OtherGround Forums School gives Autistic kid “Most Annoying” award

7 days ago
10/15/13

Is this kis part of 'regular' classes? Meaning is he in a special class, or is he sitting along side all of the non-Autistic kids? Rocking back and forth and having emotional breakdowns?

7 days ago
12/16/11

No need for "most annoying" to even be an award.

7 days ago
8/6/08
Joshinho -

You could argue they were just treating him like everyone else. I wonder how many non-autistic kids got that award the previous years? 

He’s nonverbal.

7 days ago
2/19/14
scrapdo -

That is MESSED UP that they made the kids eat at Golden Corral. That place is shit.

That's what i was thinking 

Edited: 7 days ago
2/19/14
rustyshakleford -

One of my best buddies has a severely autistic son and it’s so hard on him and his entire family . The amount of care and resources that go into caring for his son is intense. He can’t speak more than a few words and has constant outbursts . My buddy can’t do the the normal father son things and it tears him apart. His second marriage is in peril .

When this little boy comes over we do what we can to make him comfortable but it’s hard. 

I can’t buy him a birthday gift because he’s not really into anything . 

I don’t find anything annoying about him

I couldn't imagine.  Our daughter had cystic fibrosis.  Yes, there were times she was very sick and in the hospital,  yes there was a daily regimen of things she had to do for her disease,  taking a couple hours a day, and we lost her several years ago at 21. But she was a vibrant, beautiful young woman with SO many friends,  valedictorian of her high school class. And she and i had an amazing relationship,  an un believable father/daughter relationship. She was just so cool as shit to have as a child.

Couldn't imagine having a non-functional child that has to have 24 hour care. And as a father, it breaks my heart if that's his only son. 

Yea, i lost my daughter at 21, but you see situations like his, and i consider myself lucky.

7 days ago
10/15/13
eubie5 -
rustyshakleford -

One of my best buddies has a severely autistic son and it’s so hard on him and his entire family . The amount of care and resources that go into caring for his son is intense. He can’t speak more than a few words and has constant outbursts . My buddy can’t do the the normal father son things and it tears him apart. His second marriage is in peril .

When this little boy comes over we do what we can to make him comfortable but it’s hard. 

I couldn't imagine.  Our daughter had cystic fibrosis.  Yes, there were times she was very sick and in the hospital,  yes there was a daily regimen of things she had to do for her disease,  taking a couple hours a day, and we lost her several years ago at 21. But she was a vibrant, beautiful young woman with SO many friends,  valedictorian of her high school class. And she and i had an amazing relationship,  an un believable father/daughter relationship. She was just so cool as shit to have as a child.

Couldn't imagine having a non-functional child that has to have 24 hour care. And as a father, it breaks my heart if that's his only son. 

Yea, i lost my daughter at 21, but you see situations like his, and i consider myself lucky.

Internet hug man

7 days ago
5/3/03
Dashabox -
rustyshakleford -

I would have lost my shit. I’m super protective of my kids because my parents could give a shit.

I would have made their afternoon real annoying . 

"  I would have made their afternoon real annoying . "

Ah, gunning for the prize in 2020 already eh?  This man is a type-A personality.

Well, having been bullied as a kid growing up in the 80’s, both by family, kids and other grown ass “adults”, I guess you could say that I do have a type A personality , especially when it comes to kids being mistreated or bullied.

I AM that dude that looks out for kids.

Not ashamed one bit.

7 days ago
5/3/03
eubie5 -
rustyshakleford -

So sorry for your loss.So tragic. Having kids has changed my entire perspective on life and humanity .

I’m guessing some of the glib remarks on here are coming from non-parents.....

7 days ago
9/1/07
Autistic kids tend to be pretty smart. No doubt that kid knew exactly what was happening. My god, that's just heart breaking.
7 days ago
3/19/04
MrShush -

In the schools defense, autistic kids are really annoying.

lol  This is very Norm Macdonald.

7 days ago
3/19/04
eubie5 -
rustyshakleford -

Really sorry to learn about your loss eubie. Life can be unmerciful and brutal.

7 days ago
7/12/15
GeorgeCarlinUGTPTT -
MrShush -

In the autistic kids defense, fuck your mother.

She’s not really my type

7 days ago
7/12/15
TheMorg826 -
MrShush -

Fuck off

As long as it’s to a place with no autistic kids, I will totally fuck off.  

Did you know that lost autistic kids can’t tie knots?  That means they can’t tie shoelaces.  That means...they can’t pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

Aint got no time for that kind of tomfoolery.  It’s most likely an act for attention, anyway.  Like those transtesticles or whatever.  America was better off before all these autistics came along.  I wish they would be autistic in the privacy if their own home.  Their autisticness is disruptive, and i read its highly contagious.  I don’t want my kids to become retarded!

7 days ago
1/1/01

It's Gary, IN.

I'm surprised the school could afford awards.

It's also why they went to Golden Corral

7 days ago
1/1/01
MrShush - 
TheMorg826 -
MrShush -

Fuck off

Did you know that lost autistic kids can’t tie knots?  That means they can’t tie shoelaces.  That means...they can’t pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

Aint got no time for that kind of tomfoolery.  It’s most likely an act for attention, anyway.  Like those transtesticles or whatever.  America was better off before all these autistics came along.  I wish they would be autistic in the privacy if their own home.  Their autisticness is disruptive, and i read its highly contagious.  I don’t want my kids to become retarded!

I like this guy.

There needs to be a "no-fucking-sense-of-humorground" for some of you.

7 days ago
8/12/16
Soup and Beer -
MrShush - 
TheMorg826 -
MrShush -

Fuck off

I like this guy.

There needs to be a "no-fucking-sense-of-humorground" for some of you.

7 days ago
8/12/16
rustyshakleford -
Dashabox -
rustyshakleford -

I would have lost my shit. I’m super protective of my kids because my parents could give a shit.

I would have made their afternoon real annoying . 

"  I would have made their afternoon real annoying . "

Ah, gunning for the prize in 2020 already eh?  This man is a type-A personality.

Well, having been bullied as a kid growing up in the 80’s, both by family, kids and other grown ass “adults”, I guess you could say that I do have a type A personality , especially when it comes to kids being mistreated or bullied.

I AM that dude that looks out for kids.

Not ashamed one bit.

Just busting your balls because of your choice of words, considering the thread topic.

You have to look where you are and the people you are talking with, this is a locker room of sorts.  No need to take it so serious, this is how men have conversed for thousands of years and it is a good part of the reason that men don't have the level of drama that women do. 

7 days ago
5/3/03

Your last post, I got it, the first one , you could see where I would respond, 

If you had lead with the longer post, I’d have gotten it.

I’ve been here for a while I get it.

Kid stuff, just tugs  at me......

all good in the Hood.

7 days ago
2/22/13

Seeing as everyone is diagnosed autistic these days, I don't see the issue.

7 days ago
6/7/05
I feel like a lawsuit is in order. The kid has undoubtedly gotten worse as a result of the rejection he felt from learning about this. You cant even put a price on that kind of emotional damage, but you have to start somewhere, like $11.1mil
7 days ago
10/31/10
MrShush -

Wow 

well, you got me 

VTFU

Edited: 7 days ago
11/9/10

That the teacher participated is insane. There is no justification for that from an educator.

7 days ago
8/12/16
rustyshakleford -

Your last post, I got it, the first one , you could see where I would respond, 

If you had lead with the longer post, I’d have gotten it.

I’ve been here for a while I get it.

Kid stuff, just tugs  at me......

all good in the Hood.

Absolutely, I have a little one too, I get it.

I tear up all the time just from imaginary scenarios where my little girl either gets hurt or does something cute.  We love em so much that just imagining something like that can cause a man to get emotional.  No shame in my game either, enjoy your day!

7 days ago
4/24/07
Fake Pie - 
amadeus - 
David@accu -

The kid who was late to class the most got "Most Tardy". 

Not sure if this is a joke, but either way it’s hardly comparable.

Right over your head. And you made the same joke in the other thread Dave!

Joke refinement

6 days ago
1/24/16

The story is missing context. Maybe it was all in good fun and just a way to try and make him fit in with the normal kids.

Maybe other kids got similar "awards" But yeah facts don't matter when you guys get a chance to be outraged