OtherGround Forums Spotify employees melting down over Rogan podcast

9/19/20 5:35 PM
3/17/03
Imagine if he gets dumped, but contractually still receives the 100mil, like that Ninja kid.

He could build his own Spotify.
9/19/20 5:35 PM
11/10/18

As a business owner I can absolutely say I would have fired them after the second meeting. If you won’t do that you simply aren’t in charge, you work for them and their stupid opinions. 

9/19/20 5:37 PM
2/12/14
TexDeuce -

Spotify is reportedly fighting with employees about hosting episodes of Joe Rogan's podcast

• Spotify CEO Daniel Ek addressed concerns in an all-hands meeting on Wednesday
  • Ek said Rogan's podcast had been the subject of 10 meetings and told employees not to leak to the press
  • Spotify has already removed JRE episodes by right wing figures as reported by Vice

Spotify is facing a heated internal struggle with employees over whether it should host episodes of "The Joe Rogan Experience".

Vice reported that CEO Daniel Ek addressed staff concerns at an all-hands meeting on Wednesday. "In the case of Joe Rogan, a total of 10 meetings have been held with various groups and individuals to hear their respective concerns," Ek said, per sources who spoke to Vice on the condition of anonymity.

Vice said its sources shared questions that had been submitted for the Q&A portion of the meeting. The questions suggest that friction is building between Spotify's leadership and its staff over the podcast.

"Many LGBTQAI+/ally Spotifiers feel unwelcome and alienated because of leadership's response in JRE conversations. What is your message to those people?" asked employees.

The back-and-forth indicates Spotify will increasingly have to deal with moderation issues not dissimilar to those at social-media companies like Facebook and Twitter. The company has already removed other episodes featuring right-wing figures according to Vice.

https://www-businessinsider-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.businessinsider.com/spotify-report-joe-rogan-transphobia-fight-employees2020-9?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&amp&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.businessinsider.com%2Fspotify-report-joe-rogan-transphobia-fight-employees2020-9

so how do I contact spotify and bitch about Michelle "Grape Ape" Obamas podcast and Oprahs? 

I am a customer and offended by their leftist bullshit. 

And I am rip roaring pissed about censoring JRE episodes. I choose to click it. If you dont then suck a big fat tranny cock. 

9/19/20 5:38 PM
4/11/14

Joe gonna get that Conan money 

9/19/20 5:42 PM
1/1/01
Onikage - Imagine if he gets dumped, but contractually still receives the 100mil, like that Ninja kid.

He could build his own Spotify.

Yeah I would stick to my guns and make them fuckin pay up. Then if proceed to toddy their crybaby asses on the show regularly.  

9/19/20 5:47 PM
11/19/05
TheSpookedKabuki -
King Trav -

What did he say that’s russled so many jimmies?

Explained how to make fun of trannies (Bruce Jenner) without pissing people off. Apparently his method didn't work haha Then he apparently didn't fact check some arsonist shit. He's great.

He also said that Falon fox, a male in his 30s who then decided he was a woman probably shouldn't kick the shit out of biological females.  How dare he! That level of transfobia is dangerous.  If that beauty Falon said he was a girl, that's it, end of debate. let him kick the fuck out of other girls in his division.

Let's not forget Joe also gave a platform to other literal Nazis. Ben Shapiro, Candace Owens, and other zeolots and hate mongers on the right. 

9/19/20 5:54 PM
7/31/09

LGBTQAI+/ally Spotifiers

its starting to look like someone just fell asleep on the keyboard with all the random letters they have now

9/19/20 5:56 PM
11/28/03

if joe offends u, dont listen

i hate pickles, but i am not trying to have em banned for everyone else

9/19/20 5:56 PM
1/1/01
Fighting -
TheSpookedKabuki -
King Trav -

Explained how to make fun of trannies (Bruce Jenner) without pissing people off. Apparently his method didn't work haha Then he apparently didn't fact check some arsonist shit. He's great.

He also said that Falon fox, a male in his 30s who then decided he was a woman probably shouldn't kick the shit out of biological females.  How dare he! That level of transfobia is dangerous.  If that beauty Falon said he was a girl, that's it, end of debate. let him kick the fuck out of other girls in his division.

Let's not forget Joe also gave a platform to other literal Nazis. Ben Shapiro, Candace Owens, and other zeolots and hate mongers on the right. 

I think it was that she didn't declare her former sex in her original fights. 

9/19/20 6:18 PM
1/1/01

Spotify's power hasnt really kicked in yet, because the exclusivity hasn't started. His new podcasts are available on YouTube like they've always been. When his new podcasts move solely to Spotify, they are going to start leaning on him hard. Leftward leaning of course.

9/19/20 6:35 PM
6/30/07

I would love it if they end up paying out to make rogan go away. $50m and he's his own man again, take the show to bitchute and blow that platform up.

The spotify deal seems like a shitshow since launch.

9/19/20 6:43 PM
12/7/14

Fuck Spotify 

Edited: 9/21/20 6:41 PM
1/1/01

Do what Red Bull did

You're woke? Fired

9/19/20 6:46 PM
6/27/02

Spotify employees must be forced to listen to every word of every show.

9/19/20 6:46 PM
2/2/12
King Trav -

He offered to host a debate that the left wants no part of.

9/19/20 7:02 PM
8/20/15

Rogan sold out long ago. He has slowly started going against things he constantly believed or at least questioned. The Spotify deal just completed his change. Rogan could give a fuck less if his old audience (Others, MMA fans) doesn't like what he says, or even listens anymore.

9/19/20 7:12 PM
1/1/01
I was watching the protests in Portland last night and there was a regular there - "Hot Wheels" (a small man in a wheelchair) - cussing at the cops and telling them that when this is all done they won't be able to get jobs, etc.

Some of these people that are trying to cancel people - by pressuring their employers - are going to find themselves in that boat. Just 2 months ago, anything from your past that was not in alignment with BLM politics could get you fired. The environment has changed significantly in that time. People are sick of the temper tantrums. People screaming, raging, and crying because someone else dares to disagree with them.

Maybe your parents never told you that your feelings aren't as important as you think they are - but they should have.
9/19/20 7:13 PM
1/10/11

And they call others fascists

9/19/20 7:25 PM
3/15/06

This is not a good look for Spotify. I have to assume they wanted Rogan so his fans would come to their service and support it financially,  but it looks like Spotify doesn't really like Rogan so why should his listeners support Spotify?

Edited: 9/19/20 7:28 PM
1/19/12
Skillrules -

Spotify's power hasnt really kicked in yet, because the exclusivity hasn't started. His new podcasts are available on YouTube like they've always been. When his new podcasts move solely to Spotify, they are going to start leaning on him hard. Leftward leaning of course.

Rogan’s not stupid. Spotify wanted him bad, I’m certain he basically has complete creative control. There is absolutely no way he would have moved without it. Yeah he is getting paid tons, but he was making bank previously, and he wouldn’t sacrifice his voice for extra money that marginally won’t be that impactful to him.

9/19/20 7:36 PM
4/1/15
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
Skillrules -

Rogan’s not stupid. Spotify wanted him bad, I’m certain he basically has complete creative control. There is absolutely no way he would have moved without it. Yeah he is getting paid tons, but he was making bank previously, and he wouldn’t sacrifice his voice for extra money that marginally won’t be that impactful to him.

Maybe Spotify bought him for the sole purpose of getting him to sign exclusive with them, and then kill the podcast.

Maybe they bought him to shut him up....

9/19/20 7:40 PM
12/8/12
DuffyLaCoronilla -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
Skillrules -

Maybe Spotify bought him for the sole purpose of getting him to sign exclusive with them, and then kill the podcast.

This

Edited: 9/19/20 7:49 PM
3/16/06
DuffyLaCoronilla -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
Skillrules -

Well, their plan is to disappear all those episodes they refuse to put up. Rogan only plans to leave them on YouTube for a year. Once they're off YouTube from his account, they'll be flagged and impossible to upload again. The de-personing continues. 

9/19/20 7:53 PM
1/1/01
Smilin like Rashad -
DuffyLaCoronilla -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
Skillrules -

This

Whoa, I didn’t know we had seasoned CEOs posting around here 

9/19/20 8:14 PM
3/16/11
Robert Thomas -

Rogan sold out long ago. He has slowly started going against things he constantly believed or at least questioned. The Spotify deal just completed his change. Rogan could give a fuck less if his old audience (Others, MMA fans) doesn't like what he says, or even listens anymore.

Please be specific. Not just a general complaint that conveniently fits into your preferred narrative, but give me a few examples of him “selling out”. His political views haven’t changed one Iota, he’s just had enough time to get his opinions out there and they aren’t what you thought they were. 

The real problem is that modern politics isn’t a game of ideas, it’s a game purity. He doesn’t fit the stereotypical left/right paradigm, which is his only cardinal sin. When things go zero sum, the first people torched are the people who refuse to play the stupid game, and that’s what you’re seeing. He has many liberal views and many conservative views, the only thing he did wrong is keep talking long enough to show both sides of the spectrum that he’s not one of them. That makes him alright in my books.