OtherGround Forums Spotify employees melting down over Rogan podcast

9/20/20 10:44 AM
11/10/18
HillboFrateTrane -
Eskimo -

As a business owner I can absolutely say I would have fired them after the second meeting. If you won’t do that you simply aren’t in charge, you work for them and their stupid opinions. 

Oh shut the fuck up like your situation even begins to compare you dork. 

As if you would have a clue lol. Also, I was clearly speaking in general terms, nothing specific to these employees complaints. When you are in charge, you set the boundaries and the tone. If the employees can’t play by those rules then you have to replace them or they will destroy your ability to lead. This is the same at Spotify or at a hot dog stand. 

9/20/20 1:29 PM
12/13/02
Onikage -
ribz - 
Conor McGazelle -

"Many LGBTQAI+/ally Spotifiers feel unwelcome and alienated"

I don't get this. Why? 

No shit! Rogan openly supports gay, lesbian, trans, cross dressers, etc. 

I suppose they give him shit for saying a trans biological man shouldn’t fight girls without letting them know, and also having occasional right guests on the show. 

My industry is immersed in Leftist retardation, so when their talking points are beamed out, I'm quite aware.

You have to understand that facts make absolutely no difference to the woke hivemind.
Rogan was recently declared to be an alt-right enabling transphobe, so now that's just what he is. There is no further discussion.

It's a mistake to attempt to make sense of any of this.

Haha so true. 

9/20/20 4:17 PM
7/21/18

This is the world we’re living in, when podcasts, two people talking about their opinions are being removed. I thought America was all about free speech 

9/20/20 5:44 PM
12/29/06
crazydave - 

Joe will get a fat payout and back to YouTube. 

This...

9/20/20 5:50 PM
5/18/10
Conor McGazelle -

I don't get this. Why? 

Because Trump agreed to debate Biden on rogan, so now they need a reason to denounce him so Biden doesn't need to respond

9/20/20 6:44 PM
1/1/01
ryunz - 
Conor McGazelle -

I don't get this. Why? 

Because Trump agreed to debate Biden on rogan, so now they need a reason to denounce him so Biden doesn't need to respond

This.

9/20/20 7:07 PM
12/26/05

This is probably bullshit.

There have probably been "10 meetings" because the meetings have been escalated through the ranks by the same 3 or 4 nitwits.

And why did Business insider run it? Because they are now in the same clickbait/tabloid/blog repost format as most other digital media companies.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this doesnt matter, and wont matter.

9/20/20 7:45 PM
7/15/04
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
TexDeuce -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
Skillrules -

Spotify's power hasnt really kicked in yet, because the exclusivity hasn't started. His new podcasts are available on YouTube like they've always been. When his new podcasts move solely to Spotify, they are going to start leaning on him hard. Leftward leaning of course.

Rogan’s not stupid. Spotify wanted him bad, I’m certain he basically has complete creative control. There is absolutely no way he would have moved without it. Yeah he is getting paid tons, but he was making bank previously, and he wouldn’t sacrifice his voice for extra money that marginally won’t be that impactful to him.

You don't think Spotify is going to influence him at all? He is already getting a backlash. They have already scrubbed some right winger episodes as if they never existed.

You don't think that is going to have bearing on Rogan and his team going forward?

I’m saying Rogan has the power to decide. He will not be contractually forced to do their bidding since he was in the drivers seat when terms where being negotiated.

Rogan has the power to decide? Sure, probably. 

Regardless of that, anyone that doesn't think Spotify WILL influence him going forward is smoking crack. 

I mean, they've already scrubbed certain episodes they don't like from existence. Their pathetic leftist employees are throwing a fit. Joe has 100 million on the line. To think that won't have any influence on him going forward is foolish.

Edited: 9/20/20 7:49 PM
7/15/04
Taylor27 -

This is the world we’re living in, when podcasts, two people talking about their opinions are being removed. I thought America was all about free speech 

That America is gone and not coming back. The left has a new future in mind for us.

9/20/20 7:48 PM
1/19/12
TexDeuce -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
TexDeuce -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
Skillrules -

Spotify's power hasnt really kicked in yet, because the exclusivity hasn't started. His new podcasts are available on YouTube like they've always been. When his new podcasts move solely to Spotify, they are going to start leaning on him hard. Leftward leaning of course.

Rogan’s not stupid. Spotify wanted him bad, I’m certain he basically has complete creative control. There is absolutely no way he would have moved without it. Yeah he is getting paid tons, but he was making bank previously, and he wouldn’t sacrifice his voice for extra money that marginally won’t be that impactful to him.

You don't think Spotify is going to influence him at all? He is already getting a backlash. They have already scrubbed some right winger episodes as if they never existed.

You don't think that is going to have bearing on Rogan and his team going forward?

I’m saying Rogan has the power to decide. He will not be contractually forced to do their bidding since he was in the drivers seat when terms where being negotiated.

Regardless of that, anyone that doesn't think Spotify WILL influence him going forward is smoking crack. 

I mean, they've already scrubbed certain episodes they don't like from existence. Their pathetic leftist employees are throwing a fit. Joe has 100 million on the line. To think that won't have any influence on him going forward is foolish.

$100 million wouldn’t be on the line if it’s written that he has creative control. Spotify would be in breach of contract. Obviously Rogan wouldn’t want to be completely unwavering, but he will not accept material censorship of his podcast, nor would he need to. That’s all I’m getting at.

Edited: 9/20/20 7:52 PM
7/15/04
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
TexDeuce -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
TexDeuce -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
Skillrules -

$100 million wouldn’t be on the line if it’s written that he has creative control. Spotify would be in breach of contract. Obviously Rogan wouldn’t want to be completely unwavering, but he will not accept material censorship of his podcast, nor would he need to. That’s all I’m getting at.

Rogan has obviously agreed to censorship since some of his previous episodes have been wiped from existence. How do you know he won't be complicit in censoring his own show going forward under pressure and to play nice with the people who write his checks?

9/20/20 8:12 PM
6/11/10
DuffyLaCoronilla -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
Skillrules -

Maybe Spotify bought him for the sole purpose of getting him to sign exclusive with them, and then kill the podcast.

Maybe they bought him to shut him up....

This is a very reasonable possibility. To be honest, it all depends on the contract and how much control Joe has on the end product. He might be free to say what he wants and have whatever guests he likes, but whether the shows stay up on the platform is likely not up to him.

Edited: 9/21/20 11:37 AM
6/11/10

Fire them and look here for replacements.

https://www.unwoke.hr/

A message to
business owners.

We would like to thank you for choosing Unwoke and remind you of something important.

Don’t interrupt your competition when they are making a mistake. Let them fill their diversity quotas. Let them exhaust their resources, efforts and reputation on being “woke”. Let them posture about their so-called virtues. Let their employees walk on eggshells in their bubble wrapped offices. Let them think they are changing the world for the better. Let them think they are the counterculture. Let them issue public apologies in commercials and on Twitter for the crimes of simply existing. For improving the lives of billions through their services and innovations. Employing millions of people, contributing immeasurably to the local and global economy. Raising billions out of poverty. They have nothing to be sorry for. But they have chosen the path they are on.

So we urge you, to calmly sit back, relax and watch your woke competition implode as they do their hiring based on skin color, ethnicity, origin, gender identity rather than merit. Watch the quality of their goods, brands, and services suffer as a result.

While you base your hiring decisions on seeking out the best, brightest, smartest, and most competent employees you can find. People from all walks of life who above all else value the truth, hard work, freedom, and the pursuit of happiness. You have nothing to be sorry for. We thank you for your innovations, services, and contributions to advance the human condition. We're looking forward to working with you to keep your business running in top form without being destroyed from within by grievance politics and divisive influencers.

Let the woke go broke.

The Unwoke team

9/21/20 11:38 AM
1/9/02
Fake Pie -
Jack Carter -

Employees work for the company. Who the fuck are they to tell the boss what business model he  should follow?

Happening more and more. Look at open letters from google employees to their CEO about not providing cloud services to the government as an example. 

not more vacation, or better benefits or higher pay

we want opoposing viewpoints shutdown

lol this generation is ruined

9/21/20 11:43 AM
6/30/07
TexDeuce -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
TexDeuce -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
TexDeuce -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
Skillrules -

Rogan has obviously agreed to censorship since some of his previous episodes have been wiped from existence. How do you know he won't be complicit in censoring his own show going forward under pressure and to play nice with the people who write his checks?

There are instances in the past of selective editing by Joe (no, I can't recall a specific). When he decided to stop live streaming he said it was because leeches were literally ripping and posting his content while the episode hadn't even finished yet. While this was certainly happening, there was alot of other stuff going on around then, one of them being contuing to air audio after the "end" of the ep with twitter guy and Tim pool.

He hasn't had a problem quietly disappearing certain things. I don't even fault him for it, it's his product and he can present it any way he likes.

9/21/20 2:50 PM
3/1/10

"A group of Spotify staffers are now reportedly pushing to introduce direct editing oversight over The Joe Rogan Experience — before the episodes go live. That includes content flags, trigger warnings, references to fact-checked information, or simply refusing to publish an episode at all."

Spotify Employees Demanding Direct Editorial Oversight Over Joe Rogan Podcasts — Before They’re Published

9/21/20 3:04 PM
12/13/02
VTCO -

"A group of Spotify staffers are now reportedly pushing to introduce direct editing oversight over The Joe Rogan Experience — before the episodes go live. That includes content flags, trigger warnings, references to fact-checked information, or simply refusing to publish an episode at all."

Spotify Employees Demanding Direct Editorial Oversight Over Joe Rogan Podcasts — Before They’re Published

Lol. I would hope this violates the contract Joe has with Spotify. Surely he would have included it in the contract to be in full control of the content. He should tell them tO pound sand. 

9/21/20 3:05 PM
7/16/13

WTF!

9/21/20 3:07 PM
5/3/01

i hope joe clauses out of his contract and just goes to patreon + posting episodes a day late on vimeo

9/21/20 3:08 PM
2/25/09
VTCO -

NEVER SAW THIS COMING

#leftismRuinsEverything 

9/21/20 3:16 PM
1/1/01
TexDeuce - 

Spotify is reportedly fighting with employees about hosting episodes of Joe Rogan's podcast

• Spotify CEO Daniel Ek addressed concerns in an all-hands meeting on Wednesday
  • Ek said Rogan's podcast had been the subject of 10 meetings and told employees not to leak to the press
  • Spotify has already removed JRE episodes by right wing figures as reported by Vice

Spotify is facing a heated internal struggle with employees over whether it should host episodes of "The Joe Rogan Experience".

Vice reported that CEO Daniel Ek addressed staff concerns at an all-hands meeting on Wednesday. "In the case of Joe Rogan, a total of 10 meetings have been held with various groups and individuals to hear their respective concerns," Ek said, per sources who spoke to Vice on the condition of anonymity.

Vice said its sources shared questions that had been submitted for the Q&A portion of the meeting. The questions suggest that friction is building between Spotify's leadership and its staff over the podcast.

"Many LGBTQAI+/ally Spotifiers feel unwelcome and alienated because of leadership's response in JRE conversations. What is your message to those people?" asked employees.

The back-and-forth indicates Spotify will increasingly have to deal with moderation issues not dissimilar to those at social-media companies like Facebook and Twitter. The company has already removed other episodes featuring right-wing figures according to Vice.

https://www-businessinsider-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.businessinsider.com/spotify-report-joe-rogan-transphobia-fight-employees2020-9?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&amp&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.businessinsider.com%2Fspotify-report-joe-rogan-transphobia-fight-employees2020-9

Also,

Spotify employs the most soyboys, betas and Karens than any other company per capita.
9/21/20 3:26 PM
3/2/11
Slap Johnson -
VTCO -

NEVER SAW THIS COMING

#leftismRuinsEverything 

Your speech violates our techno-soviet power grab, you will be edited or sent to the local gulag (Streets of San Francisco watching homeless junkies shit next to playgrounds)

9/21/20 3:31 PM
3/1/10

Joe already cucked when he allowed them to control the archives.

Then the apology for the wildfire misinfo.

They smell BLOOD in the water. JRE will be sanitized before the end of the year. Give leftists an inch, and it is game over.

9/21/20 4:20 PM
7/12/16

I hope they all get food poisoning from bad meat substitutes.

9/21/20 4:41 PM
12/27/12
Mountain Medic -
TexDeuce -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
TexDeuce -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
TexDeuce -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
Skillrules -

There are instances in the past of selective editing by Joe (no, I can't recall a specific). When he decided to stop live streaming he said it was because leeches were literally ripping and posting his content while the episode hadn't even finished yet. While this was certainly happening, there was alot of other stuff going on around then, one of them being contuing to air audio after the "end" of the ep with twitter guy and Tim pool.

He hasn't had a problem quietly disappearing certain things. I don't even fault him for it, it's his product and he can present it any way he likes.

The Cowboy Cerrone episode had to be edited down, I believe by 30 minutes? I think that was the straw that broke the camels back when it came to live shows.