OtherGround Forums Science announces global warming cycle over

Edited: 13 days ago
9/19/13

It’s almost like science is Dr. Evil and he’s laughing at you.

“The sun's weather, which follows an 11-year activity cycle, is a vital phenomenon to predict because its whims impact life and and around Earth, sometimes with devastating consequences.”

https://www.space.com/amp/sun-weather-solar-cycle-25-began-quiet-predictions.html

13 days ago
6/3/09

You should try reading the article before posting about it. 

13 days ago
11/21/05

Uh..did you read the article you just posted?

13 days ago
3/15/06

Come on, sun.

13 days ago
9/19/13
dhughes -

Uh..did you read the article you just posted?

Uh do you understand the concept of inferring?

13 days ago
7/14/17

I have a feeling you didn't read the article 

13 days ago
7/14/17

For the record, I didn't read it either. I'm just giving you shit. 

13 days ago
9/19/13
Curtis_E_Bare -

You mean like this part?

”The sun's weather, which follows an 11-year activity cycle, is a vital phenomenon to predict because its whims impact life and and around Earth, sometimes with devastating consequences.”

13 days ago
6/3/09
oranos -
Curtis_E_Bare -

You mean like this part?

”The sun's weather, which follows an 11-year activity cycle, is a vital phenomenon to predict because its whims impact life and and around Earth, sometimes with devastating consequences.”

I mean all of it.

13 days ago
9/19/13
Curtis_E_Bare -
oranos -
Curtis_E_Bare -

You mean like this part?

I mean all of it.

You don’t even fucking know what you mean. You are just rolling your face on the keyboard looking for attention.

13 days ago
11/21/05
oranos - 
Curtis_E_Bare -

You mean like this part?

I can't tell if you are joking.  The impact is not to the warming of earth.  These are 11 year cycles of activity that determine the amount of solar activity - in particular, flares which affect electronics on earth but moreso the electronics on satellites.

It also affects the amount of radiation received by astronauts.

It has nothing to do with global warming.

13 days ago
8/1/13

12 days ago
9/19/13
dhughes -
oranos - 
Curtis_E_Bare -

You mean like this part?

I can't tell if you are joking.  The impact is not to the warming of earth.  These are 11 year cycles of activity that determine the amount of solar activity - in particular, flares which affect electronics on earth but moreso the electronics on satellites.

Yep. You clearly dont understand the concept of inferring.

12 days ago
6/3/09
oranos -
Curtis_E_Bare -
oranos -
Curtis_E_Bare -

You mean like this part?

I mean all of it.

You don’t even fucking know what you mean. You are just rolling your face on the keyboard looking for attention.

If one of us is looking for attention, smart money is on the one that created the thread and completely misrepresented the content of the linked article.

12 days ago
12/31/17

La Nina this year, I expect to hear a lot about how this weather means the climate isnt changing.

12 days ago
8/29/09

So this means that we can stop the sun from being angry by switching from plastic straws wrapped in paper, to paper straws wrapped in plastic.  Because that's what we did, and that's what happened.

And people laughed at the whole straw thing.

Who's laughing now, deniers?  

12 days ago
4/24/07
dhughes - 
oranos - 
Curtis_E_Bare -

You mean like this part?

It is but it isn't. A more active sun can raise temps here on Earth. It's not always a constant but it does happen. This article wasn't meant to explain this though. It was meant to explain exactly what we all read.
12 days ago
1/1/01

12 days ago
1/1/01

12 days ago
12/29/06

My Astronomy professor said much the same thing about the Sun's cycle (11 years) is just as important as the effect of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere and other things so he said you can't be sure until you see the cycle play out some more and find out.

I don't know what the article said, I'm just saying that he said the cycle is a major effect on global warming or climate change ideas.

12 days ago
11/21/05
WidespreadPanic - 

My Astronomy professor said much the same thing about the Sun's cycle (11 years) is just as important as the effect of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere and other things so he said you can't be sure until you see the cycle play out some more and find out.

I don't know what the article said, I'm just saying that he said the cycle is a major effect on global warming or climate change ideas.

Bad news then since we are beginning the next active phase.  So the earth should get warmer over the next 6 years in that case.

12 days ago
6/14/12

thread fail

12 days ago
1/1/01
CuddleBug - 

Come on, sun.

This deserves some recognition

12 days ago
11/21/19

Most Retarded OGer Contest Winners:

1. Oranos

2. KimSchlong

3. Nytron

12 days ago
2/5/05
oranos -
dhughes -
oranos - 
Curtis_E_Bare -

You mean like this part?

Yep. You clearly dont understand the concept of inferring.

If inferring is equivalent to just making up shit about things that you have zero understanding of, you’ve got that on total lock down.