OtherGround Forums San Francisco Homelessness soars yet again

25 days ago
1/17/03
Ill Portents -

San Francisco sounds like the American dream to the OG. People who "work hard" are wildly rich, property owners charge as much as they can possibly get away with and cater to the elites, and the people who can't hack it are reduced to homeless trash. 

San fran is a disgusting, liberal, hell hole

25 days ago
6/27/15
Junnk - 
Ill Portents -

San Francisco sounds like the American dream to the OG. People who "work hard" are wildly rich, property owners charge as much as they can possibly get away with and cater to the elites, and the people who can't hack it are reduced to homeless trash. 

Nope. Run by liberals

Can you say anything negative about your party? Are you allowed to?

Give him some time while his daddy pries the ball gag out of his mouth. Have some respect jeez.
25 days ago
4/27/18
Jack Carter -

Thank you gregg abbot

25 days ago
4/27/18
Dryfly -
Souljacker - 

people really have no idea unless you are here everyday. I work downtown near 5th and Mission, right smack in the middle of it all. Shit and needles every morning. Then at night if I drive Uber you see even worse

There are no easy answers but no doubt there is a better way because this has never gotten better in the 25 years I have lived here, just worse and worse

I like you and your posts. So please do not take this wrong. But I think you are in a unique position to answer a question for me.

You have posted for a long while and have shown yourself to be a very sane and intelligent man. You see the same issues going on in your state just like the rest of us. Much like the rest of us you think it is nuts.

So in your opinion, as a resident. Why in the hell do these politicians that do nothing but cause more issues, while solving none, keep getting elected? Do those around you not see these things or what the hell is happening there?
I am genuinely baffled by this. And can't for the life of me even speculate as to why seemingly rational people can keep voting in the Dianne Feinsteins and the like.

Here's the only answer

They are very, very stupid.

25 days ago
4/27/18
TexDeuce -
Beninger -

“...I’m moving to Austin.” Haha off to wreck another state. 

It makes me ill reading that. 100% chance she comes here and votes Democrat. Texas is fucked.

It is but mostly due to massive immigration

25 days ago
3/16/06

2034. I just have to make it 15 years and then I can split with my pension! 

Edited: 25 days ago
4/27/18
shen -

We're a one party state.

THIS is the best the Dems can do with the richest state in the U.S. when given all the power...?

It's really unfathomable.

This might be the smartest and most revealing post on the og ever.

25 days ago
1/1/01

Yeah I was thinking no matter where your vote goes the next guy will implement the same or worse policies. Sad.

25 days ago
9/8/10

To be fair, while it is terrible, of course SF has the highest homeless population in the country.  It has literally the perfect climate for it year round, never really gets too hot or too cold.

If you’re going to be homeless, you damn sure want it to be in SF. Not many other cities can claim to have the same problem. Of course the homeless will flock there/be more willing to settle there.

Of course they have shitty policies that allow it to get out of hand, but it is a relatively unique problem.

25 days ago
2/13/16
Stache -
shen - 

We're a one party state.

THIS is the best the Dems can do with the richest state in the U.S. when given all the power...?

It's really unfathomable.

Aren't there any black or hispanic conservatives that can run?

It's dumb that you have to play that game but if it's the only way, so be it.

Idk.  I’ve wondered what would happen if a conservative ran for office and just attached Democrat to his name.  

25 days ago
1/1/01
SF is literally crawling with tech multi-millionaires and billionaires, most of whom are very liberal and left wing. Why don't these assholes put their money in line with their values and just house the homeless in luxury homes, feed them and pay for their healthcare in perpetuity??

Why bitch and moan about Trump when these extraordinarily wealthy liberals can literally fix this homeless problem in a matter of months?
25 days ago
8/28/10
McBottery -

To be fair, while it is terrible, of course SF has the highest homeless population in the country.  It has literally the perfect climate for it year round, never really gets too hot or too cold.

If you’re going to be homeless, you damn sure want it to be in SF. Not many other cities can claim to have the same problem. Of course the homeless will flock there/be more willing to settle there.

Of course they have shitty policies that allow it to get out of hand, but it is a relatively unique problem.

Mcbot sf is fucking freezing in the winter!!! Fuck being homeless in northern California.

Head down to LA and live good on the beach or I'm someone's yard

25 days ago
6/13/03
TheKidAintMine - SF is literally crawling with tech multi-millionaires and billionaires, most of whom are very liberal and left wing. Why don't these assholes put their money in line with their values and just house the homeless in luxury homes, feed them and pay for their healthcare in perpetuity??

Why bitch and moan about Trump when these extraordinarily wealthy liberals can literally fix this homeless problem in a matter of months?

Virtue signaling from inside a gated compound is way more fun.

25 days ago
2/14/10

It's a ploy to attract as many destitute people as possible, who will then be rounded up and used to power a prototype version of what will eventually become the Matrix. 

25 days ago
10/15/13
IronHands -

It's a ploy to attract as many destitute people as possible, who will then be rounded up and used to power a prototype version of what will eventually become the Matrix. 

Image result for you just blew my mind gif

25 days ago
3/3/18
Erik Apple -
Ill Portents -

But what is it about it that isn't exactly how you want it? Grossly rich elites, property owners raping everybody, and anyone who isn't rich is left to starve in the streets. 

25 days ago
6/13/03
Ill Portents -
Erik Apple -
Ill Portents -

But what is it about it that isn't exactly how you want it? Grossly rich elites, property owners raping everybody, and anyone who isn't rich is left to starve in the streets. 

Yeah everyone is in here talking about how they want to live in democrat utopia.

25 days ago
10/15/13
Ill Portents -
Erik Apple -
Ill Portents -

25 days ago
1/1/01
Souljacker -

people really have no idea unless you are here everyday. I work downtown near 5th and Mission, right smack in the middle of it all. Shit and needles every morning. Then at night if I drive Uber you see even worse

There are no easy answers but no doubt there is a better way because this has never gotten better in the 25 years I have lived here, just worse and worse

i heard it's bad if you are downhill in the valley and better if you are higher up? 

25 days ago
1/1/01

i'm beginning to think that orcus is kirik's alt trolling account. 

25 days ago
10/4/18
SF is literally a shithole now with very very few redeeming qualities. My wife and I would visit often in the 90's but refuse to go to that 3rd world city now. Liberalism literally killed that American city.
25 days ago
3/18/02
Flavorful - This is Trump's America.

my god you people are so dumb 

25 days ago
5/30/03
Souljacker -

Have you noticed a significant increase in the problem with respect to recent political changes in the city? 

25 days ago
5/30/03
aryaseyeballz -
Junnk - 
Ill Portents -

Nope. Run by liberals

Can you say anything negative about your party? Are you allowed to?

Give him some time while his daddy pries the ball gag out of his mouth. Have some respect jeez.

Orcus

If there is limited supply in housing,  and you put a ceiling on prices, what happens to the supply with such high demand?  

25 days ago
9/8/10
Sometimes my wife lets me porrada -
McBottery -

Mcbot sf is fucking freezing in the winter!!! Fuck being homeless in northern California.

Head down to LA and live good on the beach or I'm someone's yard

Not sure you know what the word freezing means

I lived in Boston for 7 years, ya wanna know why the homeless problem isn’t too bad there?  Because come winter you either move south or you die. No one is freezing to death on the streets of SF.