OtherGround Forums Spotify employees melting down over Rogan podcast

Edited: 9/19/20 8:28 PM
7/15/04
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
Skillrules -

Spotify's power hasnt really kicked in yet, because the exclusivity hasn't started. His new podcasts are available on YouTube like they've always been. When his new podcasts move solely to Spotify, they are going to start leaning on him hard. Leftward leaning of course.

Rogan’s not stupid. Spotify wanted him bad, I’m certain he basically has complete creative control. There is absolutely no way he would have moved without it. Yeah he is getting paid tons, but he was making bank previously, and he wouldn’t sacrifice his voice for extra money that marginally won’t be that impactful to him.

You don't think Spotify is going to influence him at all? He is already getting a backlash. They have already scrubbed some right winger episodes as if they never existed.

You don't think that is going to have bearing on Rogan and his team going forward?

9/19/20 8:29 PM
3/2/09

Oh well, they signed a hundred million dollar contract with him.  I'm sure he is smart enough to have a no fire clause for his type of speech.

Fire him and he still get's paid. 

9/19/20 8:31 PM
10/11/05

"& just like that, the OG MAGAs started caring what Vice has to say."

9/19/20 9:07 PM
2/25/06

Buncha pussies.

9/19/20 9:09 PM
6/27/05

Everybody has a price said the brilliant 80’s wrestler with his priceless championship belt...

9/19/20 9:59 PM
1/1/01
robbie380 -

LGBTQAI+/ally Spotifiers

its starting to look like someone just fell asleep on the keyboard with all the random letters they have now

Haha... in two years there will be 10 more

9/19/20 10:00 PM
7/14/16
TexDeuce -

Spotify is reportedly fighting with employees about hosting episodes of Joe Rogan's podcast

• Spotify CEO Daniel Ek addressed concerns in an all-hands meeting on Wednesday
  • Ek said Rogan's podcast had been the subject of 10 meetings and told employees not to leak to the press
  • Spotify has already removed JRE episodes by right wing figures as reported by Vice

Spotify is facing a heated internal struggle with employees over whether it should host episodes of "The Joe Rogan Experience".

Vice reported that CEO Daniel Ek addressed staff concerns at an all-hands meeting on Wednesday. "In the case of Joe Rogan, a total of 10 meetings have been held with various groups and individuals to hear their respective concerns," Ek said, per sources who spoke to Vice on the condition of anonymity.

Vice said its sources shared questions that had been submitted for the Q&A portion of the meeting. The questions suggest that friction is building between Spotify's leadership and its staff over the podcast.

"Many LGBTQAI+/ally Spotifiers feel unwelcome and alienated because of leadership's response in JRE conversations. What is your message to those people?" asked employees.

The back-and-forth indicates Spotify will increasingly have to deal with moderation issues not dissimilar to those at social-media companies like Facebook and Twitter. The company has already removed other episodes featuring right-wing figures according to Vice.

https://www-businessinsider-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.businessinsider.com/spotify-report-joe-rogan-transphobia-fight-employees2020-9?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&amp&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.businessinsider.com%2Fspotify-report-joe-rogan-transphobia-fight-employees2020-9

Waaaa.  Poor weak-wristers...

9/19/20 10:05 PM
3/12/14

"Many LGBTQAI+/ally Spotifiers feel unwelcome and alienated"

I don't get this. Why? 

9/19/20 10:09 PM
3/16/06
BarkLikeADog -

"& just like that, the OG MAGAs started caring what Vice has to say."

Who started Vice again? 

9/19/20 10:29 PM
1/7/10
Fighting -

Rogan’s podcasts remind me, almost spot on, to the kinda stuff Goebels was spouting on German outlets in the 30s. 

Spotify employees and those 10 meetings are the least they should be doing! 

I've never listened to one of his podcasts. Can you explain? 

9/19/20 10:34 PM
1/14/07

I'm on the Napster 30 day trial right now and am liking it as much as Spotify.

I'll probably be canceling my Spotify (for this reason) and just give my $10 to Napster. They offer the exact same service only without the open NPC crybaby bs. 

9/19/20 10:54 PM
1/2/15

Edited: 9/19/20 11:05 PM
7/29/02

If twitch can drop Doc, spotify can drop Rogan... stupid shit but feelings run the show lol

9/20/20 12:11 AM
12/13/02
Conor McGazelle -

I don't get this. Why? 

No shit! Rogan openly supports gay, lesbian, trans, cross dressers, etc. 

I suppose they give him shit for saying a trans biological man shouldn’t fight girls without letting them know, and also having occasional right guests on the show. 

9/20/20 12:17 AM
3/17/03
ribz - 
Conor McGazelle -

I don't get this. Why? 

No shit! Rogan openly supports gay, lesbian, trans, cross dressers, etc. 

I suppose they give him shit for saying a trans biological man shouldn’t fight girls without letting them know, and also having occasional right guests on the show. 

My industry is immersed in Leftist retardation, so when their talking points are beamed out, I'm quite aware.

You have to understand that facts make absolutely no difference to the woke hivemind.
Rogan was recently declared to be an alt-right enabling transphobe, so now that's just what he is. There is no further discussion.

It's a mistake to attempt to make sense of any of this.
9/20/20 6:20 AM
1/19/12
TexDeuce -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
Skillrules -

Spotify's power hasnt really kicked in yet, because the exclusivity hasn't started. His new podcasts are available on YouTube like they've always been. When his new podcasts move solely to Spotify, they are going to start leaning on him hard. Leftward leaning of course.

Rogan’s not stupid. Spotify wanted him bad, I’m certain he basically has complete creative control. There is absolutely no way he would have moved without it. Yeah he is getting paid tons, but he was making bank previously, and he wouldn’t sacrifice his voice for extra money that marginally won’t be that impactful to him.

You don't think Spotify is going to influence him at all? He is already getting a backlash. They have already scrubbed some right winger episodes as if they never existed.

You don't think that is going to have bearing on Rogan and his team going forward?

I’m saying Rogan has the power to decide. He will not be contractually forced to do their bidding since he was in the drivers seat when terms where being negotiated.

9/20/20 7:07 AM
9/20/19
Eskimo -

As a business owner I can absolutely say I would have fired them after the second meeting. If you won’t do that you simply aren’t in charge, you work for them and their stupid opinions. 

Oh shut the fuck up like your situation even begins to compare you dork. 

9/20/20 7:12 AM
8/10/07
Fighting -

Rogan’s podcasts remind me, almost spot on, to the kinda stuff Goebels was spouting on German outlets in the 30s. 

Because everything you disagree with is "actually Hitler" right? 

9/20/20 7:24 AM
7/16/13

Spotify sucks. Sucked before Rogan even migrated there. 

9/20/20 8:48 AM
1/1/01
Fighting -

BRING UP ZE NEWSREEL FOOTAGE OF ZAT HAIRLESS CHIMP AGAIN, JAMIE! LOOK AT ZE DELTOIDS ON ZAT SING!

9/20/20 9:30 AM
12/27/12

It’s not just right leaning guests whose episodes aren’t available on Spotify. Sam Tripoli is a friend of Rogan and has a podcast called Tin Foil Hat, his episodes aren’t available according to him. 

9/20/20 9:39 AM
1/1/01

Lefties cant handle different opinions, they're such weak bitches.

9/20/20 9:40 AM
3/12/14
benwah -

It’s not just right leaning guests whose episodes aren’t available on Spotify. Sam Tripoli is a friend of Rogan and has a podcast called Tin Foil Hat, his episodes aren’t available according to him. 

Shit , now I support it. Tripoli is a moron.

I wonder if this was a bad idea for Joe. 

9/20/20 10:08 AM
12/16/05
Whambo -

Lefties cant handle different opinions, they're such weak bitches.

This! He has all sorts of guests on, but oh lord try to talk with an alt right wacko and get a grasp on his position makes you Hitler. Silence is their power on the left. If their employees don't like it, go find another job!

9/20/20 10:18 AM
8/7/12
HillboFrateTrane -
Eskimo -

As a business owner I can absolutely say I would have fired them after the second meeting. If you won’t do that you simply aren’t in charge, you work for them and their stupid opinions. 

Oh shut the fuck up like your situation even begins to compare you dork. 

He has a pretty valid point but I'm guessing you've probably never been in a management position so your viewpoint on that situation holds very little credibility. If for what ever reason someone has allowed you to be in charge of anything more then just TPS reports. I feel bad for the employees under you. 

The point is once you've lost control of the work environment. Its is very hard to gain back without actually shit canning everyone and starting fresh. Which is what this asshat should have done in the second meeting. 

However there is a very small thought process going on and that is can spotify stay intact as a viable company if the shit head leftist and pandering morons and all their lgbt/gender dysmorphia/and butt hurt soyboys start to abandon ship due to Rogans content and comments? 

Guess time will only tell. My vote is to fire every single one of them but before they go give them each a one year free subscription that will only allow them to listen to Joe Rogans podcast.