OtherGround Forums Sad Day: Henry Cavill done as Superman

9/12/18 1:06 PM
7/1/15

9/12/18 1:13 PM
9/1/04
Acestanley - 

He’s the roger moore of superman. Not quite as good as the original, but still respectable. Man of Steel is an underrated superman movie. Im excited for him being Geralt of Rivia from the witcher though. Hopefully it stays true to the games / books

Don't worry, it won't They've already decided Ciri won't be white.
9/12/18 1:21 PM
7/27/04

this thread has a lot of homo going on.

9/12/18 1:33 PM
10/18/14

michael B jordan it up imo

the superman films weren't getting it done with white men ... you got nothing to lose

9/12/18 1:35 PM
1/1/01
Jaden Smith?? Where is you when we need you?
9/12/18 1:36 PM
3/22/10
leifdawg -
daxfactor -
BigTedBear -

The DC universe has a lot of problems but Henry Cavill was one of the few things they got right.

Disappointing but Henry Cavill will do fine without being attached to DC it would be quite funny if Marvel signed him for a role.

Either Hercules or could actually see him as namor as well. 

Adam Warlock or Silver surfer.  Or the new Cyclops 

Don’t know about surfer, since he’s not as lean. I could see him as cyclops but think they will cast younger.Warlock is a good choice as well. 

For surfer I’d go Michael rosenbaum or the guy from the Gianni Versace crime story. Cyclops is go with Richard madden(Robb Stark).

9/12/18 1:36 PM
7/2/13
Vegito Blue -

Lmfao what is going on

He is way taller than Cavill I can't help but think that people will notice the change. 

9/12/18 1:39 PM
11/11/12
Chimonos Revenge -

The article says there won't be a new Superman film for several years and instead they will focus on Supergirl

That's going to work great for future Justice League films.

Maybe make Supergirl a transgender Superman instead of his cousin

9/12/18 1:47 PM
1/1/01
ttt
9/12/18 1:50 PM
1/1/01
Make him the new Wolverine just to piss DC off LOL
12/6/11

DC has messed up most movies lately, so at least let's put in, Michael B. He is good looking and lean. Guess he will be the first official black superman.

7/26/07
daxfactor - 
leifdawg -
daxfactor -
BigTedBear -

The DC universe has a lot of problems but Henry Cavill was one of the few things they got right.

Disappointing but Henry Cavill will do fine without being attached to DC it would be quite funny if Marvel signed him for a role.

Don’t know about surfer, since he’s not as lean. I could see him as cyclops but think they will cast younger.Warlock is a good choice as well. 

For surfer I’d go Michael rosenbaum or the guy from the Gianni Versace crime story. Cyclops is go with Richard madden(Robb Stark).

Henry Cavill could be The Punisher, but they already have Jon Bernthal for that in the Netflix series
9/12/18 1:52 PM
12/6/11

As someone had mentioned, if they make a grown up X-Men's movie, he would be a great Cyclops.  I am tired of these teenager X-Men movies.

9/12/18 1:53 PM
12/6/11
Chimonos Revenge -
daxfactor - 
leifdawg -
daxfactor -
BigTedBear -

Henry Cavill could be The Punisher, but they already have Jon Bernthal for that in the Netflix series

Jon Bernthal did a great job in that series

9/12/18 1:55 PM
7/1/15

No surprise lol
9/12/18 1:59 PM
11/16/08

Affleck doesn't have much choice.  With his boozing lately, insurance to cover the film costs too much with him as a lead.

9/12/18 2:01 PM
7/26/07
Jclover123 - 

As someone had mentioned, if they make a grown up X-Men's movie, he would be a great Cyclops.  I am tired of these teenager X-Men movies.

Yeah

My favorite X-men film is Logan, even though i know some people shit on it because it didn't really follow the Old Man Logan comic at all
9/12/18 2:02 PM
7/26/07
I wish Marvel would get the rights to the X-men back and do their own films, or involve those characters into the MCU

Then we could get adult X-men, as you pointed out
9/12/18 2:03 PM
3/13/08
daxfactor -
leifdawg -
daxfactor -
BigTedBear -

Richard Madden is way too short to play Cyclops unless they find an actual little person to play Logan.

9/12/18 2:04 PM
3/13/08
SdoMkcuC -
danggook - 
Chimonos Revenge -

The article says there won't be a new Superman film for several years and instead they will focus on Supergirl

That's going to work great for future Justice League films.

Maybe make Supergirl a transgender Superman instead of his cousin

The tv show version is almost there already

the show sucks, but you don't think Mellisa Benoist is hot?

9/12/18 2:10 PM
1/1/01
EKPOGI - 

this thread has a lot of homo going on.

9/12/18 2:12 PM
2/3/09
Vegito Blue -
Vegito Blue -

Lmfao what is going on

Just quoting this so it’s on the second page too. WHAT IS GOING ON AT WB WHO IS MAKING THESE DECISIONS LMFAOOOO

Maybe in a reboot as Spawn....but Superman? Guess they're chasing that Black Panther money 

9/12/18 2:20 PM
12/6/11
Chimonos Revenge - I wish Marvel would get the rights to the X-men back and do their own films, or involve those characters into the MCU

Yeah, Marvel taking full rights to X-men would be amazing!

9/12/18 2:27 PM
9/14/03
Sandy Pantz - 
CawkJugglingThunderkunt - 

He was the only good thing about the DC universe imo. Shame. 

I agree.

That whole movie was godawful, but Gal Gadot in her WW outfit is the only good thing. Cavill is bland as fuck. He is not good at being buoyant or brooding. He is just blah.

Apart from some of the Batmans, DC is just embarrassingly bad.
9/12/18 2:36 PM
2/27/15
Jclover123 -
Chimonos Revenge - I wish Marvel would get the rights to the X-men back and do their own films, or involve those characters into the MCU

Yeah, Marvel taking full rights to X-men would be amazing!

They bought 20th Century Fox recently did they not? Which includes marvel rights. They can do wot they want with it now...well I would would certainly hope they would after paying something like 70billion haha