OtherGround Forums So, questions about ordering MJ seeds

2 days ago
9/13/19

So you guys recommended some good sites, thanks so much. Follow up questions:

1. So as long as you don't possess more than 2 ounces of pot in Texas it is a Class B Misdeamor apprarently - up to 180 days in jail, $2,000 fine. What are the chances, even if the state found the seeds in the mail, that they would actually go for jail time for someone with absolutely no criminal record and a model citizen by all accounts?

2. It looks like you can buy at most places 1, 3, 5 or more seeds. How many seeds would it generally take before one went above 2 ounces? I definitely don't want to go above 2 ounces.

3. What kinds of seeds should I get? Not the particular brands or whatever (Renato mentioned some of these) but really the type.
Feminized, autoflower? I am a complete beginner. I want to have a plant that is relatively easy to grow and what not. If I get femminized will it produce seeds so that I can make other weed plants in the future?

Thanks so much, this pot stuff is interesting as hell, SO many different varieties and what not!!!

2 days ago
9/13/19
BUMP!!!
2 days ago
9/13/19
For the love of GAWD, bump!!
2 days ago
12/2/09

Laziest....yenno...

2 days ago
2/25/15

Somebody help the poor guy out 

2 days ago
10/12/15

What's your budget because good genetics ain't cheap

100-300 USD for 10-12 seeds

2 days ago
2/28/12
1 seed is considered 8oz of cannabis for law enforcement purposes in texas, bud...
1 day ago
9/13/19
Green Vermonster - 1 seed is considered 8oz of cannabis for law enforcement purposes in texas, bud...

What the FUK?!?!? Where are you seeing this Green V? I googled tons of stuff and not seeing that, at all. In fact, what I found said the OPPOSITE, basically no crime AT ALL buying or possessing a naked seed:

https://www.growerschoiceseeds.com/cannabis-seeds-delivery-areas/texas-cannabis-seeds/

Can I get weed seeds in Texas?
Living in Texas and looking to purchase weed seeds? The answer is simple: shop online with Growers Choice Cannabis Seeds. Our catalog features a selection of carefully cultivated cannabis seeds, all hand-picked and inspected before being carefully packaged and shipped to your door. Both medical and recreational users can purchase from Growers Choice, as cannabis seeds are considered an adult novelty item and there is no penalty attached to owning them.

https://www.lawyers.com/ask-a-lawyer/criminal/are-weed-seeds-illegal-in-texas-1571086.html

Are weed seeds illegal in Texas?
Asked on Oct 25th, 2012 on Criminal Law - Texas
More details to this question:
A few seeds of weed were found in my car when it was searched to be impounded. However, under Texas law, seeds are not considered drug paraphernalia, because, in order to be drug paraphernalia, the items seized must be used to introduce drugs into your system. Clearly, marijuana seeds do not meet this definition. Furthermore, possession of marijuana seeds is not prohibited under the general marijuana possession statute. In fact, when a person is charged with possession of marijuana in Texas the law requires that the seeds and stems be removed before the weed is weighed.

https://bncriminallaw.com/blog/2012/01/04/welcome-to-our-new-website/

This year is starting off with a bang. Recently, we represented a client in the City of Garland Municipal Court who was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. He was alleged to have possessed marijuana seeds, which the police state they found during a routine traffic stop. However, under Texas law, seeds are not considered drug paraphernalia, because, in order to be drug paraphernalia, the items seized must be used to introduce drugs into your system. Clearly, marijuana seeds do not meet this definition. Furthermore, possession of marijuana seeds is not prohibited under the general marijuana possession statute. In fact, when a person is charged with possession of marijuana in Texas (whether it be the City of Garland Municipal Court, or elsewhere), the law requires that the seeds and stems be removed before the weed is weighed. Hence, he could not prosecuted under that law, either.

Where are you seeing what you said, and in particular that a seed is considered to be 8oz? It would surely be a small, small fraction of that!

Thanks as always Green V!!!

1 day ago
9/13/19
Well, shit, I found this in the Texas Controlled Substances Act:

(26) "Marihuana" means the plant Cannabis sativa L., whether growing or not, *****the seeds of that plant*****, and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of that plant or its seeds. The term does not include:

(A) the resin extracted from a part of the plant or a compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the resin;

(B) the mature stalks of the plant or fiber produced from the stalks;

(C) oil or cake made from the seeds of the plant;

(D) a compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the mature stalks, fiber, oil, or cake;

(E) the sterilized seeds of the plant that are incapable of beginning germination; or

(F) hemp, as that term is defined by Section 121.001, Agriculture Code.

Still, I'm not seeing ANYTHING where one seed is deemed to be 8 ounces lol. And at 2oz or less its just a class B misdeamenor. And one could obtain a TON of seeds at one time and have it be waaaaay less than 2oz:

https://www.answers.com/Q/How_much_does_a_marijuana_seed_weigh

It takes over say 70 seeds to equal a gram, and a gram is equal to .035 ounces!!!
1 day ago
6/10/03

If you know what you are doing one seed can harvest well over two oz. i would routinely get 2 oz and i dont know shit and used CFL lights. 

i thought as long as the seeds weren’t germinated they were OK but that might just be here in Hawaii

1 day ago
8/27/11
PwnedCakes - Well, shit, I found this in the Texas Controlled Substances Act:

(26) "Marihuana" means the plant Cannabis sativa L., whether growing or not, *****the seeds of that plant*****, and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of that plant or its seeds. The term does not include:

(A) the resin extracted from a part of the plant or a compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the resin;

(D) a compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the mature stalks, fiber, oil, or cake;

(E) the sterilized seeds of the plant that are incapable of beginning germination; or

Still, I'm not seeing ANYTHING where one seed is deemed to be 8 ounces lol. And at 2oz or less its just a class B misdeamenor. And one could obtain a TON of seeds at one time and have it be waaaaay less than 2oz:

It takes over say 70 seeds to equal a gram, and a gram is equal to .035 ounces!!!

He’s fucking with you. A seed is considered paraphernalia (Class C Ticket) AT MOST. Most cops won’t give a shit. 

As far as the plant, Texas does take the total weight into account, but it’s dried out first. But with the whole plant the weight still adds up pretty quickly. 

My advice, grow a few seeds for a user amount. NEVER carry it on your person or in your vehicle, don’t tell anyone about it, and don’t sell it. You’ll be fine. 

1 day ago
11/21/19

1 day ago
9/13/19
Charles Barkley - 
PwnedCakes - Well, shit, I found this in the Texas Controlled Substances Act:

He’s fucking with you. A seed is considered paraphernalia (Class C Ticket) AT MOST. Most cops won’t give a shit. 

As far as the plant, Texas does take the total weight into account, but it’s dried out first. But with the whole plant the weight still adds up pretty quickly. 

My advice, grow a few seeds for a user amount. NEVER carry it on your person or in your vehicle, don’t tell anyone about it, and don’t sell it. You’ll be fine. 

Thanks you Charles Barkley! Dang, I thought Green V was one of the good ones. Got him added to my very long, and growing, troll list.

Good advice, indeed!
1 day ago
9/13/19
surf2live - 

If you know what you are doing one seed can harvest well over two oz. i would routinely get 2 oz and i dont know shit and used CFL lights. 

i thought as long as the seeds weren’t germinated they were OK but that might just be here in Hawaii

Good to know!

Does anyone know if feminized plants can produce seeds to grow more plants? Or I'll have to get regular (non-feminized) plants for that?

Thanks!!!
1 day ago
12/24/10

You need a clone and a good one. If you get one that is super legit it is not cheap

1 day ago
9/13/19
LukeJitsu - 

What's your budget because good genetics ain't cheap

100-300 USD for 10-12 seeds

I have pretty much an unlimited budget, but I NEVER like spending a lot for the muffler. I was thinking about these, feminized, autoflower, and only $17 for 3 seeds:

https://www.truenorthseedbank.com/ak-automatic-feminized-seeds-blimburn-seeds

Thoughts?
1 day ago
9/13/19
phatcat - 

You need a clone and a good one. If you get one that is super legit it is not cheap

Why a clone and not seeds phatcat? I've been growing regular veggie/fruit seeds using a aquaponics/hydroponics set up, and they sprout and grow like crazy. And from my research the same techniques seem good for cannabis, no?

Thanks!
1 day ago
9/13/19
Oh, and I think actually that possessing seeds in Texas is probably NOT illegal, check it - the statute says this:

Except as authorized by this chapter, a person commits an offense if the person knowingly or intentionally possesses a usable quantity of marihuana.

Do you see that "posses a USABLE quantity"? Well, USABLE has to mean usable in the sense to get you high or whatever. The seeds can't get you high. 100% LEGAL!!!!!
1 day ago
9/13/19
Combine this fact, along with my breakthrough research regarding grafting MJ flowers onto non-MJ plants, and you could basically have your own forrest of weed and only worry about getting into misdeamenor type trouble... BREAKTHROUGH!!!!
Edited: 1 day ago
5/20/10

Just get 6 feminized seeds and throw em in a tent under a 600W MH for 18 hours/day for 4-6 weeks, then swap to a 1kW HPS, 12hr/day for 8. Indica generally produces greater yields.  

1 day ago
5/20/10

You’ll also want a good exhaust system tied to a carbon filter to keep things cool and prevent smell. 

1 day ago
2/7/03

When did Charles Barkley learn how to type real sentences? 

1 day ago
9/13/19
slm181 - 

Just get 6 feminized seeds and throw em in a tent under a 600W MH for 18 hours/day for 4-6 weeks, then swap to a 1kW HPS, 12hr/day for 8. Indica generally produces greater yields.  

Thanks slm!!! What is an MH? And HPS? And any reason why I could just do it in my (just beginning) aquaponics indoor setup with enough lighting?

And the smell - will they have a strong smell just growing? Fuk I hope not, my girl will catch that in a heartbeat and kill me lol.
1 day ago
9/13/19
bump!!!!!
1 day ago
12/1/12

Stick to one thread dumb fuck. Nobody wants you spreading your retardation over multiple threads about the same thing.