OtherGround Forums SC Backs Trump Broad Asylum Restrictions! MAGA!

9 days ago
8/1/13

You can't come in!

So much WINNING, I can't stand it!

MAGA!

https://apnews.com/a817cf3affb04f3d8ad3c4940366a5fe

Supreme Court allows broad enforcement of asylum limits

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court is allowing nationwide enforcement of a new Trump administration rule that prevents most Central American immigrants from seeking asylum in the United States.

The justices’ order late Wednesday temporarily undoes a lower-court ruling that had blocked the new asylum policy in some states along the southern border. The policy is meant to deny asylum to anyone who passes through another country on the way to the U.S. without seeking protection there.

Most people crossing the southern border are Central Americans fleeing violence and poverty. They are largely ineligible under the new rule, as are asylum seekers from Africa, Asia and South America who arrive regularly at the southern border.

The shift reverses decades of U.S. policy. The administration has said that it wants to close the gap between an initial asylum screening that most people pass and a final decision on asylum that most people do not win.

Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sonia Sotomayor dissented from the high-court’s order. “Once again, the Executive Branch has issued a rule that seeks to upend longstanding practices regarding refugees who seek shelter from persecution,” Sotomayor wrote.

Edited: 9 days ago
4/9/16

Mr. Serra if you would be so kind.  

9 days ago
2/22/13

SC proves the bad orange man right, yet again.  Suck it lefties.

9 days ago
12/17/09

Good

9 days ago
5/10/08

Good... although I don't like that the Courts are making these decisions...

Congress should be legislating this shit and changing the asylum rules.

9 days ago
9/12/05
Good news
9 days ago
11/20/13
WendyIDMT -

Decision hasn't been made yet, but I like your enthusiasm. 

9 days ago
1/1/01
camicom -

You can't come in!

MAGA!

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court is allowing nationwide enforcement of a new Trump administration rule that prevents most Central American immigrants from seeking asylum in the United States.

The justices’ order late Wednesday temporarily undoes a lower-court ruling that had blocked the new asylum policy in some states along the southern border. The policy is meant to deny asylum to anyone who passes through another country on the way to the U.S. without seeking protection there.

Most people crossing the southern border are Central Americans fleeing violence and poverty. They are largely ineligible under the new rule, as are asylum seekers from Africa, Asia and South America who arrive regularly at the southern border.

The shift reverses decades of U.S. policy. The administration has said that it wants to close the gap between an initial asylum screening that most people pass and a final decision on asylum that most people do not win.

Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sonia Sotomayor dissented from the high-court’s order. “Once again, the Executive Branch has issued a rule that seeks to upend longstanding practices regarding refugees who seek shelter from persecution,” Sotomayor wrote.

“Once again, the Executive Branch has issued a rule that seeks to upend longstanding practices regarding refugees who seek shelter from persecution,” Sotomayor wrote.

Yeah, economic asylum isnt a thing, never has been

9 days ago
8/1/13
ksacs revenge -
WendyIDMT -

7-2 doesn't bode well for future rulings

9 days ago
7/13/17

Rbg needs to retire, for her health. 

Hope this helps.  Lmfao 

9 days ago
8/1/13
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. -
camicom -

You can't come in!

MAGA!

“Once again, the Executive Branch has issued a rule that seeks to upend longstanding practices regarding refugees who seek shelter from persecution,” Sotomayor wrote.

Yeah, economic asylum isnt a thing, never has been

This

9 days ago
12/17/06

Good. Once you bypass asylum you're no longer a refugee.

9 days ago
2/22/13
ksacs revenge -
WendyIDMT -

Almost as enthusiastic as when you suck a dick.

9 days ago
12/22/10

9 days ago
12/10/09

Yuge

9 days ago
3/16/15
Altofsky - 

Good. Once you bypass asylum you're no longer a refugee.

Agreed.

9 days ago
11/20/13
camicom -
ksacs revenge -
WendyIDMT -

Given your thread title, I'm surprised that the plan is still somehow being challenged in lower courts.

8 days ago
8/1/13
ksacs revenge -
camicom -
ksacs revenge -
WendyIDMT -

Given your thread title, I'm surprised that the plan is still somehow being challenged in lower courts.

Really no different from the AP headline. Nothing I said in the title is incorrect(can only use so many words):)

8 days ago
11/20/13
camicom -
ksacs revenge -
camicom -
ksacs revenge -
WendyIDMT -

Really no different from the AP headline. Nothing I said in the title is incorrect(can only use so many words):)

True enough. I suppose I can't fault you for Wendy being so gullible.

8 days ago
8/1/13
ksacs revenge -
camicom -
ksacs revenge -
camicom -
ksacs revenge -
WendyIDMT -

Well, 7 of the 9 think its pretty much a winning argument. When is the last time 2 Dem's voted for something the Trump admin backs?

I can't remember, every decision is 5-4

8 days ago
11/20/13
camicom -
ksacs revenge -
camicom -
ksacs revenge -
camicom -
ksacs revenge -
WendyIDMT -

Well, 7 of the 9 think its pretty much a winning argument. When is the last time 2 Dem's voted for something the Trump admin backs?

I can't remember, every decision is 5-4

Oh no, you just had to go off the deep end.

I don't think they made any statement as to the validity of the argument. It definitely isn't in the article. All they said was the rule can be in place while it's worked out in lower courts. Hell, the counter was to keep status quo until the courts make a decision.

8 days ago
2/19/14
lionsoul -

we don't agree on much, but i'm right here with you.

8 days ago
8/18/13

MAGA!!!!

8 days ago
3/18/02
lionsoul - 

congress is busy not doing a goddamn thing its supposed to, youll have to excuse them

8 days ago
7/12/03
Its not a new rule.