OtherGround Forums Starwars : shietty franchise

10 days ago
7/4/09

The franchise is still kickass.

The recent films have been shit sandwhich thanks to Disney.

10 days ago
1/1/01
Bam57Bam -
yusul -

french guy, you should watch the game with sean penn and michael douglas. or le peau blanche if you want to be entertained. 

the last jedi is the top 5 worst hollywood movies that i've ever seen. 

also, the ONLY good movies since the original star wars are the force awakens and rogue 1. 

Wait... You thought the force awakens was a good movie??

Oh boy.

well, it wasn't great. 

10 days ago
7/5/12

Yes, everything made after the 1980s was unnecessary.

10 days ago
2/27/13
Bam57Bam -
yusul -

french guy, you should watch the game with sean penn and michael douglas. or le peau blanche if you want to be entertained. 

the last jedi is the top 5 worst hollywood movies that i've ever seen. 

also, the ONLY good movies since the original star wars are the force awakens and rogue 1. 

Wait... You thought the force awakens was a good movie??

Oh boy.

I think TFA is overrated due to it actually being less shitty than the prequels.

That's like praising horseshit for not smelling as bad as dogshit, but when it's the best Star Wars movie for over 30 years people fawn over it.

10 days ago
5/22/05
donkypunch55 - 

Yeah, you’re right.  Even the first 3 weren’t good.  They are simply iconic.

The next 3 are hot, steaming dogshit.  Like if your dog ate a week old possum corpse and a pound of raw bacon.

The only recent one that wasn’t completely horrible was Rogue One.

The first one was good and the second was great. It's all downhill from there.
10 days ago
10/12/10

Rogue One was great.

The Last Jedi was pure shit, and I can't understand the defenders of that film.

It was that shit it actually fizzled out any remaining interest I had in any future star wars movies which is impressive, most impressive.

9 days ago
9/10/10

Revenge of the sith was good

Only one that was horrid was last one

I liked solo 

9 days ago
1/1/01
Nickelback is my jam.. AMA - 

Rogue One was great.

It was that shit it actually fizzled out any remaining interest I had in any future star wars movies which is impressive, most impressive.

I agree that Rogue One was great.  I actually went expecting it to be complete garbage.  I was so surprised that it wasn't sucking that I had to go back again to fully appreciate it.  Even SOLO was a competent film.  Credit goes to Ron Howard for rescuing what was reported to be an abysmally bad film at the last moment.  TLJ was bad beyond comprehension and The Force Awakens was the very definition of mediocrity.

9 days ago
7/13/09
Soup and Beer -

Rogue One was great.

I agree that Rogue One was great.  I actually went expecting it to be complete garbage.  I was so surprised that it wasn't sucking that I had to go back again to fully appreciate it.  Even SOLO was a competent film.  Credit goes to Ron Howard for rescuing what was reported to be an abysmally bad film at the last moment.  TLJ was bad beyond comprehension and The Force Awakens was the very definition of mediocrity.

Rogue one was filled with characters that sucked and you had no investment in their deaths.  There was no character development.  

9 days ago
1/1/01
sewich - 
Soup and Beer -

Rogue One was great.

Rogue one was filled with characters that sucked and you had no investment in their deaths.  There was no character development.  

Each to their own.  I thought the characters and film's direction was light years ahead of TFA and especially TLJ.  Also far ahead of the prequels, but not as good as the originals.

9 days ago
1/1/01

The Last Jedi was so bad it made me lose any interest in Solo, and I don't really give a shit about the new one coming out.

9 days ago
2/20/09
banco -
donkypunch55 - 

Yeah, you’re right.  Even the first 3 weren’t good.  They are simply iconic.

The next 3 are hot, steaming dogshit.  Like if your dog ate a week old possum corpse and a pound of raw bacon.

The only recent one that wasn’t completely horrible was Rogue One.

The first one was good and the second was great. It's all downhill from there.

Based on their place in the pantheon of movie history, I have no problem with your assessment.  I personally feel that without their historical relevance, they’d wouldn’t be half as good.

9 days ago
5/3/01

jujubre, if you had to rate the star wars franchise, what number on what scale would you assign it?

8 days ago
1/1/01

^for him it would have to be the 20 point metric scale. 

8 days ago
9/14/03
Empire was definitely the high point and they've gotten worse every time. Now it's like theyre being made stupid and shitty on purpose, out of spite.

Empire does everything right. Like how the big battle is at the beginning and the end is a slow burn of character driven tension. Good drama, with a compelling finale, not overbearing bullshit of 5 battles going on at once, each one trying to be more bombastic than the last.
Edited: 8 days ago
6/30/07
holly9000 - As soon as the first Ewok hit the screen it was all over.

It was supposed to be wookies, not cute teddy bears :(

8 days ago
6/30/07
Soup and Beer -

Rogue One was great.

They picked the wrong lead in solo, it was hard to buy, that guy simply can't act.

8 days ago
10/15/13

Hey all...this is all you need to know.....

Image result for the force is female

8 days ago
1/1/01
Mountain Medic - 
Soup and Beer -

Rogue One was great.

They picked the wrong lead in solo, it was hard to buy, that guy simply can't act.

Yea they fucked up that part.  And I have no idea why because there was an actor that looked exactly like a young Harrison Ford and could do a perfect impression.

8 days ago
1/1/01
Fury2Feed - Empire was definitely the high point and they've gotten worse every time. Now it's like theyre being made stupid and shitty on purpose, out of spite.

Empire does everything right. Like how the big battle is at the beginning and the end is a slow burn of character driven tension. Good drama, with a compelling finale, not overbearing bullshit of 5 battles going on at once, each one trying to be more bombastic than the last.

i read somewhere that lucas was pissed that the best liked movie was one where he didn't write the script nor direct so he made deliberate changes in the next and following series. 

8 days ago
6/30/07
Soup and Beer -
Mountain Medic - 
Soup and Beer -

Rogue One was great.

Yea they fucked up that part.  And I have no idea why because there was an actor that looked exactly like a young Harrison Ford and could do a perfect impression.

It was like stepping over a hundred dollar bill and scooping up a handful of dogshit.

Have you seen the theories that Disney is wrecking the old characters on purpose because somehow Lucas still partially owns the originals? The idea being to "kill the past" so that they don't have to pay Lucas.

8 days ago
1/23/06
Darth Vader is up there with all the greatest cinematic characters.
8 days ago
3/7/05
There is the original trilogy and then a bunch of crap. Rogue One is a lone bright spot in an endless river of trash that followed Return of the Jedi.
8 days ago
12/28/04

Rogue One isnt actually good, it just seemed good because the rest are sooooo fucking bad. 

8 days ago
1/23/06