OtherGround Forums Suggest a Switch Game and why

11 days ago
11/11/11
Thewandi -

Lets see how old people are and if anyone remembers a game called Lolo I got it and man it still in beatable

Bear knows

11 days ago
1/1/01
In!

I wanted to suggest Octopath Traveler but I'm playing the demo and liked it until they put me up against Russell who is way OP for the demo. If there's more I need to do to gain skills to beat him in a fight, it isn't obvious. I still see the draw of this game though... Maybe try the demo like I am and give it a whirl. It's super popular.
Edited: 11 days ago
3/4/18

If you like Stardew Valley then My Time at Portia is probably a game for you. Same sort of thing but 3D graphics instead of 2D.

Enter the Gungeon shits all over Binding of Isaac but both a great examples of the genre.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze if you want a platformer with a real challenge.

Hard West is a nice little turn based strategy game like Xcom. Usually on sale for dirt cheap.

11 days ago
9/13/06
JitsuGuy - In!

I wanted to suggest Octopath Traveler but I'm playing the demo and liked it until they put me up against Russell who is way OP for the demo. If there's more I need to do to gain skills to beat him in a fight, it isn't obvious. I still see the draw of this game though... Maybe try the demo like I am and give it a whirl. It's super popular.

Google is your friend.

11 days ago
11/11/11
JitsuGuy - In!

Octopath is a good solid rpg throwback to snes era squaresoft games. However it gets extremely repetitive and uninspired. Still fun though.

11 days ago
1/1/01
What about Xenoblade Chronicles 2? It's got a great Metacritic score and seems to be popular.
11 days ago
1/1/01

Loving Luigi's Mansion 3 right now.  Puzzles in it are great and boss battles tons of fun.

Another vote for Mario Rabbids, great turn based game.

BOTW is the best game ever made.

11 days ago
10/24/03

Zelda, I hear it's the best game people have played! 

11 days ago
11/11/11

Dragon quest 11

Free demo of the full game featuring 10 to 20 hours of gameplay. Data transfers to full game.

10 days ago
9/13/06
TheBearStare -
JitsuGuy - In!

Octopath is a good solid rpg throwback to snes era squaresoft games. However it gets extremely repetitive and uninspired. Still fun though.

I ended up grinding too hard too soon and the game became extremely simple.  This sucked when I got further in because I had no idea how to use the added skills and started getting my ass kicked.  

10 days ago
9/13/06

OP, did you pull the trigger on anything?

10 days ago
2/19/11

Another vote here for dragon quest 11

brilliant game ( agree with starting on strong monsters)

10 days ago
11/11/11
GentileLarryDavid -
TheBearStare -
JitsuGuy - In!

I ended up grinding too hard too soon and the game became extremely simple.  This sucked when I got further in because I had no idea how to use the added skills and started getting my ass kicked.  

Strong monster is a total butt kicking. Its refreshing having an rpg game where if you get complacent or cocky even the random enemies you run into will occasionally kill you. You have to stay on your toes but its all very beatable and very rewarding.

10 days ago
11/11/11

Not many games like dragon queat 11 these days from the big companies. It has a lot of heart and its obvious its a labor of love that they went above and beyond with. They made 3 versions of the game. Theres a basic 2d mode, 3ds version, and the fancy modern graphics version.

Thr switch version contains the modern graphics and 2d mode. The gameplay is different for both and its not a cut and paste job with a different paint of coat.

10 days ago
9/13/06
TheBearStare -

Not many games like dragon queat 11 these days from the big companies. It has a lot of heart and its obvious its a labor of love that they went above and beyond with. They made 3 versions of the game. Theres a basic 2d mode, 3ds version, and the fancy modern graphics version.

Thr switch version contains the modern graphics and 2d mode. The gameplay is different for both and its not a cut and paste job with a different paint of coat.

I downloaded the demo and summittes Tor.  I’ll give is some more time and see if I want to pull the trigger.  

Have you played The Witcher 3?  It has a cult like following but far from the high ratings over all.  

I highly recommend Hollow Knight.  There are some arena battles that are out of control and the game play is very enjoyable.  Only $15

10 days ago
11/11/11

10 days ago
8/21/13

In for ideas

10 days ago
7/25/13

I thought Odyssey was awesome.... I’d recommend Luigis Mansion 3. It’s a great game. 

10 days ago
4/26/13
GentileLarryDavid -

OP, did you pull the trigger on anything?

Got fire emblem 3 houses

Just getting into the combat in it and so far I’m enjoying it. The character development alongside the story line is really involving and just keeps me wanting to play more. I’ll report back after another few to several hours of gameplay.

also have luigi’s mansion, Havnt played much so I’ll refrain from criticizing it until

ive given it a chance!

10 days ago
5/29/18

Fire Emblem Three Houses

I hate turn based/strategy games but this was a pretty good game. 

Astral Chain, I've heard is really good. Haven't played it though

10 days ago
1/1/01
TheBearStare -

Sold.  Gonna be an xmas present for me and my son to play together.

10 days ago
1/1/01
BeatEmUps on youtube just did a Christmas list video of about 150 games.

Divided in to three different price ranges and then breaks them up into must buys, maybes, and stay aways.
10 days ago
7/15/02

I would never in a million years have expected TheBareStare to be a Dragon Quest fan. That’s fucking awesome. 

Dragon Quest XI for the the Switch is really fucking good if you like those types of rpgs. I don’t want to spoil the story but there’s so many WTF moments. Awesome game. 

10 days ago
8/4/11

10 days ago
11/8/11

DQ11 is so good. It had been some time since I played a jrpg because the FF franchise has turned to shit since FFX so when I finally decided to try DQ11 I was not disappointed. Really scratched that jrpg itch, strongly recommend it. It has tons of content too, I played like 110 hours on my game and didn't even get through everything.