OtherGround Forums Suggest a Switch Game and why

12 days ago
4/26/13

Mario Odyssey. Has been a BLAST and if you liked mario 64 then I trust you’d enjoy this, too.

I’m on the hunt for a new strategy game to play. Maybe a turn based RPG. A buddy of my has suggested Fire Emblem: Three Houses though iv never played any of the series.

Any idears?

12 days ago
1/1/01

Zelda. Best game I’ve ever played 

12 days ago
9/15/09

Mario Rabbids. Super fun. Turn based strategy game. 

12 days ago
5/28/12
southcraw -

Mario Odyssey. Has been a BLAST and if you liked mario 64 then I trust you’d enjoy this, too.

I’m on the hunt for a new strategy game to play. Maybe a turn based RPG. A buddy of my has suggested Fire Emblem: Three Houses though iv never played any of the series.

Any idears?

If you are in search of a strategy game then tha clear winner is Fire Emblem. Possibly the best game from the best strategy series of all time, absolutely epic game with branching storylines, permadeath and wild amounts of customization

Edited: 12 days ago
9/13/06

Best games I played in 2019

Octopath Traveler - JRPG/Turn Based (I put in over 100 hours).  Tons of content, tons of grinding, tons of strategy.  Greag story lines.

Hollow Knight - Meroidvania style 2D scroller. Really great feel, good sound track/effects, amazing boss fights and battles.  Best $15 game I’ve purchased.

Best games I played in 2018

Zelda - BOTW (Best game I’ve ever played, over 200 hours).  This game will just draw you in.  So much content, very detailed game play, so many great quests, side quests, puzzles, accomplishments.  I cant wait for BOTW 2. 

Mario vs Rabbids - Turn based strategy.  Movement between stages is very childish, but the strategy portion is not.  

Honorable Mention

LA Noire - GTA style open world, but you play a detective as opposed to a criminal.  Enjoyable storyline, involved cases where you have to find clues, interegation of criminals, fun side quests, and bonus GTA style achievements (collect cars, hit sweet jumps, etc).  Probably $15 or less tomorrow.

12 days ago
3/23/07

:)

12 days ago
1/1/01
Carne el Pollo - 

seconded for a turn based game.
12 days ago
7/2/09

Third ed for Zelda BOTW being the best game I've ever played.  I don't want to oversell it... it's not without flaw.  But the huge universe and free to roam gameplay draws you in because it allows you to follow your natural interests.  Wanna climb mountains that are waaaay too high for you?  Go for it.  Want to collect shit?  Go for it.  

12 days ago
11/11/11
saglv -

:)

12 days ago
11/11/11

12 days ago
11/28/09

Luigis mansion 3

SMAAH BROS ULTIMATE 

12 days ago
6/27/05
Carne el Pollo -

Bought it today at 50% off - epic turn based fun.

Dark Souls remastered is also on sale....

12 days ago
5/3/01

tetris99

-cheap! ($5 for the full version)

-pickup/put down nerve racking 100-player battles

-if you make it to the champions league, i will melt your soul (an: fartles)

12 days ago
6/27/05

Don’t leave out Bloodstaind.  It’s similar to Castlevania Symphony of the Night

12 days ago
6/27/05
Peixes -

tetris99

So fucking fun

Edited: 12 days ago
11/11/11

The original and still the greatest turn based rpg series of all time

DRAGON QUEST

Dq11 for switch is the definitive version. Turn on stronger monsters at the game start for a great strategic challenge. Old school traditional gameplay with a lot of heart and charm. Great story, great characters that grow on you over time. Artwork by dragon ball creator akira toriyama is a series staple. LOTS OF GAME to be had and you will get your money's worth. There is a free demo on switch that is about 10- 20 HOURS LONG and is the start of the full game. Your data will transfer to the full version. they are that confident in their product you are getting that much content for FREE. GET IT.

-BEAR KNOWS-

12 days ago
1/1/01

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-games/pcmcat1484080052161.c?id=pcmcat1484080052161

Mario v. Rabbids Kingdom Battle for $15 at Best Buy.  Ch ch ch check it!

12 days ago
1/1/01

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/slay-the-spire-nintendo-switch-digital/6355967.p?skuId=6355967

Another great Switch game, Slay the Spire.  Turn based, randomly generated card based combast game.  It's pretty flipping addictive.

12 days ago
5/1/14
Stu Cazzo -
Peixes -

tetris99

So fucking fun

Dude I'm mad hooked on Tetris 99. If you pay the 20 for.the game you get a year of online for free.

12 days ago
5/3/01
Thrill Hammer -
Stu Cazzo -
Peixes -

tetris99

So fucking fun

Dude I'm mad hooked on Tetris 99. If you pay the 20 for.the game you get a year of online for free.

REALLYV hoping the next update lets you enter games with friends

it sucks never being able to drag my tetris balls over my friend's faces

12 days ago
9/15/15

Lets see how old people are and if anyone remembers a game called Lolo I got it and man it still in beatable

12 days ago
5/1/14
Peixes -
Thrill Hammer -
Stu Cazzo -
Peixes -

tetris99

So fucking fun

REALLYV hoping the next update lets you enter games with friends

it sucks never being able to drag my tetris balls over my friend's faces

That would be sweet. 

12 days ago
5/14/08

In for suggestions. I basically just play Zelda and Stardew Valley all the time. 

The South Park games are surprisingly good. Story is legitimately funny. Combat is very different in each game and deeper than you would think. Just not very replayable. 

11 days ago
11/28/09
FatChrist Magic -

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-games/pcmcat1484080052161.c?id=pcmcat1484080052161

Mario v. Rabbids Kingdom Battle for $15 at Best Buy.  Ch ch ch check it!

Fantastic game

11 days ago
4/14/12

Binding of Isaac. Hardest game I've ever played. Im not one to yell over a game but I've gotten extremely upset over what I thought was a successful run come to an abrupt end. Most rewarded I've ever felt getting 100% completion.