OtherGround Forums Sad Day: Henry Cavill done as Superman

9/12/18 11:47 AM
2/8/09
Chimonos Revenge -

The article says there won't be a new Superman film for several years and instead they will focus on Supergirl

That's going to work great for future Justice League films.

The girl from the TV series or someone new?  

9/12/18 11:48 AM
7/26/07
BRZ - 
Chimonos Revenge -

The article says there won't be a new Superman film for several years and instead they will focus on Supergirl

That's going to work great for future Justice League films.

The girl from the TV series or someone new?  

Not sure...I'm assuming someone new

The TV series is Garbage
9/12/18 11:50 AM
1/1/01
laura vandervoot is gorgeous.

i mean the smallville supergirl.
9/12/18 11:57 AM
12/6/11
Chimonos Revenge -
iclimb513 - 

If a genie granted me one wish where I could physically transform to look like someone else, it would be Henry. Ridiculously handsome motherfucker. 

So much homo. 

I think i'd go with Chris Hemsworth, personally, lol

Both options are good. I'd also vote Chris Evans - Captain America

9/12/18 11:59 AM
7/4/11
Vegito Blue -

Lmfao what is going on

Please, I feel like watching the world burn. Well, the DC world. 

9/12/18 11:59 AM
7/4/11

They keep fucking up for such obvious reasons and keep fixing the completely wrong things lol

9/12/18 12:00 PM
1/1/01
Jclover123 - 
Chimonos Revenge -
iclimb513 - 

If a genie granted me one wish where I could physically transform to look like someone else, it would be Henry. Ridiculously handsome motherfucker. 

So much homo. 

Both options are good. I'd also vote Chris Evans - Captain America

If im nitpicking, I dont like Chris Hemsworth's Trex arms.   But would still pick him.  Even chicks I know that NEVER talk sexual or talk about guys would fuck him in a second. 

9/12/18 12:02 PM
3/13/08

Why is this a bad day? His Superman movies were all crap.

9/12/18 12:04 PM
3/13/08
Acestanley -

He’s the roger moore of superman. Not quite as good as the original, but still respectable. Man of Steel is an underrated superman movie. Im excited for him being Geralt of Rivia from the witcher though. Hopefully it stays true to the games / books

Books and games are already pretty different from each other.

Edited: 9/12/18 12:06 PM
3/13/08
daxfactor -
BigTedBear -

The DC universe has a lot of problems but Henry Cavill was one of the few things they got right.

Disappointing but Henry Cavill will do fine without being attached to DC it would be quite funny if Marvel signed him for a role.

Either Hercules or could actually see him as namor as well. 

Adam Warlock or Silver surfer.  Or the new Cyclops 

9/12/18 12:20 PM
2/8/09
SdoMkcuC - Fucking lol @ DC considering a black actor for Superman.

Blackwashing?

Heard it was Michael B Jordan too. 

9/12/18 12:21 PM
7/5/03
He will be the new face of the Netflix Witcher series. He is a big gamer an apparently lobbied hard for the role
9/12/18 12:26 PM
8/29/08

Better in man from uncle anyways.Mabye if DC films weren't filmed in complete darkness they would be more popular.

9/12/18 12:26 PM
10/15/13
leifdawg -

Why is this a bad day? His Superman movies were all crap.

But he made for an excellent Superman (regardless if he had zero on screen connection with Lois or how badly the movies were written), he killed the role.

9/12/18 12:47 PM
7/1/15
Vegito Blue -

Lmfao what is going on

Just quoting this so it’s on the second page too. WHAT IS GOING ON AT WB WHO IS MAKING THESE DECISIONS LMFAOOOO

9/12/18 12:53 PM
8/1/07
Chimonos Revenge - 
iclimb513 - 

So much homo. 

I too would go with Chris Hemsworth. That dude is ridiculously handsome.
9/12/18 12:57 PM
7/1/15

9/12/18 12:59 PM
7/1/15
TeamRenzo -
Chimonos Revenge - 
iclimb513 - 

So much homo. 

Nah he’ll always be Thor. That’s his legacy. 

For a new Superman it’d have to be a young unknown actor. Just like Cavill was when they first chose him 

Edited: 9/12/18 1:02 PM
7/26/07

I liked Man of Steel ok.

I think it's probably my favorite DCEU film, even over Wonder Woman.

I loved watching Gal Gadot, but the movie wasn't that good as a whole...it was a lot better than most DC films, but it would be at the bottom of a Marvel film, and that's just the standard i apply to Comic Book Movies now.

The villain at the end of Wonder Woman was supposed to be the GOd of War? He looked like the accountant down the hall with a coffee stain on his tie.

David Thewlis is not a super villain lol

9/12/18 1:01 PM
7/26/07
Vegito Blue - 
TeamRenzo -
Chimonos Revenge - 
iclimb513 - 

So much homo. 

For a new Superman it’d have to be a young unknown actor. Just like Cavill was when they first chose him 

We are talking about who we would choose if we could have anyone's body and looks lol

Not who would play Superman.
9/12/18 1:03 PM
3/12/12

sad...

in one article had a great quote that summed it up perfectly "...Warner Bros. will have wasted an actor who perfectly understood Superman, and was saddled with writers and directors who didn’t."

9/12/18 1:04 PM
7/1/15
Chimonos Revenge -
Vegito Blue - 
TeamRenzo -
Chimonos Revenge - 
iclimb513 - 

So much homo. 

We are talking about who we would choose if we could have anyone's body and looks lol

Not who would play Superman.

Ahh I saw the original comment now lol

7/26/07
FlyingKnee_bar - 

sad...

in one article had a great quote that summed it up perfectly "...Warner Bros. will have wasted an actor who perfectly understood Superman, and was saddled with writers and directors who didn’t."

That's been the whole DCEU in a nutshell, honestly
7/1/15
FlyingKnee_bar -

sad...

Yup. 100% Cavill was fucking awesome. He got so jacked for the movies too lol no homo... maybe a little homo idk

9/12/18 1:05 PM
7/1/15
Chimonos Revenge -

I liked Man of Steel ok.

I think it's probably my favorite DCEU film, even over Wonder Woman.

I loved watching Gal Gadot, but the movie wasn't that good as a whole...it was a lot better than most DC films, but it would be at the bottom of a Marvel film, and that's just the standard i apply to Comic Book Movies now.

The villain at the end of Wonder Woman was supposed to be the GOd of War? He looked like the accountant down the hall with a coffee stain on his tie.

David Thewlis is not a super villain lol

I loved Man of Steel. I understood the complaints about it. It wasn’t perfect. But it’s everything I always wanted in a Superman movie... the action was amazing. The score was amazing. The story/writing and dialogue just needed a little bit more polishing