OtherGround Forums Sacha Baron Cohen’s new series launches on Sunday

8 days ago
9/7/04

Sacha Baron Cohen is to return to TV with a new satirical comedy series that will begin next week on Channel 4 in the UK and Showtime in the US .

The Borat star has been secretly filming the seven episodes for a year.

The show, which premieres on Showtime on Sunday, marks his first full series for TV since Da Ali G Show in 2004.

Showtime said Who is America? "will explore the diverse individuals... across the political and cultural spectrum" in the US.

The network promises it will show the comedian and actor "as you've never seen him before". The series will begin in the UK on Channel 4 at 22:00 BST on Monday.

8 days ago
9/7/04

New Sacha Baron Cohen series a 'right-wing hit job,' source says

Showtime announced Sacha Baron Cohen's satirical seven-episode “Who is America?” will premiere this Sunday, exploring "the diverse individuals ... across the political and cultural spectrum, who populate our unique nation.”

However, a source familiar with the project – who viewed parts of the series in its early, rough-cut stage during a private screening at Sony Studios in Los Angeles on March 22 – told Fox News that, at least then, it was nothing more than a Hollywood hit job on Trump supporters and the Republican Party.

“They actually tried to screen out the Republicans,” the insider revealed. “Cohen went undercover to nail Republicans. Total hit piece on Dick Cheney, Sherriff Joe, Roy Moore and others. None of these people seemed to know they were duped. Total secret.”

8 days ago
9/7/04

^ lol, I can’t wait 

8 days ago
11/21/05

Awesome!

8 days ago
11/21/05
MMA Playwright - 

New Sacha Baron Cohen series a 'right-wing hit job,' source says

Showtime announced Sacha Baron Cohen's satirical seven-episode “Who is America?” will premiere this Sunday, exploring "the diverse individuals ... across the political and cultural spectrum, who populate our unique nation.”

However, a source familiar with the project – who viewed parts of the series in its early, rough-cut stage during a private screening at Sony Studios in Los Angeles on March 22 – told Fox News that, at least then, it was nothing more than a Hollywood hit job on Trump supporters and the Republican Party.

“They actually tried to screen out the Republicans,” the insider revealed. “Cohen went undercover to nail Republicans. Total hit piece on Dick Cheney, Sherriff Joe, Roy Moore and others. None of these people seemed to know they were duped. Total secret.”

Oh lol...well that will be interesting but am honestly disappointed it's going to be political.

8 days ago
6/27/09

Will watch

8 days ago
1/1/01
booyakasha
8 days ago
8/18/13

This is gonna trigger the redneck snowflakes of the OG like they’ve never been triggered before. Can’t wait!

Hopefully he launches both barrels at fuckwits like Antifa too, but as Borat & Bruno showed, targeting the fragile American Rights feelings is far funnier because they’re far more stupid and therefore far more gullible 

8 days ago
8/15/14

Hallelujah he is back, love me some Cohen.

8 days ago
2/5/05

I loved when he trolled politicians as Ali G ... that shti was great. 

Who was the old fucker that walked out of the interview?  I hope this is good, though I tend not to watch much political humor on either side. 

8 days ago
1/24/14
clattymine -

Who was the old fucker that walked out of the interview?  I hope this is good, though I tend not to watch much political humor on either side. 

8 days ago
2/5/05

^

I was thinking Andy Rooney!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1EFyyoxa4k

lol... shit was great. 

8 days ago
1/7/09

If you can't laugh at scumbags like Cheney or Roy Moore regardless of your political views, you need to step back and realize you're a fucking moron with a peanut sized tribal brain. They deserve to get roasted just as much as the scumbags of the left do.

8 days ago
9/23/07
Death Star - 
clattymine -

CANT STUMP THE TRUMP.
8 days ago
6/17/11

'Dick Cheney, Sherriff Joe, Roy Moore'

well these people are trash

8 days ago
9/7/04

It's Cohen's first new show in more than a decade. The first episode of "Who is America?" will air on Showtime at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Sunday, July 15, and debut on streaming, online and on demand Sunday at midnight. Subsequent episodes will air on Sundays at 10 p.m. ET/PT. 

"Sacha is a comedic genius who shocks you with his audacity, bravery and inventiveness," said Showtime Networks president and CEO David Nevins. "He is the premier provocateur of our time, but not for the sake of 'gotcha' moments. Behind the elaborate setup is a genuine quest for the truth about people, places and politics. Nobody knows how to cause a stir like Sacha Baron Cohen, and it's going to be fascinating to watch what happens when Who Is America? is released on the world."

Last week, the comedian behind "Borat" and "Da Ali G Show," trolled Mr. Trump on the Fourth of July with a video on Twitter. The video was a recording of Mr. Trump slamming Cohen years ago, calling him a "third-rate character" who deserved to be punched. 

Cohen tweeted the video and wrote, "A message from your President @realDonaldTrump on Independence Day." The video showed Mr. Trump in 2012 addressing a camera and trashing Cohen, saying, "This third-rate character named Sacha Baron Cohen, I only wish he that would've been punched in the face so many times right now, he'd be in a hospital." Mr. Trump's remarks came after Cohen, in character as General Admiral Aladeen from "The Dictator," dumped an urn of what seemed to be ashes on Ryan Seacrest at the Oscars red carpet that year. 

Cohen is known for interviewing unwitting subjects in character as Borat, Bruno and Ali G. It's unclear if he i

8 days ago
6/10/12

I don’t see anything scheduled on Showtime for this show on Sunday.

8 days ago
3/1/10

Why is Sacha Baron Cohen still a thing?

Sascha, Dan Rather, Sarah Palin, Kathy Griffin.....fuck, so many irrelevant faggots being propped back up in the age of Trump ahahaha.

8 days ago
2/27/13
clattymine -

In one of his shows as Ali G he interviewed Richard Thornburgh, former attorney general:

8 days ago
6/6/17
Brockback Mountain - 
Death Star - 
clattymine -

CANT STUMP THE TRUMP.

Tump really did clown him.  Ali G was making it funny, but literally CANT STUMP THE TRUMP.  He was onto that shit with a rightous fury!

8 days ago
3/17/03
Awesome

I was just telling my wife's boyfriend that there aren't nearly enough comedians laying into old 'cheeto' Trump on TV!
7 days ago
12/28/04
clattymine - 

^

I was thinking Andy Rooney!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1EFyyoxa4k

lol... shit was great. 

lol

7 days ago
6/22/07
Trump said that people have been doing business for hundreds of millions of years in that interview. What an unbelievable moron.
7 days ago
9/8/02
Homeslice - 
Brockback Mountain - 
Death Star - 
clattymine -

CANT STUMP THE TRUMP.

Tump really did clown him.  Ali G was making it funny, but literally CANT STUMP THE TRUMP.  He was onto that shit with a rightous fury!

Trump was looking over at his people wondering, "Who the hell booked this guy."

Trump is 100x sharper than people realize. He can read a room, hell, he read an entire country enroute to a electoral landslide. 

7 days ago
2/4/06

I'm all in. After banging my head at the trolling trumptards thread today it will be good to see a pro back to work.