Spider man is back in the mcu.
According to the new deal Disney wants:
- A 6-picture deal with Tom Holland, with an option for a 7th.
- There are three more Spider-Man films after Spider-Man 3, which will be a new trilogy.
- The second trilogy will focus on Peter Parker's college years including plans for Peter to meet up and team up with Firestar and Ice Man of the X-Men (based in part on the old Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends cartoon).
- The other three movies are two Avengers films in which Spider-Man will have a larger role and become friends with Johnny Storm (Human Torch from the Fantastic Four).
- Marvel Studios will helm and co-finance all Spider-Man related movies for 30% of the full profits (Disney previously wanted 50%, but Sony said no, which led to the talks falling apart).
- Sony would distribute, but Disney will acquire exclusive digital and online rights for Disney Plus and affiliated TV networks.
- Marvel Studios will helm and co-finance SpiderVerse live-action spinoffs under the same terms.
- Venom will relocate into the MCU.
- Sony will be given permission for TV live-action programs based on SpiderVerse properties (Sony only has film rights to Spider-Man, but needs permission from Disney for TV rights)
- Disney wants the deal to be done before Saturday's Marvel panel at D23 Expo.
- Spider-Man is also said to be a part of a D23 Expo panel.
Sorry if there's already a thread, I didn't see it useling basic search terms relating to the topic