OtherGround Forums Ron Paul say Texas Spike is Fake News

7/6/20 11:27 AM
4/2/08
From the doctor who predicted 9/11, the housing market collapse, police state and was one of the select few against the Iraq war:

On July 2nd, Texas Governor Greg Abbott issued an executive order mandating the wearing of face masks across the state, whether indoors or outdoors, when six feet cannot be maintained between people. In the governor’s decree, he cited a rise in Covid cases, a rise in test positivity, and a rise in hospitalizations as justification to force people to cover their faces in public.

The move is not only a violation of the civil liberties of all Texans. Abbott may have based his executive order on inaccurate information about a “rise” in Covid cases due to the Texas State Department of Health Services changing the definition of what constitutes a “Covid case.”

Thanks goes to Collin County Judge Chris Hill for blowing the whistle on what appears to be a move in mid-May to redefine what was a “Covid” case to open the door to a massive increase – all to match the mainstream media line that a “second wave” was on the way.

In a Commissioners Court hearing for Collin County on May 18th, it was revealed that while previously the determination of a Covid “case” was a confirmed test result, the definition was suddenly changed to count “probable” cases as “cases.” At the same time, the threshold for determining “probable” was lowered to a ridiculous level.

As Judge Hill said at that May 18th meeting, “If you have a subjective fever and you have a headache and you live in Collin County, you now meet the qualifications to be a probable COVID patient. It is remarkable how low the standard is now.”

Even worse, once a “probable” case was determined based on possibly unrelated subjective criteria, up to 15 people in possible contact with that “probable” case were also listed as “probable cases.” And “probable cases” were considered cases.

Repeat that farce across Texas and is it any wonder there was a “spike” in “cases”?

Also, Governor Abbott’s claim that hospitals were being over-run by Covid patients was refuted by the Houston hospital directors themselves, who said they were nowhere near actual capacity and in fact were about the same level as they were last year.

The basis for Abbott’s unconstitutional “executive order” has been shown to be false. Will he admit his mistake?

It is encouraging to see so many local and county officials across Texas announcing they will refuse to enforce Governor Abbott’s unconstitutional face mask order. Thankfully the spirit of freedom and love of liberty is still alive in Texas.

The “second wave” is driven by propaganda. Across the country, Covid testing increased from about 150,000 to more than 700,000 per day. You can’t drive through Houston without seeing a flurry of signs advertising “Free Covid test! Results in 15 minutes!” Last week Reuters reported that tests shipped around the country by the federal government were contaminated.

Deaths from coronavirus – even the deaths “with” coronavirus rather than deaths “from” coronavirus – are down more than 90 percent since the peak in April. The decline in deaths continues. That means we are closer to the “herd immunity” that will finally kill this virus. Yet Governor Abbott and others across the country see this as a reason to lock the country back down.
7/6/20 11:35 AM
1/1/01

7/6/20 11:37 AM
3/13/18

I thought he ded 

7/6/20 11:38 AM
1/1/01

7/6/20 11:40 AM
4/1/10

He still peddling gold to seniors?

How about that shady investing newsletter?

7/6/20 11:41 AM
4/2/08
DaveFu - 

yep....and now that there are more tests available, pretty much everyone hospitalized is getting a test.
7/6/20 11:41 AM
9/8/10

lmao that’s the dumbest shit I’ve ever read

7/6/20 11:43 AM
1/1/01
GSpenn fan - 
DaveFu - 

yep....and now that there are more tests available, pretty much everyone hospitalized is getting a test.

That is a state medical director laying out the federal guidelines. She is someone completely on the opposite end of the tinfoil hat/Alex Jones crowd saying that. 

7/6/20 11:46 AM
6/26/06
Zned - 

Paultards are a severe personality cult. They still believe he's the great savior even though he sat out the last two elections in favor of making money of his sucker army. He's the right wing's Bernie Sanders in that way.
7/6/20 11:47 AM
4/2/08
truewrestler - 

so basically there's been no spike and its pretty much the same as it was in May when Texas had one of the lowest death rates per capita...

we are talking less than 40 deaths per day in a state of 29 million people
7/6/20 11:48 AM
4/2/08
McBottery - 

care to elaborate or refute anything?
7/6/20 11:49 AM
4/2/08
RenatoCocopreta - 
Zned - 

Paultards are a severe personality cult. They still believe he's the great savior even though he sat out the last two elections in favor of making money of his sucker army. He's the right wing's Bernie Sanders in that way.

it's hilarious that everyone who uses the term "paultard" never refutes anything. Theres never an argument to be made.
7/6/20 11:50 AM
3/13/18
GSpenn fan -
truewrestler - 

so basically there's been no spike and its pretty much the same as it was in May when Texas had one of the lowest death rates per capita...

Ummm, no

7/6/20 11:51 AM
3/3/03
RenatoCocopreta -
Zned - 

Yeah. What a dummy he is.  Wanting limited government, wanting genuine fiscal responsibility, wanting liberty. What a dolt.  Right?

7/6/20 11:57 AM
4/2/08
The_Pundits_Ghost - 
GSpenn fan -
truewrestler - 

Ummm, no

last time I checked Texas was top 10 in lowest deaths per 1 million in the country....so 5 or 6 more deaths per day in a state of 29 million people is reason for hysteria?

I must be missing something...
7/6/20 11:58 AM
10/3/16
RenatoCocopreta -
Zned - 

Nailed it

7/6/20 12:00 PM
1/1/01

I just found out that two of my distant relatives who died recently were listed as covid-19 deaths which is 1000% bullshit.  Colon cancer and a stroke are not Covid.  

But hospitals get government money for covid-19 so it's all a fucking lie

7/6/20 12:00 PM
1/1/01
MarcusAurelioFan - 
RenatoCocopreta -
Zned - 

Nailed it

The oddest thing is - I've seen people flip between Ron Paul and Bernie.  How does that even make sense?

7/6/20 12:01 PM
3/17/03
GSpenn fan -
McBottery - 

care to elaborate or refute anything?

Nope. He's incapable. 

7/6/20 12:03 PM
4/2/08
Cookie Monster - 
RenatoCocopreta -
Zned - 

Yeah. What a dummy he is.  Wanting limited government, wanting genuine fiscal responsibility, wanting liberty. What a dolt.  Right?

Its pretty sad when our government is so corrupt, that 1 guy makes a name for himself just for being half way reasonable.

and the public is so dumbed down to headliners and one liner slogans that any logical discussion that cant be summed up in one sentence is met by "Derpa derpa Paultard"

we are living in Idiocracy
7/6/20 12:17 PM
4/2/08
Road Warrior Fin - 
MarcusAurelioFan - 
RenatoCocopreta -
Zned - 

Nailed it

The oddest thing is - I've seen people flip between Ron Paul and Bernie.  How does that even make sense?

1 issue voters - Foreign Policy/War

Bernie and Paul actually teamed up on several bills together back in the day to try and stop the Iraq and Afghanistan war.
7/6/20 12:19 PM
2/5/05
GSpenn fan -
Cookie Monster - 
RenatoCocopreta -
Zned - 

Its pretty sad when our government is so corrupt, that 1 guy makes a name for himself just for being half way reasonable.

and the public is so dumbed down to headliners and one liner slogans that any logical discussion that cant be summed up in one sentence is met by "Derpa derpa Paultard"

I remember a debate with Paul and Bush or maybe it was McCain. Paul answered the question in a calm logical fashion making complete sense the whole time. The republican’s retort was the equivalent of “America, fuck yea! Git er done!” And the crowd went apeshit. It was that moment when I realized how fucked we are. I’m not hopeful for where this nation is headed. 

7/6/20 12:23 PM
4/2/08
clattymine - 
GSpenn fan -
Cookie Monster - 
RenatoCocopreta -
Zned - 

I remember a debate with Paul and Bush or maybe it was McCain. Paul answered the question in a calm logical fashion making complete sense the whole time. The republican’s retort was the equivalent of “America, fuck yea! Git er done!” And the crowd went apeshit. It was that moment when I realized how fucked we are. I’m not hopeful for where this nation is headed. 

and the sad thing is all the hardline Republicans and conservative talking heads called his views on Iraq "Insane"...but now that same viewpoint is considered mainstream and reasonable...
7/6/20 12:23 PM
1/1/01
clattymine -
GSpenn fan -
Cookie Monster - 
RenatoCocopreta -
Zned - 

I remember that debate. I remember a different one where they put Rick Santorum right next to him and he twisted Rick into a mental pretzel. 

Totally unelectable but the best mind in the 2012 choices. 

Edited: 7/6/20 1:09 PM
10/4/02

Here's a Texas council discussion about them re cases and creating the "probable" One councilman raised the concern that, unless the cases were clearly denoted as "confirmed" and "probable", the reported numbers could be very misleading. The number of "cases" would increase 17 fold.