OtherGround Forums Rivers Edge...thoughts?!

27 days ago
9/27/15
I'm talking about the dark teen flick with Keanu Reeves and Crispin Glover. I watch it every year or so. Great flick, based on 2 different murders where high schoolers murdered classmates and afterwards led "tours" to go see the dead body. It's very bleak and had great soundtrack..

Anyone remember when this first came out? Did anyone see it at the theater? I'm curious the reviews this film got because it's not very optimistic or happy..

Anyone on here not like this movie?if not, why?
27 days ago
12/8/12

Movie is very intense on acid.

27 days ago
5/14/10
Feck was Dennis Hopper's best role, IMO. Dude would be in heaven today with the current fuckdoll technology.
27 days ago
4/13/18

Damn dude. Blast from the past. His little brother freaked me out. I remember liking the movie though, but if I had to choose between dark teen movies I'd pick At Close Range. 

27 days ago
2/25/20

Why did you kill her?

She was talking shit. 

27 days ago
3/20/15

Good movie...

27 days ago
12/13/02

I loved this movie back when it was recent. I watched it many times. I havent seen it since. I need to find a copy. 

27 days ago
6/18/09

MOTHER FUCKERRR.. FOOD EATERRR

My favorite dis from Keanu to the stepdad. So many great lines. Best movie ever

Edited: 27 days ago
7/24/09
Nice golf course designed by Arnold Palmer located in Shallotte, NC. About an hour north of Myrtle Beach.
27 days ago
1/1/01
I saw it when it first came out. I don't remember much of the movie at all but do remember that I didn't really know what the hell the movie was about when I watched it those decades ago.
27 days ago
4/1/15

Saw it in the theater. Great movie. 

27 days ago
3/17/03

Crispin Glover is so amazingly over the top.

I still say "gahhdammit" with his ridiculous nondescript accent.

27 days ago
6/30/07

"You're talking shit and you know it, man!"

26 days ago
11/11/11

It was the 80s most-often voted "Most Underrated Movie".

Great, depressing film that was the direct opposite of years of peachy-cute John Hughes' films. Kind of like how grunge grew out of a building up sickness of 80s synth pop music.

26 days ago
3/25/11

This movie is great. 

It's based on a true story that happened not far from where I grew up. 

26 days ago
1/1/01

Is the kid brother the same creepy vamp from Near Dark?

26 days ago
9/27/15
thetank0420 - 

Why did you kill her?

She was talking shit. 

That's the exact reason Anthony Jacques Broussard gave for killing his 13 year old gf. Militipas, California
26 days ago
9/27/15
havomaster - 

This movie is great. 

Militipas, California ...you live close? There are numerous videos where guys drive to the exact spot where the killing occurred. Marsh rd. Supposedly haunted lol
26 days ago
9/27/15
havomaster - 

This movie is great. 

It's based on 2 incidents imo ..one in California I already mentioned and the Ricky Kasso satanic murder in New York. The character 'Feck' was absolutely based on the Pat Pagan individual from the Kasso group
26 days ago
3/25/11
ons ear -
havomaster - 

This movie is great. 

Militipas, California ...you live close? There are numerous videos where guys drive to the exact spot where the killing occurred. Marsh rd. Supposedly haunted lol

Yeah. I grew up in the east foothills. 

26 days ago
5/14/10
I never knew that was based on a true story. Weird that it was such a white trashy movie that just exploited the stoner teens in the rural areas in CA, but IRL the killer was a black guy.
26 days ago
9/27/15
Freaky_Hibiki - I never knew that was based on a true story. Weird that it was such a white trashy movie that just exploited the stoner teens in the rural areas in CA, but IRL the killer was a black guy.

Yes, in the Cali case, the killer was black. Victim was white ..in the New York incident, both victim and killer were white and it had trappings of satanism, tons of drug use and heavy metal. Rivers Edge always felt to me like it was following the Kasso events
26 days ago
1/1/01

Great flick.

I remember watching it on Xmas Eve morning back in the late 80s. It came on early morning (I'd seen it before) so I turned it on. My dad and brother came in and started watching it.

My mom thought it was fucked up we were enjoying ourselves watching it that day.