OtherGround Forums San Francisco Homelessness soars yet again

27 days ago
1/1/01
bakobell - 
Bick Koxer -

^^^^^^^How do they deal with homeless in conservative cities/states?  

You tell me. Probably don’t give them welfare. Probably don’t give them free needles. Probably enforce the actual fucking laws. Probably don’t allow them to build trash forts wherever they please. Probably prohibit them from shitting and pissing anywhere they please. Just a quick thought. But you’re either a troll or a dope so I don’t really want to Feed you anymore. 

We plain do not put up with that shit here.

Sure there are homeless people, especially up in the SLC area. If one of them were to try and pitch a tent and "camp" on the damn sidewalk downtown, they would find there ass locked up before the night ended.

I think that most here that can sustain that life$tyle long term, camp out in the foothills, which is fine and no one cares.
But if they were to start doing it in big groups, instead of like 1-4 at at the same place, that shit would get shut right down.

They stay out of sight by and large, or they go to jail. You may see one holding a sign at an intersection begging for $ but that is about it. And even that is only in relatively small areas.
I never see any at all in my daily life, only if I drive up to the big city will there be folks begging on corners.

And I believe they are currently working on a law to stop that.
27 days ago
12/18/09
bakobell -
Bick Koxer -

You tell me. Probably don’t give them welfare. Probably don’t give them free needles. Probably enforce the actual fucking laws. Probably don’t allow them to build trash forts wherever they please. Probably prohibit them from shitting and pissing anywhere they please. Just a quick thought. But you’re either a troll or a dope so I don’t really want to Feed you anymore. 

Lol it was an honest question, if a city has solved their homeless problem I’d be seriously interested in hearing how.  God forbid we have an actual discussion on the OG enjoy your day rage boy

Edited: 26 days ago
12/18/09
Souljacker -
Bick Koxer - 
jacktripper -
Bick Koxer -

About 1/3 of the city is unbearable shithole. The other 2/3 is still among the best cities in the world.  But the shithole is spreading and the good 2/3 is so expensive it’s not a sustainable situation.

its criminal that the public education isn’t better. SF should be a progressive paradise - high taxes and lots of rich liberal people willing to pay them.  But the city is essentially segregated and the inequality of education and therefore opportunity is off the charts.  Total failure of retarded progressive politics.

What makes it one of the best cities in the world?  The people alone disqualify it

Beauty and access to nature and the outdoors mostly. world class restaurants if you can afford them.  Diverse culture. Unique neighborhoods. Always something happening at night somewhere in town if you like partying

How many people from SF have you met personally and what did you dislike about them? One of the best things about the city is that there are so many different kinds of people.  Small minded and sad to write off a city based on shit you hear on the OG and Hannity.

I will certainly give you that the food/restaurants are awesome but of course spendy. You can get diverse culture anywhere is you don't close yourself off. You can find night life anywhere but SF is pretty quiet for a big city during the week

Been her a total of 27 years including college years so I have met countless. I dislike the vile hatred and racism of people who think they are actually enlightened. Again different people and cultures are everywhere in the US, yes some more than others but you can find it anywhere. and my views of this shithole have nothing to do with Hannity who I do not like.

The city is overrated without question and almsot all outsiders I speak to who visit say they will never again come

Vile hatred and racism? Like you feel persecuted as a white person? 

26 days ago
1/1/01
Bick Koxer - 
Souljacker -
Bick Koxer - 
jacktripper -
Bick Koxer -

About 1/3 of the city is unbearable shithole. The other 2/3 is still among the best cities in the world.  But the shithole is spreading and the good 2/3 is so expensive it’s not a sustainable situation.

its criminal that the public education isn’t better. SF should be a progressive paradise - high taxes and lots of rich liberal people willing to pay them.  But the city is essentially segregated and the inequality of education and therefore opportunity is off the charts.  Total failure of retarded progressive politics.

What makes it one of the best cities in the world?  The people alone disqualify it

Beauty and access to nature and the outdoors mostly. world class restaurants if you can afford them.  Diverse culture. Unique neighborhoods. Always something happening at night somewhere in town if you like partying

How many people from SF have you met personally and what did you dislike about them? One of the best things about the city is that there are so many different kinds of people.  Small minded and sad to write off a city based on shit you hear on the OG and Hannity.

I will certainly give you that the food/restaurants are awesome but of course spendy. You can get diverse culture anywhere is you don't close yourself off. You can find night life anywhere but SF is pretty quiet for a big city during the week

Been her a total of 27 years including college years so I have met countless. I dislike the vile hatred and racism of people who think they are actually enlightened. Again different people and cultures are everywhere in the US, yes some more than others but you can find it anywhere. and my views of this shithole have nothing to do with Hannity who I do not like.

The city is overrated without question and almsot all outsiders I speak to who visit say they will never again come

WTF no my wife and I teach our kids that their ethnicity has nothing to do with their failure or succes. It is just like last month when my son got a ticket, he got a ticket because he was speeding, not because he was black LOLOLOL

25 days ago
3/27/03
Bick Koxer -
jacktripper -
Bick Koxer -

People shit on hannity but he seems to be right an awful lot (russia, Covington, Jussie, etc.. )

Do you have an accurate count of how many people you know are from any given city and if I did what is your point?  If you knew anything about the city you’d know most people there aren’t from there anyway.  What I dislike about “San Franciscans” (again if you can find one show me) is they tend to be angry and hateful 

and your list is laughable... piles of turds and needles aren’t beautiful and I don’t want to shock you but there are many areas of the world with “access to nature”

Diverse neighborhoods... Do you live in 1959 Peoria?  Most cities have these also

Nice (overpriced) restaurants?  Wow... definitely worth the crime rate 

25 days ago
3/27/03
Bick Koxer -
Souljacker -
Bick Koxer - 
jacktripper -
Bick Koxer -

I’m pretty sure he’s a black man fwiw 

25 days ago
7/31/09
Dryfly -
bakobell - 
Bick Koxer -

We plain do not put up with that shit here.

Sure there are homeless people, especially up in the SLC area. If one of them were to try and pitch a tent and "camp" on the damn sidewalk downtown, they would find there ass locked up before the night ended.

I think that most here that can sustain that life$tyle long term, camp out in the foothills, which is fine and no one cares.
But if they were to start doing it in big groups, instead of like 1-4 at at the same place, that shit would get shut right down.

They stay out of sight by and large, or they go to jail. You may see one holding a sign at an intersection begging for $ but that is about it. And even that is only in relatively small areas.
I never see any at all in my daily life, only if I drive up to the big city will there be folks begging on corners.

And I believe they are currently working on a law to stop that.

Wasnt too long ago this I'd how it was where I live. Enjoy it while you still can cause I'm sure itll never reach you....

25 days ago
5/22/16
Bick Koxer -
Souljacker -
Bick Koxer - 
jacktripper -
Bick Koxer -

Holy shit. This is epic.  This is exactly what souljacker (who happens to be black) is talking about.  

You off the rip thought he had to be a white dude.  LOL. 

Edited: 23 days ago
12/18/09

^^^ya I thought he was white because there aren't many people who think SF is worse for racism than other cities unless they are white and victimy.  Honest mistake not really epic, but ya I’m not surprised he’s black there is plenty of racism here.   As I said earlier the city is practically segregated which is a condemnation of progressivism IMO.

Edited: 23 days ago
12/18/09
jacktripper -
Bick Koxer -
jacktripper -
Bick Koxer -

People shit on hannity but he seems to be right an awful lot (russia, Covington, Jussie, etc.. )

Do you have an accurate count of how many people you know are from any given city and if I did what is your point?  If you knew anything about the city you’d know most people there aren’t from there anyway.  What I dislike about “San Franciscans” (again if you can find one show me) is they tend to be angry and hateful 

and your list is laughable... piles of turds and needles aren’t beautiful and I don’t want to shock you but there are many areas of the world with “access to nature”

Diverse neighborhoods... Do you live in 1959 Peoria?  Most cities have these also

Nice (overpriced) restaurants?  Wow... definitely worth the crime rate 

I said avoid the 1/3 of the city that is overrun by homeless people and the rest is great.  

also, I didn’t say SF is off the charts in all those categories it’s the unique combination of natural beauty, access to nature along with the nightlife and diverse neighborhoods that you’d expect in any city that makes it great.  the crime isnt worse here than other cities. I will tell you it is fucking awesome to live in a major city where I can go surfing before work in the mornings and be in places like napa, squaw, mendocino within hours.  I avoid downtown at all costs and very easily avoid the idiotic progressives that drive me nuts and are ruining the place.

23 days ago
12/18/09
Souljacker -
Bick Koxer - 
Souljacker -
Bick Koxer - 
jacktripper -
Bick Koxer -

WTF no my wife and I teach our kids that their ethnicity has nothing to do with their failure or succes. It is just like last month when my son got a ticket, he got a ticket because he was speeding, not because he was black LOLOLOL

Got it.  Was thrown off by the comment I quoted.  

I get where you are coming from about SF in general.  I have been here decades and my wife and kids are natives.  I think about leaving regularly but my lifestyle here is hard to beat and we have a large community of great friends (who are not stereotypical Progressive nutcases’. I’ve had highly conservative friends and relatives visit here repeatedly and love it so I find the ‘SF must suck because it’s a liberal nuthouse’ narrative to be highly untrue but everyone has their own experiences.

22 days ago
1/1/01
Bick Koxer - 
Souljacker -
Bick Koxer - 
Souljacker -
Bick Koxer - 
jacktripper -
Bick Koxer -

Got it.  Was thrown off by the comment I quoted.  

I get where you are coming from about SF in general.  I have been here decades and my wife and kids are natives.  I think about leaving regularly but my lifestyle here is hard to beat and we have a large community of great friends (who are not stereotypical Progressive nutcases’. I’ve had highly conservative friends and relatives visit here repeatedly and love it so I find the ‘SF must suck because it’s a liberal nuthouse’ narrative to be highly untrue but everyone has their own experiences.

no worries, most people here love it which is fine but I have never liked it but I can lay my head anywhere and be happy. I went to college here and left, never thought I would ever come back and now its 24 years later. I am locked into my main job and my wife's business does fairly well, tough to just pick up and leave. Liberals are crazy here but I tell my kids all the time it is up to them to find their place and fit in. I am done it in a place I would rather not be. But things are getting so bad even reasonable liberals understand things can't keep going like this forever, we will see