OtherGround Forums Sci-tech symposium: No whites allowed

9/16/19 10:27 AM
3/27/03

Whites need not apply: Campus sci-tech symposium to only feature scholars of color

BRITTANY SLAUGHTER - LIBERTY UNIVERSITYSEPTEMBER 16, 2019

An upcoming science and technology symposium slated to take place at Williams College promises a unique feature: it will showcase “new” voices in the field, and those voices will only come from scholars of color.

“New Voices in Science and Technology Studies: A C3 Symposium,” set for early November at the private Massachusetts-based liberal arts university, invited scholars to submit papers if they represent a “historically underrepresented group.”

9/16/19 10:28 AM
3/27/03

The call for papers specifies that means either “African Americans, Alaska Natives, Arab Americans, Asian Americans, Latinx, Native Americans, Native Hawaiians, and other Pacific Islanders.”

Part of the application process asked applicants to write a couple sentences proving themselves as a member of a “historically underrepresented group.” Yet the application also provides an equal employment opportunity statement that people from all backgrounds are welcome.

9/16/19 10:32 AM
3/27/03

Btw who is stopping the latinx space program? (which would make for a spectacular comedy)   

9/16/19 10:33 AM
7/31/09

Gee I wonder why theres not more people of color. Maybe it has to do with the country being 76% white.

But theres not enough native Alaskans in the science fields!

Edited: 9/16/19 10:41 AM
10/14/12

9/16/19 11:05 AM
3/27/03

Do they do this shit in other countries?

9/16/19 11:16 AM
3/8/17

I would sue the fuck out of these clowns

9/16/19 11:18 AM
10/15/13
jacktripper -

Do they do this shit in other countries?

Nope.

For the most powerful, strongest, smartest nation in the history of the world, we sure are full of sensitve triggered faggots. 

9/16/19 11:20 AM
1/1/01

9/16/19 11:40 AM
1/5/11

Yup. My son was just ruled out of a 2 1/2 year national cancer institute collegiate internship with our cancer institution here in Boston.

He was denied because of national cancer institute equal opportunity standards. He cannot take part in the program because he is a white middle class kid.

Never mind the fact that he is a pretty bright kid that has wanted to do cancer research ever since he lost his sister to pediatric cancer. Never mind the fact that his mother is stage IV terminal. Let's just focus on the fact that he is a white kid, so this program won't take him.

How fucked up is that? I can say that I would guarantee that there is not a stronger applicant in his college, but doesn't matter because of his skin colour.

9/16/19 11:47 AM
6/29/09
Its past time for these shit laws to die out.....stand up on your own two feet or go extinct
9/16/19 11:47 AM
1/18/12

Yooo.

They keep providing the Gold.

Just a heads up for the people that get offended by the same shitty jokes everytime......

"Scholars of Color" is going into rotation...early and often.

9/16/19 11:51 AM
11/23/05

So the Sci Tech symposium will feature 100% students from China/India compared to the 95% students from China/India if they didn’t ban whites???

9/16/19 11:52 AM
1/9/02

"private Massachusetts-based liberal arts university"

^lol

they're predicting a quarter of these private colleges that specialize in underwater basket weaving will go out of buiness in the next 20 yrs.

9/16/19 11:53 AM
10/10/02

Anybody know of another race besides whites that hate their own and help usher along self extinction? 

9/16/19 11:54 AM
1/9/02
choadler -

Yup. My son was just ruled out of a 2 1/2 year national cancer institute collegiate internship with our cancer institution here in Boston.

He was denied because of national cancer institute equal opportunity standards. He cannot take part in the program because he is a white middle class kid.

Never mind the fact that he is a pretty bright kid that has wanted to do cancer research ever since he lost his sister to pediatric cancer. Never mind the fact that his mother is stage IV terminal. Let's just focus on the fact that he is a white kid, so this program won't take him.

How fucked up is that? I can say that I would guarantee that there is not a stronger applicant in his college, but doesn't matter because of his skin colour.

enraging

this doesn't actually happen though, according to the media and anyone that brings up examples is a white supremacist

9/16/19 11:56 AM
1/9/02
NKcell -

Anybody know of another race besides whites that hate their own and help usher along self extinction? 

white guilt is real

it will be gone soon but the anti-white racism against white ppl that has been drilled into the heads of brown ppl by the white leftists will remain

9/16/19 11:57 AM
12/13/09
choadler -

Damn, sorry dude. 

9/16/19 11:57 AM
1/1/01
choadler - 

This is so f********** messed up. 

9/16/19 12:06 PM
5/20/19
choadler -

Sorry but welcome to how it’s been for people of color for the past 400 years or longer.

9/16/19 12:08 PM
5/20/19

I get that these white exclusion groups are fucked up but do any of you think “wow this is how we treat colored folks since time immortal?” 

I mean you get mad, you get resentful. How do you think blacks feel that they could never be accepted to white programs and white country clubs no matter how hard they worked? It’s a fucked up feeling isn’t it?

9/16/19 12:09 PM
10/15/13
HoneyGlazedJinx -
choadler -

Sorry but welcome to how it’s been for people of color for the past 400 years or longer.

Holy fuck FUCK OFF ASSHOLE

Edited: 9/16/19 12:10 PM
1/9/02
HoneyGlazedJinx -

I get that these white exclusion groups are fucked up but do any of you think “wow this is how we treat colored folks since time immortal?” 

I mean you get mad, you get resentful. How do you think blacks feel that they could never be accepted to white programs and white country clubs no matter how hard they worked? It’s a fucked up feeling isn’t it?

if its so fucked up why are they trying to do it back to us?

just tell us if you want us to be second class citizens for the next 400 yrs as revenge and we can go to war now.

9/16/19 12:10 PM
4/6/12
HoneyGlazedJinx -
choadler -

Feel free to tell us all the times you or your kids were denied educational programs because you were hispanic

9/16/19 12:14 PM
4/6/12
HoneyGlazedJinx -

No.

I've never treated anyone of color this way

No one of color in my generation has been treated this way. In fact, it's been easier for students of color to get into more prominent schools than it has been for whites.

Show me these white country clubs and schools that have continued to exclude people of color since the civil rights acts. I'll wait