OtherGround Forums Serious: Do you feel betrayed by Trump re Capitol

5 days ago
10/1/16
Ashli Babbitt literally gave her life because she truly believed our way of life was under attack by democrats who rigged the election.

No matter where you stand politically, the fact that she took action in the face of an attack (whether true or not) on one of our nation's most sacred rights, the right to a free a fair election.

But after wrapping herself in a Trump flag and storming the capitol to effect change, she was gunned down. Then, to add insult to her fatal injury, Trump says she was un-American.

Does anyone feel a sense of betrayal by that? For someone to give their life for your cause and then you casually throw them under the bus like that?
5 days ago
11/5/19
false
5 days ago
5/3/01

-_-

5 days ago
10/15/13

Hey OP, please post the quote where TRUMP said that.

Thanks in advance

5 days ago
11/19/08

5 days ago
10/1/16
"The demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol have defiled the seat of American democracy.To those who engaged in the acts of violence and destruction, you do not represent our country."

Of course Ashli never heard that. But she did hear what he said before she tried to take her country back.

"We’re going to have to fight much harder...because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”

5 days ago
1/1/01
Flavorful - "The demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol have defiled the seat of American democracy.To those who engaged in the acts of violence and destruction, you do not represent our country."

Of course Ashli never heard that. But she did hear what he said before she tried to take her country back.

"We’re going to have to fight much harder...because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”

Now post the entire context, because I very much doubt that Trump was advocating for physical violence.

5 days ago
1/1/01

So now you are advocating for a violent takeover?

lmao it sounds like OP is a radical right winger.

5 days ago
4/17/06
the silent majority has spoken, your boy lost, STILL no proof of voter fraud, stop already
5 days ago
11/1/03

I was more dismayed by his call for 'action' from the right. To me it's not illegal but the odds of violence flairing up was not worth the benefits. When his legal efforts failed there was no path to reelection. The fact that a cop was killed is terrible. The woman put herself in the line of fire, i feel bad she died but i don't blame anyone else for her death.

5 days ago
2/11/03
paw - 
Flavorful - "The demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol have defiled the seat of American democracy.To those who engaged in the acts of violence and destruction, you do not represent our country."

Now post the entire context, because I very much doubt that Trump was advocating for physical violence.

IT doesn't matter if he doesn't say it directly. When you put the idea of something malicious happening and you are leading, bad things will happen. Its naive to think words dont matter here, cause they definitely did for trumps fanatics.
5 days ago
1/24/08
Literally every person who signed the Declaration of Independence was considered treasonous and radical at the time. History will eventually shake it all out
5 days ago
6/12/13

Do you think half of the noodle armed and blue haired blm crackers that have been rioting for months really care about black people?

Edited: 5 days ago
3/25/20

Freedom of speech being taken away right before our eyes..sure to be followed by other rights being taken away...and here is op making this retarded thread

5 days ago
8/15/07
What occurred at the Capitol is EXACTLY what the Founding Fathers had in mind.
5/3/01
Soul Gravy - What occurred at the Capitol is EXACTLY what the Founding Fathers had in mind.

you mean the institutional fortitude of the nation they designed to ensure the putting down of a petty uprising by a group of easily manipulated peons thanks to the flimsy misinformation and desperate power politics of a populist huckster?

yeah, i'd say they were pretty spot on when they identified that possiblity and layered any number of protections against that in the founding documents.

5 days ago
5/3/01
Isaac298 - 
paw - 

IT doesn't matter if he doesn't say it directly. When you put the idea of something malicious happening and you are leading, bad things will happen. Its naive to think words dont matter here, cause they definitely did for trumps fanatics.

there's also who's speaking for you. if guliani's your guy and he's using the words "trial by combat" at the same rally you're calling for a march to the capital for a "show of strength", you bear some respsonsibility the total messaging.

5 days ago
9/13/11

America is about 3 months away from its full transition into Ralph Wiggum, you all contributed.

5 days ago
3/4/18
paw - 

Yes, why would anyone doubt the purity of Trump's motives at this point, after he has demonstrated them over and over again?

5 days ago
3/25/20
Peixes -
Isaac298 - 
paw - 

there's also who's speaking for you. if guliani's your guy and he's using the words "trial by combat" at the same rally you're calling for a march to the capital for a "show of strength", you bear some respsonsibility the total messaging.

You talk like you trust politicians and they aren't completely full of shit and didn't create this along with media. Maybe people were fed up with summer riots, defund the police, getting freedom of speech  censored and don't want that havok that is about to come. Everything liberals do is ok for you though. you don't think  guns are about to be taken?...I predict within a few months they will try to pack the court in order to do so after some lunatic goes on a shooting spree involving a politician. That is all it will take for dems if they are in control

5 days ago
3/4/18
garythekid - 

^^^ the right's disinfo

The reality:

3/25/20
Sam miller -
garythekid - 

^^^ the right's disinfo

The reality:

I member. He was quiet for months until polls said it was negative to dems. Then he and don lemon said stop. This is why people like you are a joke on this board. You condemn one side but not the other. 

5 days ago
1/1/01
Soul Gravy - What occurred at the Capitol is EXACTLY what the Founding Fathers had in mind.

The founding fathers would have said that a bunch of gullible people were duped by misinformation and tried to overturn a democratically sound election, because that's what really happened.

The Capitol was stormed under the false premise that there was widespread consiprational fraud, of which to date there is no conclusive evidence presented.

5 days ago
5/3/01
alexm41 - 
Peixes -
Isaac298 - 
paw - 

You talk like you trust politicians and they aren't completely full of shit and didn't create this along with media. Maybe people were fed up with summer riots, defund the police, getting freedom of speech  censored and don't want that havok that is about to come. Everything liberals do is ok for you though. you don't think  guns are about to be taken?...I predict within a few months they will try to pack the court in order to do so after some lunatic goes on a shooting spree involving a politician. That is all it will take for dems if they are in control

brother, you are literally out of your fucking mind

5 days ago
1/1/01

Trump never said the girl was un American