OtherGround Forums Started crying tonight. I miss my foster kids

10 days ago
8/12/16

I spent my first night away from my daughter last week and I was a wreck harrassing my wife through texts to video call me so I could see my little monkey.  I could only imagine what you are going through, just try to focus on the time you had together instead of dwelling on the current situation.  

10 days ago
12/10/09

Take this to the Orphanground, OP

J/k, good for you being a foster parent. Actually, good for all of us that people like you make that comittment.

10 days ago
9/4/17

I appreciate the positive comments. They made a bigger impact on me than I did did on them. Really made me appreciate my childhood. 

10 days ago
9/4/17

My little homies

https://imgur.com/a/vf3mGyq

10 days ago
9/4/17
Soup and Beer -

How long did you have them?

Had them for just over a year 

10 days ago
10/11/18
Altofsky -

I never realized you fostered kids. Good on you man. I'm sure you made a hugely positive difference in their lives.

This.  

10 days ago
8/12/16

That pic....right in the feels.  Cute buggers.

10 days ago
1/13/11

for Bill.
10 days ago
9/4/17

https://imgur.com/a/M5cjl07

10 days ago
9/4/17

Thanks Saku. You're a good dude 

10 days ago
1/13/11

it’s my pleasure Bill, just doing my little part in making this place worth coming to.
10 days ago
5/10/08

^^^^ Cute as hell.

Good on you Muncy... You are one of the good ones here.

10 days ago
9/4/17
lionsoul -

^^^^ Cute as hell.

Could say the same about you and Saku. 

10 days ago
5/23/07
lionsoul - 

^^^^ Cute as hell.

This for sure
10 days ago
10/29/13

Even though youre a fuck face and never answer my text, I do love you and you're hands down one of best people I know. 

10 days ago
11/19/06

Keep your head up brother. You’re a good dude. Rest assured you were a bright spot in their life. 

10 days ago
1/1/01

Good work man. Are you still fostering? 

9 days ago
9/4/17
NiteProwleR -

Good work man. Are you still fostering? 

Not at the moment. I moved from Florida to MN. 

9 days ago
9/4/17
JonJonesBone -

Even though youre a fuck face and never answer my text, I do love you and you're hands down one of best people I know. 

I love your mom btw 

9 days ago
7/14/05

Mrs Coconut and I are also licensed foster parents.  Our second foster son went home a while ago and my wife took it really hard.  While we knew it was coning it was hard.  Luckily we became somewhat friends with bio family and they made is godparents of our former kiddo and his brother.  We still get to see them and have them come over from tine to time so that helps.

We recently (about 10 weeks ago) got another kiddo who is just as awesome as the last.  The bio mom is very flaky so we aren’t sure about reunification at this point but if this one were to head home or be taken elsewhere it might be too much for my wife to handle as she had developed a crazy close bond with him.

Our lives are crazy, as some may know from other posts about my adopted daughter and her situation but the little guy tends to help is calm ourselves down.  Unfortunately the bio parents of our godsons are not doing well so we are worried about them atm.

Sorry, didn’t mean to make this all about my situation but also been needing to vent.

Bless you for what you do and just know however much it hurts to lose them, you changed their lives forever for better!

9 days ago
9/4/17
TFK_Coconut Pete -

Mrs Coconut and I are also licensed foster parents.  Our second foster son went home a while ago and my wife took it really hard.  While we knew it was coning it was hard.  Luckily we became somewhat friends with bio family and they made is godparents of our former kiddo and his brother.  We still get to see them and have them come over from tine to time so that helps.

We recently (about 10 weeks ago) got another kiddo who is just as awesome as the last.  The bio mom is very flaky so we aren’t sure about reunification at this point but if this one were to head home or be taken elsewhere it might be too much for my wife to handle as she had developed a crazy close bond with him.

Our lives are crazy, as some may know from other posts about my adopted daughter and her situation but the little guy tends to help is calm ourselves down.  Unfortunately the bio parents of our godsons are not doing well so we are worried about them atm.

Sorry, didn’t mean to make this all about my situation but also been needing to vent.

Bless you for what you do and just know however much it hurts to lose them, you changed their lives forever for better!

Awesome brother. Good on you, it's not easy 

8 days ago
4/5/07

My wife and I have talked about fostering and I think when our kids are older, we may look into more.  But I have worried about the emotional toll it would take.  I might try volunteering through CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) first, to see what it's like to get involved with kids while knowing they will probably end up back in a home that isn't ideal.

You tend to hear the worst stories about the foster care system, but I'm glad there are people out there like you who are bringing some light to those little lives.

8 days ago
9/4/17
GenericAmerican -

My wife and I have talked about fostering and I think when our kids are older, we may look into more.  But I have worried about the emotional toll it would take.  I might try volunteering through CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) first, to see what it's like to get involved with kids while knowing they will probably end up back in a home that isn't ideal.

You tend to hear the worst stories about the foster care system, but I'm glad there are people out there like you who are bringing some light to those little lives.

It's definitely a roller-coaster. The day we got approved I got a a call a couple of hours later asking if we could take in a kid. Without hesitation I said yes, then I realized that I should probably ask my wife first lol. Then 3 days later we had our second foster child. Luckily we were about as prepared as you could be given the circumstances. 

8 days ago
5/27/09

I don't know how people foster kids. My heart couldn't take it ..... watching them leave.

8 days ago
12/23/08
Jack Skellington - 

I don't know how people foster kids. My heart couldn't take it ..... watching them leave.

One of my best friend's sister fostered two kids from the time they were babies.

Both kids came from a Mother that did meth while she was pregnant.

Both had a ton of problems and she has now adopted them and is raising them as her own.

She is a better person than I am...I could not do it. 

People like her are what is right with this wrong world.