OtherGround Forums Starwars : shietty franchise

5 days ago
1/1/01

They fucked up when they tried to maximise the money.

Now every year a movie goes on screen and most of the time it is not related to the one of the year before.

So we are completely lost with 20 stories at the same time without any well known charachter and we just give up.

The last time i watched one (i dont even remember which episode it was called), i did not understand a single thing to the story.

Now you have to be a geek to understand it and as there are no millions of geel all around the world.....it fail.

Or maybe i am too stupid to understand it. 

5 days ago
1/1/01

I wrote this thread because i am looking for a film to watch tonight and i will not even lose my time downloading the last jedi....because i know i will not understand half the story.

Am I correct? 

5 days ago
1/1/01

It just seems so dull compared to the original  movies.  I mean on a surface level you can get it but that certain something the old movies had just isn't there.

5 days ago
7/13/09

First 3 are great for their time and era but even the 3rd one starts getting goofy with the Ewoks and over commercialization of it. Then the rest of them are attempts at trying to recapture that original magic and failing miserably for the most part...Rouge Squadrons decent though. 

5 days ago
3/13/08

While the newer movies are not very good, I think the last line from OP might be true.

5 days ago
5/24/17

Sjwars

Edited: 5 days ago
12/26/05

They have been shit for 8 movies now.

I'm done suckering myself into watching them thinking, "maybe this one wont suck this time."

5 days ago
1/25/04

Have you seen John Wick 3 yet?

5 days ago
4/2/11

If you want half baked c plot stories with identity politics and man hate shoved down your throat, you'll love the last Jedi!   

I guess it is worth a watch to see first hand the Disney corporation doing all they can to ruin a franchise. But it's a beyond frustrating viewing

5 days ago
1/1/01
jujubre -

I wrote this thread because i am looking for a film to watch tonight and i will not even lose my time downloading the last jedi....because i know i will not understand half the story.

Am I correct? 

go watch an avengers movie. it's inspiring because there is less surrendering there than in a star wars movie. 

5 days ago
11/7/07
JJitsu - 

First 3 are great for their time and era but even the 3rd one starts getting goofy with the Ewoks and over commercialization of it. Then the rest of them are attempts at trying to recapture that original magic and failing miserably for the most part...Rouge Squadrons decent though. 

pretty much this, and I did like Rogue One
5 days ago
7/31/09

If the number of shitty movies outnumbers the good ones..the franchise is shitty. But fanboys eat that shit up.

omg lightsabers!  The movie sucks but, lightsabers!

5 days ago
1/1/01

french guy, you should watch the game with sean penn and michael douglas. or le peau blanche if you want to be entertained. 

the last jedi is the top 5 worst hollywood movies that i've ever seen. 

also, the ONLY good movies since the original star wars are the force awakens and rogue 1. 

5 days ago
11/16/17

Ryan Johnson should be killed for what they did

5 days ago
12/14/15

The numerical films since ROTJ have all been shit (EP3 wasn’t AS shit) but both Rogue One and Solo have both been good movies. 

5 days ago
1/1/01
Jack Carter -

Have you seen John Wick 3 yet?

Yep, i enjoyed it.

4 days ago
10/12/13
I agree, it's a stupid premise. Bigfoot and a sword fighting, space-ninja astronaut....
4 days ago
6/26/17

4 days ago
7/13/09

Said it before and will say it again.  The best part of the prequels and latest movies are the Red Letter Media videos about them. 

The latest one about the upcoming movie .  

There's only 3 star wars movies and then a bunch of fan fiction movies.  

Edited: 4 days ago
2/23/05
As soon as the first Ewok hit the screen it was all over.
4 days ago
2/2/15

ROTS was a good movie despite Lucas. Rogue one was good.

The best thing Star Wars is the Clone Wars animated series. It is fucking awesome fleshes out the prequel characters really, really well and actually makes you care about them. If you watch episode 3 after that you're much more invested in it .

4 days ago
1/1/01

Jujubre is back?!

3 days ago
4/2/11
sewich -

Said it before and will say it again.  The best part of the prequels and latest movies are the Red Letter Media videos about them. 

The latest one about the upcoming movie .  

There's only 3 star wars movies and then a bunch of fan fiction movies.  

Completely agree with you. 

3 days ago
2/20/09

Yeah, you’re right.  Even the first 3 weren’t good.  They are simply iconic.

The next 3 are hot, steaming dogshit.  Like if your dog ate a week old possum corpse and a pound of raw bacon.

The only recent one that wasn’t completely horrible was Rogue One.

3 days ago
4/21/09
yusul -

french guy, you should watch the game with sean penn and michael douglas. or le peau blanche if you want to be entertained. 

the last jedi is the top 5 worst hollywood movies that i've ever seen. 

also, the ONLY good movies since the original star wars are the force awakens and rogue 1. 

Wait... You thought the force awakens was a good movie??

Oh boy.