OtherGround Forums Students demand firing of professors @police rally

9/14/20 9:19 PM
5/22/15
LoveToChoke - 
Upperdog -

You know what happens if student loans are forgiven and tuition becomes "FREE". Indoctrination. These are the books and teachings you will recite from. True student's of knowledge will be persecuted for other think.

"Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly."
-Albert Einstein

Although both Albert Einstein and Alfred Nobel shared an understanding that all life serves purpose, there was a point in time they were inspired for one reason or another to devise a way to improve humanity.

I surmise that neither of them, nor MLK, would feel content knowing that in this day and age people are taking to the streets, rioting, burning their own communities down, and kneeling in place of standing strong as beacons, pillars of hope, strength, courage, commitment and perseverance. There is a greater common good and it begins with each and every one of us.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
-Marianne Williamson

I believe University and College education is free in Europe and they don’t have the same issues.

The administration should tell these students to fuck off, and if they cause problems they should be kicked out of the school. 

Has not rioting, firebombing, stabbings, in not only segregated sections of privately policed "Asian" communities increased despite the mass integration effort across the United Kingdom?

9/14/20 9:29 PM
5/22/15

^ and what of the professor, a simple student of knowledge?

9/14/20 9:35 PM
5/22/15

Not just the professor, but of his wife, his children, his students who are of a curious nature neither leaning heavily one way or another, yet caught in the crossfire?

9/14/20 9:37 PM
1/9/02
Upperdog -

Not just the professor, but of his wife, his children, his students who are of a curious nature neither leaning heavily one way or another, yet caught in the crossfire?

you sound like karasu

*looks at you suspiciously

9/14/20 9:38 PM
10/16/10
Horus2001 -

Seems like a bit like the cultural revolution in China where the students formed the red guard that would be used to destroy the lives of their professors and educated elders that they thought opposed them.

https://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-china-cultural-revolution-suicides-snap-story.html

His students beat him to death during the Cultural Revolution. The school called it a suicide

9/14/20 9:45 PM
1/1/01
madmartigan -
Jed - I have no words to express how fucked up the left wing idiots have become. I am not optimistic about the future of our country.

Yeah there's not a lot to be optimistic about. as our far right wing president just mused it should be illegal to burn the flag. That's right, the conservative standard bearer just shit on the constitutional decree of free speech

Ok. Read this, please. It actually Is against the law to desecrate our flag. I’m not trying to be a smart ass, but based on your post, it seeems like you didn’t know this.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/700

9/14/20 9:52 PM
1/1/01
Charles Barkley - 

These kids need a spanking. I’m totally serious. I feel like someone neglected to discipline them. 

Your post has just made me realize that we're dealing with an entire generation (maybe more?) of people that, as young children, never had to grapple with the mental turmoil of whether or not dad *really* meant it when he said, "...or I'll give you something to cry about".

9/14/20 9:52 PM
11/19/05

I demand the kids be expelled. So now what? 

9/14/20 10:09 PM
5/22/15
gregbrady - 
Upperdog -

you sound like karasu

*looks at you suspiciously

Quizzically*
Don't let your infatuation with him confuse you with that of mine. Upperdog!

9/14/20 10:12 PM
5/22/15
Wiggy - 
Charles Barkley - 

These kids need a spanking. I’m totally serious. I feel like someone neglected to discipline them. 

Your post has just made me realize that we're dealing with an entire generation (maybe more?) of people that, as young children, never had to grapple with the mental turmoil of whether or not dad *really* meant it when he said, "...or I'll give you something to cry about".

9/14/20 10:13 PM
8/9/16
Upperdog -
Wiggy - 
Charles Barkley - 

I say that now...to my 7 year old.

9/14/20 10:14 PM
1/1/01
"One gets the sense that a certain kind of liberal arts education is, for some extremely sensitive far-left students, no longer preparing them for the real world, or at least not in the sense this was traditionally intended. Indeed, the real world had better be prepared for them."

Exactly this. All the success they have with this at the college-level, they just take it with them to the corporate-work level.
9/14/20 10:15 PM
1/9/02
ABCTT_Disco Dracula -
Upperdog -
Wiggy - 
Charles Barkley - 

I say that now...to my 7 year old.

you and your family are welcome on the compound

9/14/20 10:27 PM
4/20/20

9/14/20 10:28 PM
4/20/20

For gutty prof

9/14/20 11:54 PM
11/11/12

How many racists do you think BLM is creating by doing shit like this

9/14/20 11:59 PM
1/9/02
danggook -

How many racists do you think BLM is creating by doing shit like this

not many

getting rid of a lot of white guilt though and for that i thank them

9/15/20 12:02 AM
11/9/04
Samoa - 

Tolerance and understanding of opposing views; a liberal tenet.  Oh wait.

Its almost like liberalism is a mental disorder
9/15/20 12:33 AM
1/1/01
GuttyProfessor -
madmartigan -
Jed - I have no words to express how fucked up the left wing idiots have become. I am not optimistic about the future of our country.

Yeah there's not a lot to be optimistic about. as our far right wing president just mused it should be illegal to burn the flag. That's right, the conservative standard bearer just shit on the constitutional decree of free speech

Ok. Read this, please. It actually Is against the law to desecrate our flag. I’m not trying to be a smart ass, but based on your post, it seeems like you didn’t know this.

That was overturned decades ago.  It's legal to desecrate the US flag.

9/15/20 12:38 AM
1/25/04

Just expel their dumb asses.

9/15/20 7:53 AM
11/28/03

expell those whiney students

9/15/20 7:59 AM
1/2/15
madmartigan -

But but but 

Do you have anything to say about OP?

Edited: 9/15/20 10:20 AM
12/2/05
GuttyProfessor -
madmartigan -

It seems like you didn't know this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._Johnson

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Eichman

9/15/20 10:27 AM
1/25/04
Junnk -
madmartigan -

But but but 

Do you have anything to say about OP?

He’s the king of deflection. 

9/20/20 6:30 PM
1/1/01
Fake Pie -
GuttyProfessor -
madmartigan -

It seems like you didn't know this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._Johnson

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Eichman

I didn’t. Now Im even more disgusted.