach is to clamp down and tighten cyber security and protocol.  Make sure violaters like Hillary are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law to discourage other officials from making the same mistakes.

We spy and hack Russia, they spy on us.  We do it to China, and Germany, and South America, and France, and Itally, and Saudi Arabia, and every nation on the planet.   Depending on their abilities they try to do the same to us.  It's been going on for decades.  What is crazy talk is beating the war drums claiming this is an act of war.

12/15/16 9:00 PM
6/23/09
Willin - Good. Fuck the liberals for destroying our country. Bunch of weakling fucks.

the term 'liberal' has been thrown around for quite some time and has somewhat become a derogatory term in parts of the US. Tell me, since it seems you have such antipathy for the 'L-word', what is/what constitutes a 'liberal' in your opinion?

12/15/16 9:02 PM
6/23/09
Soup and Beer -
J-Tee - 
Jack Carter -

What a bunch of idiots.

u sure about that?

The wise and smart approach is to clamp down and tighten cyber security and protocol.  Make sure violaters like Hillary are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law to discourage other officials from making the same mistakes.

We spy and hack Russia, they spy on us.  We do it to China, and Germany, and South America, and France, and Itally, and Saudi Arabia, and every nation on the planet.   Depending on their abilities they try to do the same to us.  It's been going on for decades.  What is crazy talk is beating the war drums claiming this is an act of war.

i see.

so just to clarify, if the situation were the opposite, meaning if it were the Dems and the 'libtards' in focus, and not 'Team Trump', you'd be singing the same tune right?

Edited: 12/15/16 9:03 PM
4/24/07

Sounds like the DNC shouldn't be corrupt then. 

12/15/16 9:03 PM
4/21/10
VinegarStrokes -

This.

People being more concerned about Russia's hacking than what was uncovered in those emails is pretty fucking disturbing.
12/15/16 9:10 PM
12/15/11

on a condition of anonymity three top Clinton aides; Confessed that the whole story is bullshit!

Meanwhile the hacker group Anonymous, confessed on a condition of anonymity, that there really are top men investigating this while watching girl olympic swimming reruns :')

meanwhile , others may on a condition of anonymity, confess other things, deep, dark things. Like where they hid the chocolate covered cherries!