OtherGround Forums Started crying tonight. I miss my foster kids

8/11/19 11:21 AM
8/12/16

I spent my first night away from my daughter last week and I was a wreck harrassing my wife through texts to video call me so I could see my little monkey.  I could only imagine what you are going through, just try to focus on the time you had together instead of dwelling on the current situation.  

8/11/19 11:34 AM
12/10/09

Take this to the Orphanground, OP

J/k, good for you being a foster parent. Actually, good for all of us that people like you make that comittment.

8/11/19 12:29 PM
9/4/17

I appreciate the positive comments. They made a bigger impact on me than I did did on them. Really made me appreciate my childhood. 

8/11/19 12:48 PM
9/4/17

My little homies

https://imgur.com/a/vf3mGyq

8/11/19 12:51 PM
9/4/17
Soup and Beer -

How long did you have them?

Had them for just over a year 

8/11/19 12:55 PM
10/11/18
Altofsky -

I never realized you fostered kids. Good on you man. I'm sure you made a hugely positive difference in their lives.

This.  

8/11/19 1:12 PM
8/12/16

That pic....right in the feels.  Cute buggers.

8/11/19 1:15 PM
1/13/11

for Bill.
8/11/19 1:19 PM
9/4/17

https://imgur.com/a/M5cjl07

8/11/19 1:26 PM
9/4/17

Thanks Saku. You're a good dude 

8/11/19 1:33 PM
1/13/11

it’s my pleasure Bill, just doing my little part in making this place worth coming to.
8/11/19 1:35 PM
5/10/08

^^^^ Cute as hell.

Good on you Muncy... You are one of the good ones here.

8/11/19 1:41 PM
9/4/17
lionsoul -

^^^^ Cute as hell.

Could say the same about you and Saku. 

8/11/19 1:46 PM
5/23/07
lionsoul - 

^^^^ Cute as hell.

This for sure
8/11/19 1:46 PM
10/29/13

Even though youre a fuck face and never answer my text, I do love you and you're hands down one of best people I know. 

8/11/19 1:58 PM
1/1/01

Good work man. Are you still fostering? 

8/11/19 5:19 PM
9/4/17
NiteProwleR -

Good work man. Are you still fostering? 

Not at the moment. I moved from Florida to MN. 

8/11/19 5:19 PM
9/4/17
JonJonesBone -

Even though youre a fuck face and never answer my text, I do love you and you're hands down one of best people I know. 

I love your mom btw 

8/11/19 5:45 PM
7/14/05

Mrs Coconut and I are also licensed foster parents.  Our second foster son went home a while ago and my wife took it really hard.  While we knew it was coning it was hard.  Luckily we became somewhat friends with bio family and they made is godparents of our former kiddo and his brother.  We still get to see them and have them come over from tine to time so that helps.

We recently (about 10 weeks ago) got another kiddo who is just as awesome as the last.  The bio mom is very flaky so we aren’t sure about reunification at this point but if this one were to head home or be taken elsewhere it might be too much for my wife to handle as she had developed a crazy close bond with him.

Our lives are crazy, as some may know from other posts about my adopted daughter and her situation but the little guy tends to help is calm ourselves down.  Unfortunately the bio parents of our godsons are not doing well so we are worried about them atm.

Sorry, didn’t mean to make this all about my situation but also been needing to vent.

Bless you for what you do and just know however much it hurts to lose them, you changed their lives forever for better!

8/11/19 6:10 PM
9/4/17
TFK_Coconut Pete -

Mrs Coconut and I are also licensed foster parents.  Our second foster son went home a while ago and my wife took it really hard.  While we knew it was coning it was hard.  Luckily we became somewhat friends with bio family and they made is godparents of our former kiddo and his brother.  We still get to see them and have them come over from tine to time so that helps.

We recently (about 10 weeks ago) got another kiddo who is just as awesome as the last.  The bio mom is very flaky so we aren’t sure about reunification at this point but if this one were to head home or be taken elsewhere it might be too much for my wife to handle as she had developed a crazy close bond with him.

Our lives are crazy, as some may know from other posts about my adopted daughter and her situation but the little guy tends to help is calm ourselves down.  Unfortunately the bio parents of our godsons are not doing well so we are worried about them atm.

Sorry, didn’t mean to make this all about my situation but also been needing to vent.

Bless you for what you do and just know however much it hurts to lose them, you changed their lives forever for better!

Awesome brother. Good on you, it's not easy 

8/12/19 3:27 PM
4/5/07

My wife and I have talked about fostering and I think when our kids are older, we may look into more.  But I have worried about the emotional toll it would take.  I might try volunteering through CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) first, to see what it's like to get involved with kids while knowing they will probably end up back in a home that isn't ideal.

You tend to hear the worst stories about the foster care system, but I'm glad there are people out there like you who are bringing some light to those little lives.

8/12/19 3:43 PM
9/4/17
GenericAmerican -

My wife and I have talked about fostering and I think when our kids are older, we may look into more.  But I have worried about the emotional toll it would take.  I might try volunteering through CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) first, to see what it's like to get involved with kids while knowing they will probably end up back in a home that isn't ideal.

You tend to hear the worst stories about the foster care system, but I'm glad there are people out there like you who are bringing some light to those little lives.

It's definitely a roller-coaster. The day we got approved I got a a call a couple of hours later asking if we could take in a kid. Without hesitation I said yes, then I realized that I should probably ask my wife first lol. Then 3 days later we had our second foster child. Luckily we were about as prepared as you could be given the circumstances. 

8/13/19 3:27 AM
5/27/09

I don't know how people foster kids. My heart couldn't take it ..... watching them leave.

8/13/19 3:55 AM
12/23/08
Jack Skellington - 

I don't know how people foster kids. My heart couldn't take it ..... watching them leave.

One of my best friend's sister fostered two kids from the time they were babies.

Both kids came from a Mother that did meth while she was pregnant.

Both had a ton of problems and she has now adopted them and is raising them as her own.

She is a better person than I am...I could not do it. 

People like her are what is right with this wrong world.

8/13/19 7:12 AM
10/25/12

My wife and I are foster parents, OP I know what you're feeling, hopefully you can get over this, hang in there.

This will be a bit long, so read it or not, it's your call!

Our situation is a little different, when we first started, we said we only wanted one child.

We get a call one day and was asked if we could do two, a brother and sister, she was 2, he was 18 months.

The agency pretty much put pressure on us, telling my wife that we had until the end of the day to make a decision.

We took them in, and waited to see what would be next for them.

When we started we had the intention of fostering a newborn who's family is close to my wife's family, they all grew up together so, they considered each other family.

As it turned out, the newborn was placed with a different family.

One day we got a phone call about the newborn, their grandmother, who already has the first two that her daughter had, requested to the agency that the newborn was with that she would like for us to foster.

Other agency didn't listen to her request at first, but every thing worked itself out.

The 2 that we had ended up going with one of their aunts.

We now have the newborn.

It was bitter sweet when the first two left, we worked hard to improve their life, the 2 year old just mumbled when she spoke, called everyone she met either mommy or daddy was the only clear words she said. That was heart breaking at first, we realized that she and her brother had no idea what was going on. 

Within the 3 months that we had them, you could now understand about 80% of what she said.

I just hope that their aunt can take care of them, and will truly love them, they deserive it.