OtherGround Forums Spider man back in mcu

29 days ago
1/1/01
Seems slightly bulshitty. I don't see Disney wanting that garbage Venom movie associated with the MCU.
29 days ago
9/23/07
Venom movie sucked. They should reboot that shit.
29 days ago
1/18/06
Brockback Mountain - Venom movie sucked. They should reboot that shit.

I thought it was pretty good for a stand-alone but it did nothing to include him in any greater universe, Sony's or the MCU.

You guys have this kind of movie scale Dumpster Fire - Absolute Garbage, Sucked, GREATEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN.
29 days ago
10/27/03
Chimonos Revenge - Hah, Sony got sat down, apparently

Disney got sat down.

They thought they could dictate terms without having any leverage and Sony very publicly told them to fuck off.

29 days ago
4/30/08
Nitecrawler -

“The second trilogy will focus on Peter Parker's college years including plans for Peter to meet up and team up with Firestar and Ice Man of the X-Men (based in part on the old Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends cartoon”

Mother fucker!!!! I loved Spider Man and his amazing friends!!! Firestar better have that orange and red skintight suit or im gonna fuck someone up!

Firestar was hot!  She had a nice cameltoe.

28 days ago
1/1/01
TheVandalz - 

I thought it was pretty good for a stand-alone but it did nothing to include him in any greater universe, Sony's or the MCU.

You guys have this kind of movie scale Dumpster Fire - Absolute Garbage, Sucked, GREATEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Nah Venom was terrible.

The middle ground of superhero movies is like the first couple of Thor movies, or Incredible Hulk, or Iron Man 2. They're mostly enjoyable but not that good.
28 days ago
1/1/01

Bullshit post was bullshit lol

28 days ago
1/18/06
Tomato Can - 
TheVandalz - 

Nah Venom was terrible.

The middle ground of superhero movies is like the first couple of Thor movies, or Incredible Hulk, or Iron Man 2. They're mostly enjoyable but not that good.

Ah my bad

Dumpster Fire, Absolute Garbage, TERRIBLE, Sucked, GREATEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN.
28 days ago
10/24/11

None of this is true.

28 days ago
7/2/09
Lancifer - Also, Tom Holland is the best Spiderman ever.

Fight me.

Lol... that's not saying much.  The other two gaywads were the definition of soyboy with tearfilled eyes.  They make Tom Holland look like a stud even though he's about 90 lb's in the rain.

28 days ago
7/7/10

Venom in MCU is dope if true...I really want that character to shine...

i actually liked the recent venom, but he was too “friendly”

i want a true venom that fucks around with peter and makes his life a living hell. 

28 days ago
4/11/08
FingerorMoon - 

Disney got sat down.

They thought they could dictate terms without having any leverage and Sony very publicly told them to fuck off.

Disney had all the leverage, really. SONY films is falling apart and few MCU fans would have seen any spiderman movie they put out. Certainly after seeing how much better marvel/disney does it. Disney also has the merchandizing rights to spiderman, which is the real money maker.

Did Disney give them a better offer? Yes. But that's only because they know how much they need Spidey in phase 4-5.

If Disney wanted to, they could have played hardball. "OK, we'll just call him "night monkey" from now on. Enjoy your bankruptcy"

They did this for the fans, and their future cinematic universe.
28 days ago
5/18/11
Chris27 -

None of this is true.

Yep, nothing is confirmed

28 days ago
1/18/06
Stea1th - 

Venom in MCU is dope if true...I really want that character to shine...

i actually liked the recent venom, but he was too “friendly”

i want a true venom that fucks around with peter and makes his life a living hell. 

He was that "true venom" for fraction of the time Venom has been popular. Hell, he was a recent member of the Guardians of the Galaxy.
28 days ago
1/1/01
TheVandalz - 
Tomato Can - 
TheVandalz - 

Nah Venom was terrible.

Ah my bad

Dumpster Fire, Absolute Garbage, TERRIBLE, Sucked, GREATEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN.

That response made no sense.
Edited: 28 days ago
3/1/10
Lancifer -
VTCO - 

All these grown adults crying over this shit a few days ago was hilarious. Get a grip you faggots.

Regardless of what the final deal entails, this conclusion was always inevitable. Way too much $$$ on the table not to come to terms.

Disney leaking out that Spider-Man was gone from MCU was just a way to speed up negotiations and put public pressure on all parties (mostly Sony) to come to a new agreement.

I like the cut of your jib.

No, really.

We're probably a lot alike. I love confrontation, so I also will precede a salient point with inflammatory declarations.

"You silly, slack-jawed faggot. Did you even tie your own shoes today? Be honest, who dressed your bitch-ass?

Yes, if you capitalize that expense, it drags your cash flow but it will, from a valuation standpoint, increase FMV because of the effect that has on lowering your weighted average cost of capital."

*direct quote from earlier today*

I bet we could drink beers and be friends.

If you also get a kick out of grown-ass men hyperventilating over a fucking comic book movie, yes, we'd get along famously, having a few drinks while laughing at these hysterical retards.

MUH SPIDEYZ.

28 days ago
1/18/06
Tomato Can - 
TheVandalz - 
Tomato Can - 
TheVandalz - 

Nah Venom was terrible.

Ah my bad

That response made no sense.

Just as much sense as trying to correct someones opinion on whether they liked a movie or not.
28 days ago
1/1/01
That still makes zero sense. I was trying to explain that your "movie scale" point was wrong and that just because they thought Venom sucked doesn't mean they don't have any sort of middle ground when judging comic movies. You're the one who decided to be a weirdo about it.
28 days ago
1/18/06
Tomato Can - That still makes zero sense. I was trying to explain that your "movie scale" point was wrong and that just because they thought Venom sucked doesn't mean they don't have any sort of middle ground when judging comic movies. You're the one who decided to be a weirdo about it.

I was sarcastic in response and you got offended. Relax and settle down.

I think a lot of people shit all over decent things because it didn't live up to their expectations.
28 days ago
9/17/10

I thought they were done with Avengers? 

28 days ago
7/13/09
Banjaxo -

Not sure about that, they got an extra 20% of profits and the rights to TV series (if I'm reading this correctly).

Not bad for a few days of hard ball.

Yeah, not exactly say down.  They didn't take the shitty Disney first offer. 

28 days ago
7/13/09
hermanitor -
FingerorMoon - 

Disney got sat down.

Disney had all the leverage, really. SONY films is falling apart and few MCU fans would have seen any spiderman movie they put out. Certainly after seeing how much better marvel/disney does it. Disney also has the merchandizing rights to spiderman, which is the real money maker.

Did Disney give them a better offer? Yes. But that's only because they know how much they need Spidey in phase 4-5.

If Disney wanted to, they could have played hardball. "OK, we'll just call him "night monkey" from now on. Enjoy your bankruptcy"

They did this for the fans, and their future cinematic universe.

Lol at thinking Disney "did it for the fans" Disney only cares about the bottom line.  Disney needed the rights way more than sony needed disney.  Spiderman movies , even the bad Sony ones , would sell with or without MCU.   And if you think Disney could just reskin and rename one if the most iconic superheroes of all time to fill that role in thier universe you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.   Spiderman isn't Scarlett witch.....

28 days ago
10/14/12
FingerorMoon -

Disney got sat down.

LoL look at all those new added terms. Disney didnt get sat down. Neither did Sony. 

Edited: 28 days ago
10/27/03
TheVandalz -
Tomato Can - 
TheVandalz - 

Nah Venom was terrible.

Ah my bad

Venom was financially a huge success.

At $100m it had a smaller budget than many of these big superhero epics. And Sony’s marketing budget was a fraction of Disney the n their Marvel movies.

But they somehow made $850m.

Their ‘PG pretending to be R’ take apparently worked with someone ... maybe pre-teen boys wanting something a little edgier than standard Marvel but not ready for real violent movies... I don’t know....

As weird as it sounds, the current Venom franchise is worth gold. Hardy is signed for 2 more and the sequel will likely do better as they refine and learn from the first mess.

28 days ago
6/27/18
MMApostle -

I thought they were done with Avengers? 

They are, but the Marvel Cinematic Universe continues.

Now they are entering Phase 4, with plans for five more movies in the next two years. Including new movies with Thor and Dr. Strange. They are working on a Black Widow movie right now.

There's more money than ever to be made in these movies. It's not stopping anytime soon.