OtherGround Forums Special Counsel for Trump/Russia Megathread

7/19/18 8:53 PM
12/5/17

That might be computer generated or written from a template.

7/19/18 8:54 PM
11/5/16
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
PeterNorth - 

Boom!!! https://truepundit.com/fbi-lisa-page-dimes-out-top-fbi-officials-during-classified-house-testimony-bureau-bosses-covered-up-evidence-china-hacked-hillarys-top-secret-emails/

I used True Pundit in a different thread a while back to walk-through an infosphere of bullshit. Their Investigative Bureau reports -- check the byline -- read like tabloid fiction.

Give it some time, we will see.

Edited: 7/19/18 8:59 PM
12/5/17

Re: rob & Hammer's discussion on FARA. The DOJ claims the focus on that is going to be part of a fivefold response to combat 'malign foreign influence'. From the fact sheet:

Aggressively investigating and prosecuting criminal activity where appropriate, and
promoting compliance with, and punishing violations of, the Foreign Agents Registration
Act (FARA).

7/19/18 11:23 PM
12/5/17
Hammerstein -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 

That might be computer generated or written from a template.

Perhaps translated from another language?

I want to know more about these ironically Chinese hackers.

i swear some of TP’s writers’ sources are Russian. 

Yeah — that was striking me too. Probably ze Russians.

7/19/18 11:29 PM
12/5/17
Hammerstein -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 

^ Yep. Thanks. 

Two reasons: wondering if Coats, at 75, is another John Brennan likely forwarding classified documents to his AOL account, or if he might actually be savvy when it comes to cyber warfare. 

& wondering if these quotes popping up on Twitter are fair within the context of the interview. 

He put out a statement the other day re-affirming the intelligence re: Russia without consulting the White House. He might be on the chopping block. 

NoNeed4aScreenName -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
Im going to assume this is the clip you wanted to see
“Say that again?!”
“Ooookay.”
“That’s gonna be special.”
On the #AspenSecurity stage, DNI Dan Coats reacts in realtime to news that Vladimir Putin???? will visit the White House????. pic.twitter.com/aGeeBJ8k4d

— The Aspen Institute (@AspenInstitute) July 19, 2018

^ Yep. Thanks.

Two reasons: wondering if Coats, at 75, is another John Brennan likely forwarding classified documents to his AOL account, or if he might actually be savvy when it comes to cyber warfare.

& wondering if these quotes popping up on Twitter are fair within the context of the interview.

He put out a statement the other day re-affirming the intelligence re: Russia without consulting the White House. He might be on the chopping block.

The bit about Putin going to the White House is at the very end, after all the other questions. The quotes are accurate and in context, said while laughing.

Interestingly, earlier in the interview she asks about his reaction to finding out about Kislyak and Lavrov going into the Oval Office, and he says it probably wasn't the best thing to do and that he's not aware of anything like that since. He then says you have to understand that Trump didn't come through the system, that he came from 'outside' - which would seem to imply that it was a decision based in ignorance in his opinion. If it were a different kind of interview, I would have liked seeing her refer back to that for a fresh take.

I think we’ll have a new director of national intelligence soon. 

I’m not on board with the reactions to Putin visiting the WH. Coats’ reaction is relevant obviously, but that’s not controversial. You can meet with a head of state in D.C. while they’re waging an information war against you. 

7/20/18 8:41 AM
12/5/17
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 

Rosenstein speaking on 'malign foreign influence operations'. Announces first Cyber-Digital Task Force Report.

Announcement: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/attorney-general-sessions-announces-publication-cyber-digital-task-force-report

Report: https://justice.gov/cyberreport

Fact Sheet: https://www.justice.gov/file/1081871/download

'Chapter 1 explains what foreign influence operations are and describes how foreign adversaries have used these operations to target our Nation’s democratic processes, including our elections.  It concludes by describing the Department’s efforts to protect the 2018 midterm elections and announces a new Department policy that governs the disclosure of foreign influence operations.

Chapters 2 and 3 discuss other significant cyber threats, particularly those relating to sophisticated cybercrime schemes, and describes how the Department is deploying its capabilities to combat them.  Chapter 4 focuses on the role of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in responding to cyber incidents.  Chapter 5 describes the Department’s efforts to recruit and train qualified personnel on cyber matters.  Chapter 6 concludes the report by identifying certain priority policy matters and charting a path for the Task Force’s future work.'

Bump for Mr. Peepers

7/20/18 5:27 PM
2/4/09

Will this actually happen today and will I be reading black pages?!

7/20/18 5:48 PM
12/5/17
NoNeed4aScreenName -

Will this actually happen today and will I be reading black pages?!

Apparently they sent them via FedEx today. Heh... So we’ll have to wait for some of the folks to receive them. Not sure if they opted for a Saturday priority  shipping or if that will be Monday.

Anything related to sources, methods, classified info or something that might compromise an active investigation will be redacted. Good chance they just sent black construction paper to save on ink.

7/20/18 6:15 PM
12/5/17

^ Although Steele is obviously blown as as a source, so it should reference that without redaction. 

7/20/18 6:18 PM
12/5/17

7/20/18 6:19 PM
12/5/17

7/20/18 6:20 PM
12/5/17

Mueller still on the Stone hunt apparently. CNN claims he is somehow godfather to that plastic-surgery-gone-wrong’s son.

7/20/18 6:21 PM
4/24/12

Any chance that was not actually a women at birth?

7/20/18 6:29 PM
12/5/17
Lazer MMA -

Any chance that was not actually a women at birth?

Fair chance

7/20/18 6:34 PM
2/4/09

Wonder if this has any merit as well now that this appears to be heading to subpoena stone 

7/20/18 7:46 PM
12/5/17
NoNeed4aScreenName - 

Wonder if this has any merit as well now that this appears to be heading to subpoena stone 

No idea. I'd be thinking hack-and-leak indictment and a plane ride to the U.S. if that's true.

Simonyan on The Circus:

Edited: 7/21/18 2:15 AM
12/5/17
Hammerstein - 
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus - 

Mueller still on the Stone hunt apparently. CNN claims he is somehow godfather to that plastic-surgery-gone-wrong’s son.

Stone would be a pretty big fish considering his role. I should think he has a ton of info on what went on during the crucial time periods.

Hrm... I was going to mention that Stone quit the campaign early and had some unofficial roles.

That's actually pretty interesting though:

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/sources-roger-stone-quit-wasnt-fired-by-donald-trump-in-campaign-shakeup-121177

August, 2015 media reporting where Stone claims he quit, and the Trump camp claims he was booted.

But he was meeting with "Henry Greenberg" in May, 2016 and messaging with "Guccifer 2.0" in August and September.

Safe to say that no matter what he accomplished that he was clearly still playing a behind-the-scenes role, and one that might fit a dirty trickster? I wouldn't be surprised if his shadow-role was established back in 2015 right before he put on some theatrics about leaving the campaign.

----------------------

But as always... I don't buy too far into the reporting. We can be sure he's of interest though. & if he gets indicted it will likely be for a few "firework" crimes that would meet the bar of what many people think this investigation is about.

7/20/18 8:17 PM
2/4/09
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
NoNeed4aScreenName - 

No idea. I'd be thinking hack-and-leak indictment and a plane ride to the U.S. if that's true.

Simonyan on The Circus:

7/20/18 8:43 PM
12/5/17
NoNeed4aScreenName - 
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
NoNeed4aScreenName - 

Simonyan on The Circus:

Hrm. That adds some credibility. & Sessions & Pompeo did indeed make those vows. Sessions said it would be a DOJ priority back in April 2017 iirc. Pompeo called WikiLeaks a hostile intelligence service.

& I think he's right.

But I also think charging Assange with a crime, depending on what it might be, is going to be incredibly controversial. It will be a landmark legal case whatever happens.

&...

Assange is my pick for the what-the-fuck-is-Marcy-talking-about pool. & I think it's absolutely possible that he gets indicted by the office of the special counsel directly, or at least some of their work would be referred to the DOJ national security division for prosecution.

7/20/18 8:49 PM
2/4/09
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
NoNeed4aScreenName - 
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
NoNeed4aScreenName - 

Simonyan on The Circus:

Hrm. That adds some credibility. & Sessions & Pompeo did indeed make those vows. Sessions said it would be a DOJ priority back in April 2017 iirc. Pompeo called WikiLeaks a hostile intelligence service.

& I think he's right.

But I also think charging Assange with a crime, depending on what it might be, is going to be incredibly controversial. It will be a landmark legal case whatever happens.

&...

Assange is my pick for the what-the-fuck-is-Marcy-talking-about pool. & I think it's absolutely possible that he gets indicted by the office of the special counsel directly, or at least some of their work would be referred to the DOJ national security division for prosecution.

I'm going to assume to could also be someone that might work with wikileaks as well with whom she was in contact with. 

I also guess it would depend if you consider Assange to be a "journalist" or not

7/20/18 8:49 PM
6/22/13

The Lord's work is being done in this thread... keep it up and hope you all have a great weekend!    

Edited: 7/20/18 8:55 PM
2/4/09

Hoping some of her testiomony leaks. I think she thought she was going to appear before the house intel as well but I think it was only the senate? I could be mistaken

edited to add this one as well 

7/20/18 8:55 PM
12/5/17
NoNeed4aScreenName - 
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
NoNeed4aScreenName - 
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
NoNeed4aScreenName - 

Simonyan on The Circus:

& I think he's right.

&...

I'm going to assume to could also be someone that might work with wikileaks as well with whom she was in contact with. 

I also guess it would depend if you consider Assange to be a "journalist" or not

Correct. & he is something of a journalist for sure. So that might rule him out. He's really the only person I can think of that makes sense and is worth all of the fucking dramatization, but I suppose that I might just not be in the loop.

I've had a crush on WikiLeaks' Sarah Harrison for years. Doubt she's in contact with Wheeler though.

7/20/18 9:08 PM
12/5/17
NoNeed4aScreenName - 

Hoping some of her testiomony leaks. I think she thought she was going to appear before the house intel as well but I think it was only the senate? I could be mistaken

She was working with the House Democrats on the HPSCI. The Republicans are done with that.

I have a much different read on Simona. If you watch her clips on Tucker recently, MSNBC -- what's your read? Also, what do we think she was saying to the HPSCI?

7/20/18 9:21 PM
2/4/09
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
NoNeed4aScreenName - 

She was working with the House Democrats on the HPSCI. The Republicans are done with that.

I have a much different read on Simona. If you watch her clips on Tucker recently, MSNBC -- what's your read? Also, what do we think she was saying to the HPSCI?

tried to watch the vid but it was posted on youtube and claimed it was taken down by user. 

Not sure why a tucker carlson vid would be taken down. I'll search for another link.