OtherGround Forums Spider man back in mcu

23 days ago
4/6/12

https://cosmicbook.news/spider-man-deal-7-movies-avengers

Spider man is back in the mcu.

According to the new deal Disney wants:

- A 6-picture deal with Tom Holland, with an option for a 7th.

- There are three more Spider-Man films after Spider-Man 3, which will be a new trilogy.

- The second trilogy will focus on Peter Parker's college years including plans for Peter to meet up and team up with Firestar and Ice Man of the X-Men (based in part on the old Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends cartoon).

- The other three movies are two Avengers films in which Spider-Man will have a larger role and become friends with Johnny Storm (Human Torch from the Fantastic Four).

- Marvel Studios will helm and co-finance all Spider-Man related movies for 30% of the full profits (Disney previously wanted 50%, but Sony said no, which led to the talks falling apart).

- Sony would distribute, but Disney will acquire exclusive digital and online rights for Disney Plus and affiliated TV networks.

- Marvel Studios will helm and co-finance SpiderVerse live-action spinoffs under the same terms.  

- Venom will relocate into the MCU.

- Sony will be given permission for TV live-action programs based on SpiderVerse properties (Sony only has film rights to Spider-Man, but needs permission from Disney for TV rights)

- Disney wants the deal to be done before Saturday's Marvel panel at D23 Expo.

- Spider-Man is also said to be a part of a D23 Expo panel.

Sorry if there's already a thread, I didn't see it useling basic search terms relating to the topic

23 days ago
7/26/07
Hah, Sony got sat down, apparently
23 days ago
4/6/12
Chimonos Revenge - Hah, Sony got sat down, apparently

Fuck, i didn't include "rumor". Im not sure this is done

23 days ago
7/26/07
TheDorkKnight - 

Fuck, i didn't include "rumor". Im not sure this is done

ahh, alright
23 days ago
3/1/10

All these grown adults crying over this shit a few days ago was hilarious. Get a grip you faggots.

Regardless of what the final deal entails, this conclusion was always inevitable. Way too much $$$ on the table not to come to terms.

Disney leaking out that Spider-Man was gone from MCU was just a way to speed up negotiations and put public pressure on all parties (mostly Sony) to come to a new agreement.

23 days ago
1/1/01
VTCO - 

All these grown adults crying over this shit a few days ago was hilarious. Get a grip you faggots.

Regardless of what the final deal entails, this conclusion was always inevitable. Way too much $$$ on the table not to come to terms.

Disney leaking out that Spider-Man was gone from MCU was just a way to speed up negotiations and put public pressure on all parties (mostly Sony) to come to a new agreement.

I like the cut of your jib.

No, really.

We're probably a lot alike. I love confrontation, so I also will precede a salient point with inflammatory declarations.

"You silly, slack-jawed faggot. Did you even tie your own shoes today? Be honest, who dressed your bitch-ass?

Yes, if you capitalize that expense, it drags your cash flow but it will, from a valuation standpoint, increase FMV because of the effect that has on lowering your weighted average cost of capital."

*direct quote from earlier today*

I bet we could drink beers and be friends.
23 days ago
1/1/01
Also, Tom Holland is the best Spiderman ever.

Fight me.
Edited: 23 days ago
7/26/07
Lancifer - Also, Tom Holland is the best Spiderman ever.

Fight me.

I agree

Wanna do karate in the garage?

23 days ago
5/24/17

Yay

23 days ago
1/1/01
Chimonos Revenge - 
Lancifer - Also, Tom Holland is the best Spiderman ever.

Fight me.

I agree

Wanna do karate in the garage?

YES!
23 days ago
1/1/01
I can dig this - esp Venom in the MCU.

Wonder how this affects Phase 5 & beyond.

And holy cow at Tom Holland being Spidey 6 more times with an option for a 7th. That'll have him being Spidey 11x (maybe 12x) by the time it's all over.

Tony Stark wasn't even in that many movies, and he started the whole thing.
23 days ago
2/27/13

Not sure about that, they got an extra 20% of profits and the rights to TV series (if I'm reading this correctly).

Not bad for a few days of hard ball.

23 days ago
5/23/12
Lancifer - Also, Tom Holland is the best Spiderman ever.

Fight me.

He is so good that when I went back and watched the best non MCU spiderman movie (spiderman 2) I could not get past Tobey's mannerisms not being Toms. 

23 days ago
7/24/15

The real winners here are the fans.

23 days ago
12/14/15

Is it confirmed?

23 days ago
7/5/12
Wiggy - I can dig this - esp Venom in the MCU.

Wonder how this affects Phase 5 & beyond.

And holy cow at Tom Holland being Spidey 6 more times with an option for a 7th. That'll have him being Spidey 11x (maybe 12x) by the time it's all over.

Tony Stark wasn't even in that many movies, and he started the whole thing.

He’s young, they’ll be able to keep him even longer than Downey. Kids set for life regardless how the movies turn out

23 days ago
12/14/00
If true, I wonder if/how they will tie in Venom to Spidey. They completely left that out his origin in the movie.
23 days ago
6/3/03

“The second trilogy will focus on Peter Parker's college years including plans for Peter to meet up and team up with Firestar and Ice Man of the X-Men (based in part on the old Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends cartoon”

Mother fucker!!!! I loved Spider Man and his amazing friends!!! Firestar better have that orange and red skintight suit or im gonna fuck someone up!

23 days ago
1/1/01
This makes it seem the X-men will definitely be in the MCU within 5-7 years?
23 days ago
6/1/07
Chimonos Revenge - Hah, Sony got sat down, apparently

How did Sony get 'sat down'?

It looks like a huge win for Sony IMO.

Marvel was asking for 50% and Sony walked away from the table. A week later Marvel offers to take a 30% cut and Sony gleefully signs the new deal. It looks to me like Marvel panicked after Sony broke off negotiations and almost immediately offered to take a much smaller share of the profits to bring them back to the table.
23 days ago
1/1/01

That is actually a great deal for Sony.

23 days ago
6/1/07
Nitecrawler - 

“The second trilogy will focus on Peter Parker's college years including plans for Peter to meet up and team up with Firestar and Ice Man of the X-Men (based in part on the old Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends cartoon”

Mother fucker!!!! I loved Spider Man and his amazing friends!!! Firestar better have that orange and red skintight suit or im gonna fuck someone up!

Agreed.

I'm fired up for that and for him hanging out with Johnny Storm. I love the direction they are going with the character. Hopefully they find a total smokeshow for Firestar, and not some dumpy lesbian.
23 days ago
4/19/09

byt great news

23 days ago
1/18/06
QTyp - If true, I wonder if/how they will tie in Venom to Spidey. They completely left that out his origin in the movie.

Carnage threatens them both and we'll get an adapted R rated Maximum Carnage! (I hope)
23 days ago
7/26/07
TheVandalz -
QTyp - If true, I wonder if/how they will tie in Venom to Spidey. They completely left that out his origin in the movie.

Carnage threatens them both and we'll get an adapted R rated Maximum Carnage! (I hope)

They cant make a Carnage movie and NOT have it be R rated